November 1-485 Filers pls post

Here is the update on case:
Received biometrics appointment letter for 01/03/2011. Can i do walk in? Can i give fingerprints in any ASC or only at the ASC mentioned on appointment letter?

Ravi_niu, Did you get any update on EAD?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/22/10: AOS packet sent by FEDEX to Chicago
11/23/10: AOS packet delivered.
12/03/10: Received 4 email and text regarding receipt numbers from CIS
12/08/10: Received NOA's in the mail
12/13/10: Received biometrics appointment letter for 01/03/2011.

Here is the update on case:
Received biometrics appointment letter for 01/03/2011. Can i do walk in? Can i give fingerprints in any ASC or only at the ASC mentioned on appointment letter?

Ravi_niu, Did you get any update on EAD?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/22/10: AOS packet sent by FEDEX to Chicago
11/23/10: AOS packet delivered.
12/03/10: Received 4 email and text regarding receipt numbers from CIS
12/08/10: Received NOA's in the mail
12/13/10: Received biometrics appointment letter for 01/03/2011.

No intrepid none so far, still does not matter as we all have waited for so long. Anyways my interview is next month, sometimes with a fast interview EAD is on back burner. Only a few more weeks to go,
You should try for a walk in. Any ASC across the country is fine. AS the ASC's take the biometrics digitally all of it goes to a single database, thus nowadays it does not make any difference which ASC you walk into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

I just received my Biometrics appointment letter, I think i'll go foe walk-in...

No intrepid none so far, still does not matter as we all have waited for so long. Anyways my interview is next month, sometimes with a fast interview EAD is on back burner. Only a few more weeks to go,
You should try for a walk in. Any ASC across the country is fine. AS the ASC's take the biometrics digitally all of it goes to a single database, thus nowadays it does not make any difference which ASC you walk into.

Hi ravi_niu, its not that I dont believe you or anything, doing a walk-in at a different ASC would be so much more convenient for me!, but do you know someone who actually has done that? or is there a site that says something like that, or is it on uscis.gov? Just out of curiosity!

Anyway im most likely going to give that a try now that you've mentioned it! there shouldnt be any harm in trying, right?!!
(once i recieve the biometrics letter ofcourse!:rolleyes:)

Hey Guys,

I just received my Biometrics appointment letter, I think i'll go foe walk-in...
?
Oh hey! We pretty much have the same timeline (sent 11/22)! but i didnt recieve a bio appt letter today!? bummer.. oH well Good 4 u! let us know how the walk-in goes! :)

Hey Guys,

Congrats for Bio.
Which DO you are in.(may be your DO is faster?)
My relative has not recd it so far and his 485 recd. date is 11/15.

Hi guys,
I have been reading many cases and timelines here on the forum and I realized most of the people who do a walk in get their Inteview letter before EAD.
I also saw that when you do your biometrics, whether on the appointment day or a walk in, you get your interview letter after 10 days (assuming you get no RFEs because most come after biometrics) and the interview is usually one month from the day you receive the letter. That means that when you succeed in a walk in, there is a greater chance that your interview day might move closer by a couple of days. On the other hand it doesn't hurt to wait. Patience pays.lol. Thats how most cases look like. But please note every case is unique and different from the other one.

Helly guys,

Surprisingly, I am not seing anyone of you mentioning the visa number regression. I will update my profile latter, but as far as I know the process will be ON HOLD if your priority date was affected by the RETROGRESSION.
I have spoken with a few lawyers and they have said, that starting from Jan 2011 if you priority date is not current, you application GC, I-765 ect will be ON HOLD till your priority date becames current again. It is a horrible news for me, since I just did my biometrics today, and won't get anything for a long time till PD will be current again (I wish I knew about walk-in, I could have tried).
I am Family 1 category (son over 21 of US Citizen)

Good Luck!!!

congrats to everyone on bio app, i just got mine today finally it got me worried for a sec... good luck to everyone

For those whose case numbers appeared online - did your case number begin with MSC110xxxxxxx? I received my NOAs in the mail on 11/22/2010 but have not received biometric notice nor can I see any of my case numbers online. Application is for my mother and I am a US citizen. Filed 485/130/131/765/693/864 together and sent to Chicago lockbox.

Just came in from my successful walk in biometrics.

Day 00: 11/23/2010: AOS package sent to Chicago (3.53 pm EST) (i -485, i - 130 , I - 765, I - 864, G - 325 , I -693)
Day 01: 11/24/2010: Package delivered by USPS express and received and signed by R Mercado @2.35 pm
Day 10: 12/03/2010: Checks cashed.
Day 14: 12/07/2010: Received NOAs in the mail for I -130, 1- 765 and I - 485.
Day 21: 12/14/2010: Received biometrics appointment letter for 01/05/2011.
Day 24: 12/17/2010: Biometrics done (successful walk in 18 days before appointment)

Helly guys,

Surprisingly, I am not seing anyone of you mentioning the visa number regression. I will update my profile latter, but as far as I know the process will be ON HOLD if your priority date was affected by the RETROGRESSION.
I have spoken with a few lawyers and they have said, that starting from Jan 2011 if you priority date is not current, you application GC, I-765 ect will be ON HOLD till your priority date becames current again. It is a horrible news for me, since I just did my biometrics today, and won't get anything for a long time till PD will be current again (I wish I knew about walk-in, I could have tried in Boston).
I am Family 1 category (son over 21 of US Citizen)

Good Luck!!!

At another forum, someone mentioned you are still going to get your EAD while you wait.
I'm not 100% sure if i'm affected, or by how much. My PD was current on November, and filed everything in November also..