November 1-485 Filers pls post

Guy I need ur help, I've came to the USA in last July and get married to my wife 3 days after arriving the country on b-2 visa, then i went back to my country for emergency after 10 days.. Then i cam back to USA in beginning of November and filed my AOS forms in 11/22/2010, so its 20 days after entering the states on b-2 valid status... My question is there any problem in my situation???

CSCC,
It seems you came to the US to get married and not visit. If that is the case, i'd suggest you get a good lawyer cause you should have come w a fiance or marriage visa. I am sure you know this but United States is a country of laws. This mistake may really cost you a lot, ie. if indeed you came for marriage. If you didn't then you need to show proof of love at first sight! but who comes to the US and gets married on the 20th day? again get a good lawyer before anything gets complicated and out of hand. They know the laws and how to present cases properly.

Topeka6000, thank you

My lawyer suggest I keep the appointment. So I'll do that. It probably wont even expedite anything if I should walk in.
CSCC, u finally got something, congrats

UPDATE!! Received my NOAs in mail today. Tried to add the case online with my receipt numbers starting with MSC but the system does not recognize them. Anyone knows what could be the reason?

Day 00: 11/23/2010: AOS package sent to Chicago (3.53 pm EST) (i -485, i - 130 , I - 765, I - 864, G - 325 , I -693)
Day 01: 11/24/2010: Package delivered by USPS express and received and signed by R Mercado @2.35 pm
Day 10: 12/03/2010: Checks cashed.
Day 14: 12/07/2010: Received NOAs in the mail for I -130, 1- 765 and I - 485.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will take a bit longer to appear online..about 3-4 weeks..just keep checking every couple of days

Hi guys,
I see we have lots of updates lately. it is very nice to see this forum getting busy! Hi LadyM! I received the biometrics notices today.. I decided to wait for the appt day. No walk ins for me...

UPDATE!! Received my NOAs in mail today. Tried to add the case online with my receipt numbers starting with MSC but the system does not recognize them. Anyone knows what could be the reason?

Day 00: 11/23/2010: AOS package sent to Chicago (3.53 pm EST) (i -485, i - 130 , I - 765, I - 864, G - 325 , I -693)
Day 01: 11/24/2010: Package delivered by USPS express and received and signed by R Mercado @2.35 pm
Day 10: 12/03/2010: Checks cashed.
Day 14: 12/07/2010: Received NOAs in the mail for I -130, 1- 765 and I - 485.

I too cannot check any MSC number online. Same set of applications as yours. For parent of US citizen.

The Mercado guy signed for my package too.

Application package sent 11-09-2010 by Priority Mail.
Package received by USCIS 11-12-2010.
Email & SMS Acknowledgement received 11-17-2010
Check cashed 11-18-2010
NOAs received 11-22-2010

No Biometrics Notices so far either.

I am from San Francisco Bay area and fingerprint center is likely to be Oakland ASC.

Hi guys,
I see we have lots of updates lately. it is very nice to see this forum getting busy! Hi LadyM! I received the biometrics notices today.. I decided to wait for the appt day. No walk ins for me...

Congrats to all who got their updates. R2010, I knew u werent too far behind me. We got the same date.

Ravi,
It must be pretty frustrating waiting all this time.
Did u even get a card production email? I hope u will hear something soon. All the best

Thats true Lady M, but a few weeks doesnt matter anymore. The main search should be now to find a job, that takes time too. That was the case senario with one of my friends. While waiting for his AOS he looked for better job oppurtunities. Incidentally he had his job interview on the same day as his AOS interview, at different times. The company waited for him to get his GC which took like 21 days after interview to get to his hand

BTW you should walk in for your Biometrics. It does no harm and after going through this forum for the last couple of years i can say that it would not slow down your process if it does not speed it up. So you dont loose anything.. my 2 cents

I am a USC spouse. Well we can compare our timelines and progress. Goodluck

I too cannot check any MSC number online. Same set of applications as yours. For parent of US citizen.

The Mercado guy signed for my package too.

Application package sent 11-09-2010 by Priority Mail.
Package received by USCIS 11-12-2010.
Email & SMS Acknowledgement received 11-17-2010
Check cashed 11-18-2010
NOAs received 11-22-2010

No Biometrics Notices so far either.

I am from San Francisco Bay area and fingerprint center is likely to be Oakland ASC.

Update! Just got the physical NOAs in the mail for all three froms.

Hey Mistborn,
Looks like we are in the same area and received our NOAs in the mail the same day... Might even get same interview day at callowhill street in Philly...lol . who knows? Anyway we can compare our progress. Good luck.

Hey Mistborn,
Looks like we are in the same area and received our NOAs in the mail the same day... Might even get same interview day at callowhill street in Philly...lol . who knows? Anyway we can compare our progress. Good luck.

Nice Boboclan,its really good to meet someone who lives in Philly with a similar timeline with mine.Good Luck to you too,hopefully we don,t get any RFEs. :)

11/16/10: AOS packet sent by FEDEX to Chicago
11/18/10: AOS packet delivered at 13:00 p.m. (signed by S. Bush)
11/24/2010: Received 6 emails and texts w/receipt #s from USCIS
11/29/10: Recieved NOA'S in the mail
12/04/2010: Received Biometric Notice for 1-485 and 1-765. Scheduled on 12/21/10

Last edited by a moderator: