Non RIR Discussion Only !

Finally got my labor after long wait for 5 years . My labor has been approved...
P-05118* , It was TR case .

Case PD : April 24,2002
State :NJ
Ad in AJB in mid decmeber...Recruitment report filed last week...Online case status shows approved today .

Does anyone know long it will be before we get my official labor cert papers?

I don't think that it makes any difference. My case has been In Process for a long time. It is now RIR. Then 2 days ago it changed to Data Review. yesterday it changed back to In Process. I don't think that it really means anything.

jay1971 said:
Hi,

Any idea how can I move my case from "data review" to "in process". My PD is 7/2001 and it shows up as TR. If it remains in "data review", I believe it will be at the bottom of the trash bin.

Thanks
jay

Mine used to be "in process" till around 2 months ago when it changed to "data review". It has remained there since then.

bpc2001 said:
I don't think that it makes any difference. My case has been In Process for a long time. It is now RIR. Then 2 days ago it changed to Data Review. yesterday it changed back to In Process. I don't think that it really means anything.

bantoo05 said:
Finally got my labor after long wait for 5 years . My labor has been approved...
P-05118* , It was TR case .

Case PD : April 24,2002
State :NJ
Ad in AJB in mid decmeber...Recruitment report filed last week...Online case status shows approved today .

Does anyone know long it will be before we get my official labor cert papers?

bantoo05, CONGRATULATIONS! what date exactly was your report filed? Mine was filed last week too on the 24th.

Congrats

CONGRATS to epidural and NTom and all others whose day was made today. Hoping mine would come soon. Filed the report last week.

recruitment notice

Hello, I don't know if anybody here are in a similar situation as I am.

My company filed TR(EB3) for one of my coworker and I back in May 2002. In 2006, both of us asked the company to file PERM(EB3) for us since there is no progress at all with the TR. We got PERM approved in Sep 2006. Just recently, the company filed I140 for us using premium processing based on perm. Last month, my coworker got recruitment notice from BEC under TR, and the company refused to do it stating that they are worried that some qualified US citizens might apply and the TR won't succeed and that might even affect the new PERM. Since my coworker is already in the 6th year of H1B, so they don't want her out of status because of this.

Is this a valid concern? I haven't got my recruitment notice yet, and I need to persuade company to do that for me. My H1B expires at the end of 12/31/2007. I personally think the old case and the new case are independent, that is what the lawyer told us before, the perm is not a conversion, it is a new PERM. Even though there might be qualified people applying, that will just affect the old case, the new perm shouldn't get affected and therefore the 3yr extension beyond 6 years should still be valid.

But I am not a lawyer and they just keep saying that with PERM, there is no risk, it JUST take longer. But Gosh, if we only go with PERM, i really don't know how many years it will take to get GC, 10 more years??? I have already waited 6 years, cant' do that any more....

Any suggestions on this?? Did anyone's labor cert got rejected because of recruitment process? Who have faced the similar situation before?? Is there any lawyer you guys can recommend from a big law firm so his or her words might mean something to them....I am frustrated. I read an old post mentioning littlers firm but it seems only represent corporate clients...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Your HR is giving you BS! They just want you stuck there as long as possible.

2007forward said:
Hello, I don't know if anybody here are in a similar situation as I am.

My company filed TR(EB3) for one of my coworker and I back in May 2002. In 2006, both of us asked the company to file PERM(EB3) for us since there is no progress at all with the TR. We got PERM approved in Sep 2006. Just recently, the company filed I140 for us using premium processing based on perm. Last month, my coworker got recruitment notice from BEC under TR, and the company refused to do it stating that they are worried that some qualified US citizens might apply and the TR won't succeed and that might even affect the new PERM. Since my coworker is already in the 6th year of H1B, so they don't want her out of status because of this.

Is this a valid concern? I haven't got my recruitment notice yet, and I need to persuade company to do that for me. My H1B expires at the end of 12/31/2007. I personally think the old case and the new case are independent, that is what the lawyer told us before, the perm is not a conversion, it is a new PERM. Even though there might be qualified people applying, that will just affect the old case, the new perm shouldn't get affected and therefore the 3yr extension beyond 6 years should still be valid.

