Non RIR Discussion Only !

I am confused

Thanks for the reply.

I am confused now. Please shed some light..

Here is my situation. My lawyer decided to convert to RIR but never sent RIR conversion request email(the reasoning behind this she explained was that if we do that and by April 1st the RIR package is not sent the case would be closed...). She did advertisement as 3 newspaper ads and interal posting on company's news panel and a posting on company's www site. No resumes received to this advertising effort so she prepared a report and sent RIR package on 3/14/07. Now on 3/24/07 I see a job by my ETA case number posted on the ajb site.

Actually she did the advertisement effort for another LC case for the same priority date in my company also and sent RIR package on the same date as mine. That person's case status changed from TR "IN Process" to TR "Data Review" and there is no AJB job posted for his case.

So my questions are:

1. Is that normal to get the job posted on ajb site evenif you have sent RIR package?

2. If it is normal to get the ajb job posted after sending RIR package then what was the purpose of us doing recruitment effort ?

3. Why did the other person's case changed to "Data Review" and no AJB job posting on his case ?

4. Is my case being processed as RIR or TR ?

Somebody with some experience and knowledge please help.

By the way I have already informed my lawyer about the situation, but haven't heard from her yet.

You have to advertise in local newspaper for 3 consecutive days(including one Sunday) and post the job internally in the company... All the resumes received will go to BEC and then they will forward qualified resumes to your company/attorney with recruitment effort letter. Then your employer sends a recruitment report to BEC.. after that your case gets certified...

Hey couple questions. I have to post my ad next couple days too.

(1) It says it should run for 3 days in a newspaper of general ciculation and one day should be Sunday. What days of the week did you pick?

(2) Did you check your ad with http://www.ajb.org? Mine is worded exactly according to specs for the job title. They omitted all special requirements (ETA 750 item 15). I'm wondering if I should contact BEC and ask them to change it.

Sunday is RECOMMEND only. so you are safe to run ads during weekdays.

Hello a quick question.. Please.

How do I check on ajc.org if my job has been published. The laywer says it is, but I want to check it out myslef.

Thank you very much in advace,
-nk..

When you click on Job Search link on ajb.org you will find 4 more links for quick search. The one we are interested in is Job Number.

Click on Job number link. Now in the search drop down select "Company Job ID", type your ETA case number as 05207xxxxx or 05207-xxxxx(they use either format so you have to try both..) adn select partial matches radio button.

How do I check on ajc.org if my job has been published. The laywer says it is, but I want to check it out myslef.

Thank you very much in advace,
-nk..

Thank you

Thanks a Ton guru. Will give it a try.

Gave it a try, but still not able to find the ad. Trying with the first 8 numbers and partial search option, gives me 11 pages of resuls. None of which is listed location to be GA.

Do I need to register in order to find a match?

-nk..

When you click on Job Search link on ajb.org you will find 4 more links for quick search. The one we are interested in is Job Number.

Click on Job number link. Now in the search drop down select "Company Job ID", type your ETA case number as 05207xxxxx or 05207-xxxxx(they use either format so you have to try both..) adn select partial matches radio button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certified at last

Ok Website shoes certified...
Applied in 01/10-RIR..NOF Nov 02..then compnay withdrew & reapplied in 03/2003..RIR conversion in Jan 01...Recruitment results filed 3 weeks ago...status never changed to RIR...directly went from TR to certified...
Oh Boy what a Journey...Dont know whether to celebrate all the spirit seems gone.....now have to wait for the Visa # to become current...

Its been a long Journey!
Thanks to Attn RS Khanna..he is doing a Great service ...so many times he has answered my emails almost immedeately...most attorneys would have charged a fee.

Join Immigrationvoice.org to fight retrogression!

Do they really follow queue at PBEC?

My company had filed couple of LCs, TR-EB2, which were pending at PBEC.

One of my colleague got it certificed before few weeks, even if his LC was filed few months after.

Can we use this facts, in any way, to expedite my process?

Thanks for answers.

No you don't need to register. If you are using D or P in front of the case then ommit that. You want to put the case number like 0520712345

or 05207-12345 that should definetly get you your add if its posted.

Thanks a Ton guru. Will give it a try.

Gave it a try, but still not able to find the ad. Trying with the first 8 numbers and partial search option, gives me 11 pages of resuls. None of which is listed location to be GA.

Do I need to register in order to find a match?

-nk..

My add was posted today on AJB. I have filed a PERM conversion 32 days ago.

When should I expect the recruitment instructions?
Can we use the recruitment used in PERM?
How is that going to affect my PERM application?
Which process will get the LC approved faster, PERM or traditional?

