November 1-485 Filers pls post

Welcome R2010,

You're right, a few people got NOA's on 11/29/10 including yourself I see. So that I understand correctly, u have a Family -based under 245i in process, plus a lottery AOS (am I correct?)
According to your timeline it seems ur working on the lottery AOS (not too familiar with the lottery system). Correct me where I am wrong, anyhow lets keep tracking, especially since we had NOA's on the same day. All the best to u

Hi LadyM! Yes you are correct! Although I have a family base under the 245i in process the lottery route is much fast! Now that I am in the AOS stage is pretty much the same as yours. I am watting for the biometrics letter and after that the interview letter. may I ask if you also applied for a EAD card? I decide not too but now I am thinking about it...

Hi LadyM! Yes you are correct! Although I have a family base under the 245i in process the lottery route is much fast! Now that I am in the AOS stage is pretty much the same as yours. I am watting for the biometrics letter and after that the interview letter. may I ask if you also applied for a EAD card? I decide not too but now I am thinking about it...

Yes i did do I-765, Not quite sure if u can send it in on its own. Somebody else might want to answer u regarding this.

Yes, u can send it separetly. I saw the information this info on the USCIS website. My problem is that, when you do AOS trhough a lottery system, time is the key factor. By September 2011 if you dont receive your GC you are done. They do not process any more GC for lottery winners after the fiscal year ends.. Since my process is under the 245i it makes a bit more complicated (to makes matters worst, my field office is Newark, NJ !(so busy!). So I was trying to save time and since the I-765 was optional I decide not to do it. But now I am wondering if it will be okay not having one at the interview time.... May I ask which is your field office? Actually, if possible, we all should mention our field office since it helps with the process timeline...

R2010,

I am in South jersey. I believe my field office is Mount Laurel. I don't think the EAD card is a requirement that you have it at the interview. Most people include it with their package for work purpose, you could look into it. Like I said I dont believe it is mandatory.

Hi All,

Hi all,

Have been reading this forum for sometime now... great info. I filed my AOS through family. Waiting for the notice of reciept emails/text msgs.

11/22/2010 - Sent AOS package (I-130,G1145, 485, 864, 131,765, 325a) via FEDEX to Chicago Lock box
11/23/2010 - Package delivered to USCIS (Fedex signature required) and signed by Y CHYVA

Hi sheeba2877,

I mailed my package in the same day by USPS and its a good chance to check our process together... GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE :)

I mailed in my AOS package on the 20th of November,it was received on the 22nd.Still keeping my fingers crossed for text messages.Hope this process goes smoothly for everyone.

Thanks for the reply! Mount Laurel office is less busy than newark for sure... EAD card is optional but I am not sure if it is optional when you r under the 245i.. I noticed you are using a lawyer to file your papers.. pehaps you could ask him/her about this.... I am filling on without a lawyer this time because I had horrible experiencies with lawyers!!! I had one application revoked because a lawyer mistake! I went to 3 lawyers regarding doing AOS through the lottery anf I only got bad advises from them!! What saved me was this forum web site! Actually you should check the dv2011 aos forum. They have a great google spreadsheet with AOS timeline from all the members...(50 members!).

R2010,

I am in South jersey. I believe my field office is Mount Laurel. I don't think the EAD card is a requirement that you have it at the interview. Most people include it with their package for work purpose, you could look into it. Like I said I dont believe it is mandatory.

Hi R2010,

Just as u mentioned in another post, I have read on USCIS website that you can file i-765 with a copy of your NOA. (If you did not file it with the I-485) Again, it is not mandatory that you have it at the interview, it is really optional even with 245i. You should put it in now if you plan to as u might need it for work or DL. After all, it's already included in your fees. I know I need mine in order to renew my DL. and to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks LadyM! I do have SSN# obtained from a previous application and my DL should last until the end of the fiscal year..
Lets hope we all receive our biometric letters soon. And for those who just sent the pkge I hope you get the NOA letter as fast as we did :)!
Unfortunatelly, there are some members from another forum who are experiencing delays on receving the interview letter. Lets hope it is because the holidays!

Cannot see online status yet. I called USCIS but they asked to wait 30 days.

US citizen applying for mother:

I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131. Included G325A, I-864EZ, I-693, G1145

Package received by USCIS 11-12-2010.

Email & SMS Acknowledgement received 11-17-2010

Check cashed 11-18-2010

NOAs received 11-22-2010. NOA for I-485 has an A-number.

I noticed that the two check images have case numbers which are different from the numbers I got by email/NOA letters.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

I live in San Francisco Bay area and the nearest ASC is in Oakland.

I mailed in my AOS package on the 20th of November,it was received on the 22nd.Still keeping my fingers crossed for text messages.Hope this process goes smoothly for everyone.

Hey Mistborn,

Did u get anything from this guys??

I130 petition from my father (GC holder).
I believe I am F2A categorey, correct me if im wrong on some terms, im not too familiar with the abbreviations!
I was under 21 on May and over 21 on November; but my lawyer says I'm good under the CSPA thing.
I'm also filing under 245i.

May 09, 2010: sent I130
September 13, 2010: Approved
November 2010: PD current

November 22, 2010: Sent I485 w/ I765

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,

Mistborn, CSCC, sheeba, hope you guys get your NOA's soon.

LVNV, welcome and all the best to everyone

No CSCC,I have not gotten anything response or feeedback from them.i think the holidays and the fact that people might have been trying to beat the date of the fee increase led to a spike in their work load.Well,the waiting begins...
Thanks LadyM.

Yes!!!!!!!!!! I checked my e mail just now and saw NOA mail for USCIS. You guys should be getting yours soon. :)