Non RIR Discussion Only !

That seems the case unless you have your recruitment done before went to BEC. Even for those that have done recruitment, the jobs got posted also. (At least true for my 3 colleagues, they've done recruitment in 2002, sent to DBEC, saw posts on AJB in Nov. and Dec., and got certified in Jan. without doing anything.)

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
hello everyone,
i've noticed that lots of people jobs are being posted on AJB. so I was looking for fine as well. But i'm a little confused, does everyone whose cases are NON-RIR or TR get their jobs posted on AJB and then recieve Recruitment instructions?...Can someone please shed some light on this?...thank you.

alright.

so_depressed said:
That seems the case unless you have your recruitment done before went to BEC. Even for those that have done recruitment, the jobs got posted also. (At least true for my 3 colleagues, they've done recruitment in 2002, sent to DBEC, saw posts on AJB in Nov. and Dec., and got certified in Jan. without doing anything.)

thanks for replying.

Can you tell me how to check job ads? Thanks.

so_depressed said:
What a joke! After one hour I came back to check AJB up again, whole a lot of the posted jobs change their date from '01/26/07' to some earlier dates!!! Heck. Now I'm seeing only 729 ads with '01/26/07' date.

After all, still feel good to see they finally picked up their jobs for our poor TR guys.

:D

so_depressed said:
T1000, so you have been TR since the beginning, received recuitment instruction at about early Dec and now certified? Please confirm this if you still read this thread. Congratulations.

That is correct.

Congratulations !!!

I think you are the first guy in this forum who got certified after sending the recruitment report to BEC.

I am presuming that you don't know when your company sent the recruitment report to BEC.

T1000 said:
That is correct.

Funny but don't care too much now. Tonight it 'flips back' to 1460 ads with date '01/26/07'. Can't tell what these guys are doing. Let's see what will happen tomorrow in this CIRCUS.

so_depressed said:
What a joke! After one hour I came back to check AJB up again, whole a lot of the posted jobs change their date from '01/26/07' to some earlier dates!!! Heck. Now I'm seeing only 729 ads with '01/26/07' date.

After all, still feel good to see they finally picked up their jobs for our poor TR guys.

:D
:) :)

T1000

T1000 said:
My labor status shows approved.

Priority Date: April 2002
State: NY
Type: Traditional - EB3
45 day letter: 10/2005

Recruiting Instructions: I have no idea. My company never tells me details like that. But I heard it was around beginning of december. When I talked to the immigration co-ordinator, she told me recruiting is already done..

Labor Status: Certified as of Jan 25.

Not sure when the papers are going to arrive. A friend of mine from Atlanta got his papers after 2 weeks from the day of the status change in the online system.
My wife told me one of her co-wokers also got the labor certfied today. Not sure what type of application it was.

Good Luck to all of you. Hopefully good news is not far away. Hang in there.

Congrats :) This gives us some hope. Would it be possible for u to find out fm ur lawyers when exactly they completed the ads and sent the Recruitment Report back to BEC? Tht info will be really useful for all of us waiting here in this forum........

Thanks,

NTom

Hey, how do u check it ?

so_depressed said:
Funny but don't care too much now. Tonight it 'flips back' to 1460 ads with date '01/26/07'. Can't tell what these guys are doing. Let's see what will happen tomorrow in this CIRCUS.

:) :)

Barney... If it consoles you.. my 7th year ext was filed after 10 days of my 6th yr expiry date. It got approved and now i am about to file my 9th extension.

BarneySha said:
I know this isn't the right form but I need to vent !

My 6yr on H1 visa expires TODAY Jan 24, 2007!
I have been emailign him and my HR since Oct 2006 to do the 7th yr extension. Since I did NOT hear a word from them I assumed they did it...
and yesterdasy I sent a repeat email to my frikkin lawyer asking to update me on my H1 extension status...call it 6ht sense but its funny I chose yesterday to do it!
hardly 5 mins after I email my lawyer I get a call from who else but 'GOD' himself saying 'oh crap we havent filed your 7th yr extension and it expires tmrw'..
so when I tell him you moron I sent you 10 emails regarding this..why did u ignore it so long???
So he cooly replies saying 'oh it slipped thru the cracks!!!!' anyways send me this this this docs RITE NOW!

i almsot died of a heart attack...no kidding. my chest really hurt!
so long story short, he rushed in the application n Fedexed it yesterday to VSC and was nice enough to keep me posted and also share the tracking number.

