Non RIR Discussion Only !

Its my turn share the good news. :)
I got my Labor certified today. I just checked the jobsearch site and it still appears. My details are in my signature...

RI Insruction Next Steps.....

Lawyer called today as he received the RI. He told me it will be 3-4 months from now ( maybe 2 if really lucky ) to be done with LC altogether. I hope he is overstating as it sounds like a really long time to do recruting. Any EB3 TR out there that knows how long it will take from RI to certification?

Can any one please explain what are the steps/process involved after a recruitment instruction is received. The lawyer is not providing any details?
Do they have to advt. the job opening, or do they have to wait to hear from DBEC for aany response they get for the job posted on AJB?

Thankyou in advance.
Maverick786

Hello there,

Did you say you applied for conversion of your old case to PERM? Since you got the Recruitment Instructions now, what will happen to the PERM conversion case?

I am in the same boat, please let me know if you come across any resolution.

Thanks,
H1Babu

Yes, I had applied for conversion to PERM. There is nothing to worry about perm conversion. I am sure now we are not going to get labor clearence through perm. My best bet is non-RIR LC now. One of my friend applied for conversion in june 2006 and it is still in process. You also might have noticed in trackitt.com that all most all conversion cases are pending for very long time. In worst case one may land up in soup if perm process picks up the application and gets rejected. I wish/guess the DOL and perm processing centers may have some sort of internal coding to find at what stage is the non-RIR application, so that if the ad is released then perm process doesnt take up the case at all. Any how we have waited for so many years, lets see the out come in couple of months. Hoping for the best!

Folks,
I was informed (actually my lawyer was) by DBEC that if your newspaper ad did not include the wage, it needs to be re-advertised. So please beware. This could potentially delay your process by a couple of months. It has delayed mine.

Congrats!

Congratulations! I think you can go for concurrent 140 & 485. I wish you will get your GC very soon.

Just wanted to let you know that my LC status online shows Certified as of yesterday . After 4years and 8 months

My details:

EB2 TR CA
PD: 07/2002
Never made to regional
45-day letter : 04/2006
Replied 10 days later
RIR conversion filed on : 02/12/2007
Status changed from TR to RIR on : 02/26/2007
Online status show as certified on: 03/06/2007

Thanks for the advice, info, comments - it helped me keep my hopes alive for the past years. A few colleagues also have recieved their approvals along with mine but with PD in 2003 and 2004.

longtime_wait - over

I heard from my company immigration dept. that they received RI for around 30 cases upto May 2003 but not for my case :(

Any idea how long it take from RI to LC approval?

Anyway hopefully DBEC is moving and this is a good thing!

Job Posted on AJB

Hi,
My job was posted on AJB web site today. See below for details.
BEC: Dallas
State: TX
Case#: D-05222-XXXXX
Online Status: In Process
AJB Job Posted: 03/09/2007

BEC has changed processing type to RIR.

Thanks,
longgcwisher

Hi,
My job was posted on AJB web site today. See below for details.
BEC: Dallas
State: TX
Case#: D-05222-XXXXX
Online Status: In Process
AJB Job Posted: 03/09/2007

BEC has changed processing type to RIR.

Thanks,
longgcwisher

DId you request for RIR conversion?

RI Instructions V/S RIR conversion

Hello All,

I got an RI yesterday for my tradional LC filed on March 2003. Ironically, my lawyers were scheduled to file the RIR Conversion next week.

My lawyers are saying that it is better to go through the RI steps than RIR Conversion.

On one hand I am seeing that a lot of people's RIR conversion requests have resulted in quick approvals. On the other hand the lawyers are indicating that oncve the supervised recruitment is over the LC is a sure shot.

Any comments would be appreciated. I need to respond to these guys

---------------------------
Traditional EB2
PD : MArch 23 2003
45 Day Letter rcvd/Sent: May 2006
RI: March 8 2007

Hello All,

I got an RI yesterday for my tradional LC filed on March 2003. Ironically, my lawyers were scheduled to file the RIR Conversion next week.