Thanks guys

"web" CERTIFIED

I just found out that my case status turned to "CERTIFIED". My attorney submitted the RIR conversion package on Mar. 7. The "processing type" has always been shown as TR, and never changed to RIR, before the certified status. Keep my finger crossed and look forward to seeing the approval on paper. Details please refer to my signature.

Certified MA-TR/EB2/PD-07/01/2003

My case shows as ceretified on the DOL web site. My details in the signature. MA cases seems to be finally picking up. It has been a frustrating wait specially toward the end. Your day will come...keep the faith.

PD: 07/01/2003, TR/EB2
ETA case number: P-05172-75XXX
SWA Location (No Regional): Boston (MA)
45 days letter replied: Oct 2006
AJB Ads Posted: 12/08/2006-01/22/2007
Recruitment Instructions Received (approx): 12/12/2007
Recruitment Period - 12/22/2006-1/22/2007
Recruitment Report Instructions Received : 01/7/2007
Recruitment Report Submitted(deadline 2/22/2007): 02/07/2007
LC status: Certified online: (03/28/2007)

Certified finally!

It is my turn to say that my labor case has been certified after 5 years and 9 months. I checked the website and sure enough it turned into certified from in process as of today, March 28 2007.
Hanging there guys, your time will come. Just like mine today. Keep your hope and God bless you all.

Here is my details.
Case # D-05200-3XXX
PD June 2001. California, EB2-RIR
Remanded to state March 2003 --> TR
Love letter (45 day) March 2006
Recruitment Instruction November 28, 2006
Recruitment Period: Dec 15 2006 - Jan 15 2007
Recruitment Report Instruction: Feb 28, 2007
1 Resume received and did the interview.
Recruitment Report sent: March 14, 2007
CERTIFIED: March 28, 2007

Going to I-140 and I-485 stage.

Application Certified & Recd. Papers

Details

State: NJ
Filed: Aug 2002 (non-RIR)
45 day letter: Dec 2005
AJB posting: late Nov 2006
Recd Recruitment instructions: early Dec 2006
Recruitment report sent: 2/16/2007
Certified online: 3/22/2007
Attorney recd. official notice from PBEC: 3/27/2007

Good luck with your applications

Regards
2002NJ-NonRIR

I suggest you call the Philadelphia BPC (484) 270-1500/Dallas BPC (214) 237-9111. Thanks DC2000 for providing the numbers.

My RI was submitted more than couple of months back; have not seen the approval yet. I thought that there is something wrong with my case. I requested my "manager" to call the above number. PBEC lady told us that there is nothing wrong with my case and, I should hear good news soon – she did not commit to any time frame. You have to ask either your employer or lawyer to call the BEC as they are not supposed to entertain calls from the beneficiary.

Seems like nothing happening lately. The wait and frustration continues...

Simply unf&@king believable

Got certified !!

I just posted a reply for NJ-TR and thought...what the hell, I would check my status at DOL website for one last time (6th since this morning) and guess what - I am certified. Wow, quite a journey.

I want to thank for the valuable suggestions and inputs everyone has provided over last year (since I joined this site). I know how painful it is to wait in this black-hole and I sincerely wish that everyone will be certified soon.

Here are my details:

Priority date: Aug 2003
State SWA: Virginia
45-day letter: Feb' 2006
Received recruitment notice: 12/04/2006
Ad placed in newspaper: 12/17/2006
Received request for final documentation: 1/22/2007
Final documentation submitted: 1/26/2007
Online certified: 3/30/2007

Congrats tb2904,
Well, almost impossible to get these Big Corporate Companies' HR/Lawyer to call up PBEC and enquire.

Got certified !!

I just posted a reply for NJ-TR and thought...what the hell, I would check my status at DOL website for one last time (6th since this morning) and guess what - I am certified. Wow, quite a journey.

I want to thank for the valuable suggestions and inputs everyone has provided over last year (since I joined this site). I know how painful it is to wait in this black-hole and I sincerely wish that everyone will be certified soon.

Here are my details:

Priority date: Aug 2003
State SWA: Virginia
45-day letter: Feb' 2006
Received recruitment notice: 12/04/2006
Ad placed in newspaper: 12/17/2006
Received request for final documentation: 1/22/2007
Final documentation submitted: 1/26/2007
Online certified: 3/30/2007

I can understand. I had same problem with my company too.

But, if you have your case number, you can ask your "manager" to call and enquire about it.

Congrats tb2904,
Well, almost impossible to get these Big Corporate Companies' HR/Lawyer to call up PBEC and enquire.

Certified

At last certified after long 6 years, online case ststaus shows certified today.
I wish that everyone gets certified soon.
Will wait to get papers in mail and file next 2 stages, hoping to get past them in a year time.
In the meantime I took Canadian permanent card to be on safe side ( extra $3000.00 and 1 trip )
All the best to everyone , this forum had been very useful and at times had given moral support .
Thanks a ton.