But I am not a lawyer and they just keep saying that with PERM, there is no risk, it JUST take longer. But Gosh, if we only go with PERM, i really don't know how many years it will take to get GC, 10 more years??? I have already waited 6 years, cant' do that any more....

Any suggestions on this?? Did anyone's labor cert got rejected because of recruitment process? Who have faced the similar situation before?? Is there any lawyer you guys can recommend from a big law firm so his or her words might mean something to them....I am frustrated. I read an old post mentioning littlers firm but it seems only represent corporate clients...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

My company is running Ads for RIR conversion and soon the interview process will begin. Can someone explain the format of Recruitment Report.

Is it just going to be a paper with candidates information and remarks from the interviewer? What details of candidates would we have to provide to BEC? Any info would be helpful!!

Good question. Mine is the same situation and I am also interested to know what exactly goes into the recruitment report. Let me know if you get an answer.

GCkiTalash said:
My company is running Ads for RIR conversion and soon the interview process will begin. Can someone explain the format of Recruitment Report.

Is it just going to be a paper with candidates information and remarks from the interviewer? What details of candidates would we have to provide to BEC? Any info would be helpful!!

Just a thought

It seems that DBEC posts several hundred of ads in early morning every day. That means it is done automatically by the computer. So I am pretty sure they will be able to meet their deadline of sending out RI by April. Though this could be my wishful thinking :)

It's actually a reasonable thought. I've noticed this pattern too since Jan.26. Before the number of ads would increase during the day but now it's that many through the whole day.

One puzzling thing is that we again see so many 'cook' jobs with very few IT jobs. It will be really a pity if they still have lots of cases before April 30, 2001

bluecrab said:
It seems that DBEC posts several hundred of ads in early morning every day. That means it is done automatically by the computer. So I am pretty sure they will be able to meet their deadline of sending out RI by April. Though this could be my wishful thinking :)

RIR to TR

so_depressed said:
It seems to me that BECs are treating the ones that have finished recruitment as RIR cases now.[/QUOTE

We received a letter today stating that RIR is denied because recruitment efforts were made more than 6 months prior to filing labor application filing. The application is being processed as TR and we will be contacted with instructions pertaining to post-application recruitment.

PD-April 2004

Anyone from UTAH?

Folks, are there anyone from UTAH receive Recruitment Instructions recently? Or you heard about that? Specifying PD would be very helpful. Thanks.

Now this seems 'more true' because hundreds of ads were posted on both Saturday and Sunday. No one would believe those guys will work in weekends like a lot of us do.

bluecrab said:

hello everyone,

i got RI's on october 26, 06 of last year, but due to error in
my lawyer's address, it was never recieved.

so my lawyer sended a fax on Jan 30, 07, and we still haven't heard from the PBEC yet.

does anyone know how long it takes for PBEC to reply back to a fax or time frame for any reply what so ever?...

thank you in advance for the insights.

DOL conformed Sep 2007 Deadline

Looks like our problems will be over by Sep 2007. Here is the extract of Jan25th DOL press release I found in AILA-

Backlog Reduction
Approximately 362,000 unprocessed Permanent Labor Certification cases were stacked up awaiting determinations under the previous regulation. ETA established two Backlog Processing Centers, one each in Dallas and Philadelphia, with the sole purpose of eliminating the backlog. As of January 25,2007, the backlog has been reduced 67 percent and is on track to be eliminated by September 30,2007.

However that means they still have about 119460 cases among both the BECs.

asdcrajnet said:
Looks like our problems will be over by Sep 2007. Here is the extract of Jan25th DOL press release I found in AILA-

Backlog Reduction
Approximately 362,000 unprocessed Permanent Labor Certification cases were stacked up awaiting determinations under the previous regulation. ETA established two Backlog Processing Centers, one each in Dallas and Philadelphia, with the sole purpose of eliminating the backlog. As of January 25,2007, the backlog has been reduced 67 percent and is on track to be eliminated by September 30,2007.

DBEC found 'treasure'?

The fact that DBEC has been posting 'cook', 'senior cutter' type jobs but few IT jobs since Jan.26 makes me feel they must have found boxes of lost 245i 'treasure' in some corners .