My lawyers are saying that it is better to go through the RI steps than RIR Conversion.

On one hand I am seeing that a lot of people's RIR conversion requests have resulted in quick approvals. On the other hand the lawyers are indicating that oncve the supervised recruitment is over the LC is a sure shot.

Any comments would be appreciated. I need to respond to these guys

---------------------------
Traditional EB2
PD : MArch 23 2003
45 Day Letter rcvd/Sent: May 2006
RI: March 8 2007

Once RI is received, I don't think option to convert to RIR is there anymore unless the Hold Harmless email was sent in which case RiR must be filed by April 1st or Labor Certification will be considered abandoned.

Help! Missing ETA-750

Hi all!

The attorney who filed our case in the beginning got into legal trouble and is not representing us anymore (for what I know he is doing time) and we have no way of communicating with him regarding this case. We have received the RI letter and the job is posted in ajb.

The requirements that made me stand out of the crowd were 3 languages used in the workplace. In the ajb ad they only state two, english and spanish. With these two languages there are thousands of candidates in the area where I live for that job.

To ask for a correction to the ajb ad and to be able to do an accurate newspaper ad with the right requirements (and not receiving hundreds of resumes) we need a copy of the original ETA-750 form, which we don't have!!!

How do I get a copy of my eta-750?

Please help me,

Nastaran

P.D. Anyways, we do not have attorney for now, would it be wise to get one for these final steps of the LC? What should we expect to pay?

I have a question. In regards to my Non RIR labor from Dallas backlog center.

Last week we recevied recruitment instructions. Basically it stated 3 days of advertisement in local newspaper. Job posint in the company.

I also noticed that they DOL has already put a posint on Americas job bank.

So the news paper ad has the same description as the Americas job bank has. The only thing is, education requirement. On the AJB, it only say Bachelors. While the ad my company placed in the paper says bachelors in comptuer science or CIS. This case was filed in Oct 2001. I was never persoanlly involved in the filing process. The attorney has since left the firm, and not the firm does litigation stuff. The dont do immigration practice anymore.

On my ETA 750. it states, bachelors im computer. While the ad in the local newspaper states bachelors in computer science or computer infomation systems. It seems that my attorney ate sceince from the ETA form.

Do you all think that DOL will make a big deal out of this.

Appreciate your answers. Also How do I notify Dept of labor that I dont wish to continue with this firm and have them contact directlly to my company for any other issues on this case.

Thanks!

Job posted on AJB

Hello friends,
My job was posted on AJB on 02/24. Any one know how long it will take for me to get RI papers?

Thanks guys.

State: CO
PD: 04/2002.
Type : TR, EB3
45 Day - Jul,2005
Job posting: 02,2007

If there were issues, DOL would have pointed out the issues in the RI. If not, following the RI you should be fine. The education is not part of the job description in AJB. It is a separate item in both AJB and ETA-750. In AJB the education is not decipline specific, so I guess you should use the one specified in ETA-750.

I have a question. In regards to my Non RIR labor from Dallas backlog center.

Last week we recevied recruitment instructions. Basically it stated 3 days of advertisement in local newspaper. Job posint in the company.

I also noticed that they DOL has already put a posint on Americas job bank.

So the news paper ad has the same description as the Americas job bank has. The only thing is, education requirement. On the AJB, it only say Bachelors. While the ad my company placed in the paper says bachelors in comptuer science or CIS. This case was filed in Oct 2001. I was never persoanlly involved in the filing process. The attorney has since left the firm, and not the firm does litigation stuff. The dont do immigration practice anymore.

On my ETA 750. it states, bachelors im computer. While the ad in the local newspaper states bachelors in computer science or computer infomation systems. It seems that my attorney ate sceince from the ETA form.

Do you all think that DOL will make a big deal out of this.

Appreciate your answers. Also How do I notify Dept of labor that I dont wish to continue with this firm and have them contact directlly to my company for any other issues on this case.

Thanks!