Non RIR Discussion Only !

Recruitment Report Q?

Hello all,
Those who have had their Recruitment Report send to BEC, does the BEC ask for the Recruitment Report and then the company send the same or is it like wait 30 days after the end of Recruitment period and send the Recruitment Report to BEC??
Feedback appreaciated.
NJ-TR.

NJ-TR said:
Hello all,
Those who have had their Recruitment Report send to BEC, does the BEC ask for the Recruitment Report and then the company send the same or is it like wait 30 days after the end of Recruitment period and send the Recruitment Report to BEC??
Feedback appreaciated.
NJ-TR.

my recruitment period was till Jan 10th and we got the report on 27th and we submitted it back on Feb 5th...

but someone in this forum did say that his lawyer didn;t wait to get a response from BEC and replied back the recruitment summary...
check the posting in the past month in this thread.

taht would be me!

sachv_ said:
my recruitment period was till Jan 10th and we got the report on 27th and we submitted it back on Feb 5th...

but someone in this forum did say that his lawyer didn;t wait to get a response from BEC and replied back the recruitment summary...

My lawyer called the certifying officer for my case 10 days after the final ad ran in the newspaper to ask if P-BEC had rcvd any resumes.
The Officer said No and to go ahead and file the rec. report.

I guess this is possible only if NO resumes were rcvd for the job posting in the paper / AJB.

Good luck

My case was RIR and I received a NOF from DBEC last June. The rebuttal didn’t succeed and my case is in TR queue now. In order to take the opportunity of “harmless RIR conversion”, my attorney sent out “intent to convert” email on Jan 17. But we still haven’t received anything from BEC yet. We decided to go ahead with the recruitment process while waiting for the prevailing wage info from BEC . One thing that worries me most is that the approval of the conversion might never come or come very late. We might not be able to have enough time to complete the recruitment process. Does anybody have the similar case like mine?

Who gets the Resumes?

Hi all,
Thanks Sach/Barney for your replies.

Who gets the responses to the ad', is it the HR/Attorney or the BEC center?

Thanks,
NJ-TR.

sachv_ said:

My recruitment period ended Dec 30 2006 and my lawyer received instructions for submitting the report only yesterday. It has taken more than a month to receive this :mad: Thankfully there were no applicants so I think it should be straightforward.

it's interesting that you ask this ?

NJ-TR said:
Hi all,
Thanks Sach/Barney for your replies.

Who gets the responses to the ad', is it the HR/Attorney or the BEC center?

Thanks,
NJ-TR.

here's what my lawyer said in one of his emails:
'as the attorney on record I ahve not received ANY resumes' so I plan to call P-BEC.

Which he eventually did.

I all along thought the resumes get sent to PBEC as thats what the newspaper ads and AJB directed resumes to.
After teh rec. period is over any resumes that were mailed/faxed to PBEC was put together by the certifyign officer and sent to the lawyer/HR I spose for interviewing / and later preparing the rec. report.

Finally, oh my good, the prettiest sight in the world. My case states "Certified"

We have been treated so bad by the DOL - 5 years 8 months is what it took me. Finally, I am there.

Hope, the next stages go smoothly.

Best of luck to everybody waiting for the dysfunctional departments to do their stuff.

You are great!

marin_count said:
Finally, oh my good, the prettiest sight in the world. My case states "Certified"

We have been treated so bad by the DOL - 5 years 8 months is what it took me. Finally, I am there.

Hope, the next stages go smoothly.

Best of luck to everybody waiting for the dysfunctional departments to do their stuff.

This is incredibllly incredible. You deserve is and you are the winner. You can write a whole book of your waiting period and the pain. No american in the whole world would have waited that long just to get the paper being signed by DOL officers. This reminds me of the foreign discrimination among our people. Enjoy your days and take few days off. Keep it real!

vsaminat said:
My recruitment period ended Dec 30 2006 and my lawyer received instructions for submitting the report only yesterday. It has taken more than a month to receive this :mad: Thankfully there were no applicants so I think it should be straightforward.

hopefully the wait will be short for us now... :)

BarneySha said:
here's what my lawyer said in one of his emails:
'as the attorney on record I ahve not received ANY resumes' so I plan to call P-BEC.

Which he eventually did.

I all along thought the resumes get sent to PBEC as thats what the newspaper ads and AJB directed resumes to.
After teh rec. period is over any resumes that were mailed/faxed to PBEC was put together by the certifyign officer and sent to the lawyer/HR I spose for interviewing / and later preparing the rec. report.