It's yet to be delivered.

so my ? to all you gurus...
am I safe? my visa expires TODAY Jan 24th 2007. Is it Ok for the application for 7th yr extension to reach VSC today?

appreciate your responses.

Few cases for IT in AJB posts

Don't know how to make sense out of it but very few job posts are for IT jobs for 01/26 and today's posts. It's a bit depressing. Almost looks like there are still a lot of 245i cases from CA etc. are out there.

No Jobs inr esp to the ads posted

So my Lawyer called the officer in charge of my case (someone called 'William' ) and asked him if he rcvd any resumes last wed (1 week after end of rec. period).
The answer he got was 'No' and my laywer asked if he can file the rec. report..so he was given the go ahead to do it.

I wasn't aware that the lawyer can call n talk to the officer in charge of our cases.
Guys..pls ask your lawyer to do this if your recruitment period is over. Don't sit and wait for the instructions to file the rec. report.

Anyways my rec. report went out today...Lawyer thinks it will take 1 - 2 weeks from now to get adjudicated.ie if the reprot finds it's way to the officer ASAP

BarneySha said:
So my Lawyer called the officer in charge of my case (someone called 'William' ) and asked him if he rcvd any resumes last wed (1 week after end of rec. period).
The answer he got was 'No' and my laywer asked if he can file the rec. report..so he was given the go ahead to do it.

I wasn't aware that the lawyer can call n talk to the officer in charge of our cases.
Guys..pls ask your lawyer to do this if your recruitment period is over. Don't sit and wait for the instructions to file the rec. report.

Anyways my rec. report went out today...Lawyer thinks it will take 1 - 2 weeks from now to get adjudicated.ie if the reprot finds it's way to the officer ASAP

Barney,

Since you are almost there with the LC process and i am hoping that mine should follow soon.

SJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Ajb

so_depressed said:
Don't know how to make sense out of it but very few job posts are for IT jobs for 01/26 and today's posts. It's a bit depressing. Almost looks like there are still a lot of 245i cases from CA etc. are out there.

so_deprssed,

How do you tell which jobs are posted on AJB by DEC and which jobs are just by real hirers?

BTW, don't be so depressed. We'll get there eventually.

You can refer to my earlier post about this 'Teamexceed' user on AJB (if in case you don't know that's the nickname used by DBEC). On the other hand, you sure know a post is from one of the darn centers if it contains a reference number like 05139-9293, or better, with a D- or P- at the beginning.

Froo said:
so_deprssed,

How do you tell which jobs are posted on AJB by DEC and which jobs are just by real hirers?

BTW, don't be so depressed. We'll get there eventually.

so_depressed said:
You can refer to my earlier post about this 'Teamexceed' user on AJB (if in case you don't know that's the nickname used by DBEC). On the other hand, you sure know a post is from one of the darn centers if it contains a reference number like 05139-9293, or better, with a D- or P- at the beginning.
Oh no! What the hell is going on? Just checked posts by Teamexceed for today: cook, sewing machine operator, store assistant, butcher, roofer ... Don't tell me the DBEC is still posting April 2001 jobs?

Froo said:
Oh no! What the hell is going on? Just checked posts by Teamexceed for today: cook, sewing machine operator, store assistant, butcher, roofer ... Don't tell me the DBEC is still posting April 2001 jobs?

Why would you be surprised??? :confused:

We did see a lot of IT jobs got posted back in Nov. and Dec. so it is quite possible that DBEC was not posting ads strictly in the PD order (MA has a some TR cases in 2003 certified). No matter what there won't be too many 245i cases out there now because the total of TR cases are less than 50,000.

Froo said: