Non RIR Discussion Only !

Recruitment report instructions received.

Folks as per an email from my lawyer, we received recruitment report instructions and they have started working on it. PBEC did not receive any response for the AD we had put in the papers, so basically no interview sham. My lawyer has sent a copy of the instructions thru snail mail. Will update you all as soon as i get it. My recruitment period ended 12/20.

A guess

Folks, since they pronounced this Jan.20 no harm RIR conversion date and no ads have been posted for almost 2 weeks, I'm guessing they just assume every TR would like to ask for conversion and stop posting any ads until that stupid date. Let's see.

epidural said:
Folks as per an email from my lawyer, we received recruitment report instructions and they have started working on it. PBEC did not receive any response for the AD we had put in the papers, so basically no interview sham. My lawyer has sent a copy of the instructions thru snail mail. Will update you all as soon as i get it. My recruitment period ended 12/20.

epidural,

When did you receive your recruitment instruction?

Hi All

My case is from MA
Labor filed - May 2003.
My ETA number -- P-05172-XXXXX
Received 45 days letter in Feb 2006
Current status - IN PROCESS
Donot see my job posting in AJB as of today.

I guess PBEC does not follow any sequence. My friend in same company has seen his job in AJB but his labor was applied a month after mine. I have asked my lawyer to see if they can file it in EB2-RIR.

QUESTION: If my company converts my current case from EB3-NonRIR to EB2-RIR and for some reason EB2-RIR does not go thru..Will my case go back into EB3-NONRIR queue with same priority date?

IF anyone can advice it will be of great help

so_depressed said:
Folks, since they pronounced this Jan.20 no harm RIR conversion date and no ads have been posted for almost 2 weeks, I'm guessing they just assume every TR would like to ask for conversion and stop posting any ads until that stupid date. Let's see.
------

I will be surprised but those stupid fools might just do that. If they could just declare the times they are processing and how they are going to process all cases in next 9 months, it would make it easier for all of us to take a decision.
If they were to meet Sep 2007 deadline for 2001-2002 cases it does not make much sense, we already waited 5-6 years, another couple of months won't make much difference.
A little more communication about their plan and current processing would help a lot but can we expect anything from such inept administration.

According to their policy you could certainly argue you should be able to keep your EB3 NON_RIR PD because they said if the conversion is denied you get that, but it does not mention this 'EB3 to EB2' thing if I remember correctly. So what can you possibly do in case they decide 'no, you don't get keep your PD because you asked for EB2'?
I won't bother to convert at all if I were you. At least not go EB2 if not check with them first.

pawan123 said:
My case is from MA
Labor filed - May 2003.
My ETA number -- P-05172-XXXXX
Received 45 days letter in Feb 2006
Current status - IN PROCESS
Donot see my job posting in AJB as of today.

I guess PBEC does not follow any sequence. My friend in same company has seen his job in AJB but his labor was applied a month after mine. I have asked my lawyer to see if they can file it in EB2-RIR.

QUESTION: If my company converts my current case from EB3-NonRIR to EB2-RIR and for some reason EB2-RIR does not go thru..Will my case go back into EB3-NONRIR queue with same priority date?

IF anyone can advice it will be of great help

so_depressed said:
According to their policy you could certainly argue you should be able to keep your EB3 NON_RIR PD because they said if the conversion is denied you get that, but it does not mention this 'EB3 to EB2' thing if I remember correctly. So what can you possibly do in case they decide 'no, you don't get keep your PD because you asked for EB2'?
I won't bother to convert at all if I were you. At least not go EB2 if not check with them first.
----
I think Eb2 does not even matter at this time, you keep it as EB3 and once your labor gets approved you can file for 140-485 as Eb2. Of course the requirements in labor application have to match that of an Eb2 app.
I think if you amend the labor application and try to change the requirements you will loose the PD.

Thank you..
What you are saying is that it we can convert from NON-RIR to RIR but not from EB3 to EB2. This is suprising...we can file in RIR but category never changes to EB2.

pawan123 said:
Thank you..
What you are saying is that it we can convert from NON-RIR to RIR but not from EB3 to EB2. This is suprising...we can file in RIR but category never changes to EB2.
----
yes, you can change to Eb2 when u file for 140, but your requirements have to meet Eb2 requirements.

I don't know enough about this but Days_go_by seems right. One true story I have is that two of my friends (hired by the same company, using the same atterney, doing everything at the same time, etc.) applied PERM for their pending RIR LC. Both PERM were approved, but one lost his PD and the other got keep it. Just one more example of how messy it can go within DOL.

Days_go_by said:
----
I think Eb2 does not even matter at this time, you keep it as EB3 and once your labor gets approved you can file for 140-485 as Eb2. Of course the requirements in labor application have to match that of an Eb2 app.
I think if you amend the labor application and try to change the requirements you will loose the PD.

pawan123 said:
Thank you..

BEC processes in two different queues: RIR and Traditional(TR). EB category does not matter in the LC stage, but it will be important for subsequent stages. This is determined by the job requirement and I don't think, you can change this for an existing case. Of course, RIR cases ensure faster processing. Please read the RIR Conversion FAQ for details.

Case still in "data review"

Hi,

Is there anyone else whose case is still in "data review". My PD is 7/2001 and pending in DBEC.

Thanks

To : jay1971

Since when is your case in data review ?
I have a case with PD 06/01 .. but is in "In Process" ever since ..
RIR conversion was filed for this case ..

jay1971 said:
Hi,

Is there anyone else whose case is still in "data review". My PD is 7/2001 and pending in DBEC.

Thanks

Data Review

Hi JAy1971,

Hi,

Thanks

My case is in Data Review too and my PD is 11/01.

Thanks,

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
i'm still here from 2001. :(
waiting for 5 years and 2 months. :mad:
can you believe it? :eek:
lets see how long they'll make me suffer. :mad:
That's brutal... and plenty of have to go through.
But... at least it means that you have an early PD... ASA you get your LC... GC will not be all that far.

I feel your pain, I have been waiting 5 years and 7 months.

How much worse can a government department be - even third world countries Govt offices work better than the dysfunctional DOL.

isingh786 said:
Hi JAy1971,

Hi,

Thanks

My case is in Data Review too and my PD is 11/01.

Thanks,

My NJ case PD 07/03, 05143-xxxxx is still in DATA REVIEW