In my case the Lawyers got response from BEC stating no applicatnts applied for the job...once they get the letter and no one has applied, its pretty straight forward and quick...my lawyers took 1 week to do this ....it could have been done in a day.

how come my TR case is showing up as RIR?

I never requested RIR conversion, but for the last few days my Dallas BEC case is showing Processing Type as RIR at http://pds.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm. It used to show TR (correctly) before. Case was filed TR from the beginning. My PD is Feb 2003, recruitment was done in end 2004 or early 2005 per instructions of state SWA. (No applications recieved). Not sure if case ever went to regional or state SWA sent directly to BEC.

What is the reason it shows as RIR now? Is this just a screwup by the website? Should I be concerned?

Good News

Finally - it's my turn to share the good news -
I just applied for my 11 th year H1 extension
I logged to the web site and saw my LC application certified

PD Dec 2002
EB2 TR - NON-RIR from AZ
45 day letter received and responded in june 2005
Recruitment completed in 2003 before it was sent to SFO
It was sent to Dallas BRC in 2005
Certified - 02/07/2007

Any idea how long it will dallas take to send the original certification papers to the attorney

Good bless - and Good luck to all

Thanks
Terminator

Permament wait

hi
Don't worry - you are close -
The same thing happened to my case - It was non-rir, recruitment completed. it changed to RIR last week and i saw it certified today

Good luck

terminator2004 said:
hi
Don't worry - you are close -
The same thing happened to my case - It was non-rir, recruitment completed. it changed to RIR last week and i saw it certified today

Good luck

Congratulations to all!!!
The only remark I have that all action is happening in the DBEC. The Philly is either closed, paralized, slepping or retarded. Any ideas?

NOF received, seek advice

Friends, my lawyer got a Notice Of Findings from DBEC regarding my LC, the main point is like this:

Clarifications of the other requirements for the position as outlined below.

We have requested in addition to a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field:
"Knowledge of 1. Algorithms; 2. C/C++; 3. Java; 4. NT & Unix environments; 5. Oracle; 6. DB2; 7. JDBC"

(It's a bit confusing here, I believe the above 'We' means my company)

Lawyer's view:

The Labor Department indicates that such requirements must be in measurable terms and that the way we have described these requirements is too subjective. In other words, an individual with prior experience could use that experience to show the requirements.... Any additional ideas on how we can describe these requirements "in measurable terms" would be helpful. This is a new issue which I have not previously seen before on cases filed in certain other jurisdictions. In appears that the Backlog Elimination Center has decided to accept the more restrictive approach.

I got a Master degree in Computer Science in 2000 here but my bachelor degree was in civil engineering long time ago. The company made it clear that my position did not require a Master degree when I was hired.

It does look to me like my company needs to specify how many years of experience needed for each of the requirements mentioned above. I'll be very appreciative for any input regarding appropriate response to this NOF.

pd june / july 2001 TR (remanded from RIR) in Dallas approvals ?

Hi,
Has there been any approvals recently in Jan or Feb for such cases ? rir conversions were also filed one year back. Does anyone know about such case approvals ???

so_depressed said:
Friends, my lawyer got a Notice Of Findings from DBEC regarding my LC, the main point is like this:
so_depressed, Dude sorry for the NOF. But basically what you have to do is justify that this expertise are required to do your Job. Now you can justify this by providing client requirements, where clients request that they need consultants with specific requirements. This is just from my readings from previous postings on forums, your attorney should be in a better position to reply this. Hope this helps and you get out of this hole soon.

Thanks a lot for your input. I could and should mention the requirement of this particular product that I have been working on since I was hired as part of the response.

epidural said:
so_depressed, Dude sorry for the NOF. But basically what you have to do is justify that this expertise are required to do your Job. Now you can justify this by providing client requirements, where clients request that they need consultants with specific requirements. This is just from my readings from previous postings on forums, your attorney should be in a better position to reply this. Hope this helps and you get out of this hole soon.

I am expecting a NOF too. One of our job requirements seems overly restrictive. My questions are:

(1) If DBEC sends a NOF, do they post the ads on AJB anyway, or they have to wait until the NOF is resolved?
(2) If the NOF says the requirement is overly restrictive, are we allowed to delete that requirement in order to satisfy the NOF?
(3) Is it a good idea to prove business necessity? Will that cause too much delay?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Last edited by a moderator: