Non RIR Discussion Only !

vsaminat said:
Even though I saw my job posted on AJB ( I am 100% positive it was my job that was posted ), I still haven't heard from my lawyer about recruitment instructions even though the job was posted on AJB on Nov 18. Do they actually send the RI after posting the job for 30 days or do they send the RI at the same time they post the job on AJB. I am not sure about the actual details of the TR recruitment process. Any info would be appreciated.
vsaminat, They post the job on AJB and send the RI's to the lawyer. So if you say they posted it on 18th, then they will add 15 days to that and send instructions to lawyer to advt in the time frame of 30 days (3rd or 4th Dec to Jan 3rd). After that 30 days they will send any resumes they received to lawyer in 2 weeks time. Then the lawyer has to send back the recruitment report. U should hear from your lawyer soon ( depending how prompt he is and given the thanksgiving holiday). So it is a minimum 2 months process. Anyways good luck and keep us posted.

CALIHONEB said:
Hi,
I asked my Attroneys to convert my EB3 TR case RIR case, and I was wondering if anybody actually converted their EB3 TR to RIR and got any acknowledgement from BEC? Also if anybody has any guesstimates on how long the whole process takes I would appreciate it.

Cheers

I'm also in the process of converting from Non-RIR to RIR. My Lawyer is saying "If an employer has any layoffs 6 months prior to the filing of the labor certification, those individuals must be considered for any labor certification positions". Is this correct? Do they have to review those individuals as well?

Certified.

Friends
I was an silent observer of this thread.
After long wait (3 years 8 months) now it is my turn ...!
My online status changed to CERTIFIED on Friday.

Good Luck to you all.
My details as in signature.

Ravi
Case No. : D -05174-83***
Case type : TR (refiled in PERM keeping old priority date on June 2006).
Labor Approval : Online Status CERTIFIED (11/18/06)
Priority date: 20th march 2003.
Original case: SFO.

epidural said:
vsaminat, They post the job on AJB and send the RI's to the lawyer. So if you say they posted it on 18th, then they will add 15 days to that and send instructions to lawyer to advt in the time frame of 30 days (3rd or 4th Dec to Jan 3rd). After that 30 days they will send any resumes they received to lawyer in 2 weeks time. Then the lawyer has to send back the recruitment report. U should hear from your lawyer soon ( depending how prompt he is and given the thanksgiving holiday). So it is a minimum 2 months process. Anyways good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks epidural. I will definitely keep everyone posted of anything that comes up.

Vincent.

Congratulations

You did it! "Fortune favors the brave" you proved it! I was too scared to do any changes because of pending LC and you converted to perm and got it certified in no time! I am happy for you.

Cheers

ravishankar_b said:
Friends
I was an silent observer of this thread.
After long wait (3 years 8 months) now it is my turn ...!
My online status changed to CERTIFIED on Friday.

Good Luck to you all.
My details as in signature.

Ravi
Case No. : D -05174-83***
Case type : TR (refiled in PERM keeping old priority date on June 2006).
Labor Approval : Online Status CERTIFIED (11/18/06)
Priority date: 20th march 2003.
Original case: SFO.

IT looks like there is no use of just fighting on retrogression alone you have to raise the voice against FBI Name check delays which is also taking 1 - 3 years.

Issues:
a) Labor BEC - 3 years
b) I 140 - 2 weeks to 1 year
c) Retrogression - Typically will stop you and you might have to wait for 6 months to 3 years
d) New thing - FBI Name check (under 485) is taking around 1 - 3 years

Hope They Keep Working This Way

It seems that DBEC is posting ads on AJB during weekend also. I noticed a couple dozen posted last weekend. Today (25th) it has posted 250 ads so far. Hopefully this is another indication that they really want to finish this darn thing by September.

That is scary

What is the process they follow to do FBI name check. What could be the reason for that long processing time?
support.gc said:
IT looks like there is no use of just fighting on retrogression alone you have to raise the voice against FBI Name check delays which is also taking 1 - 3 years.

Issues:
a) Labor BEC - 3 years
b) I 140 - 2 weeks to 1 year
c) Retrogression - Typically will stop you and you might have to wait for 6 months to 3 years
d) New thing - FBI Name check (under 485) is taking around 1 - 3 years

You can check the i-485 forum for this matter. A lot of people are suffering because of the name check issues.

nohope_for_lc said:
What is the process they follow to do FBI name check. What could be the reason for that long processing time?

Lawyer saying LC application is likely to be rejected

Hi All,

Priority date: Oct 2002
State : New York
Online status : IN PROCESS
45-day letter replied: Oct 2005
Non RIR, EB3

My company got recently acquired and have recently received letter form BRC to start the recruiting process (give ads in newpapers,etc). The lawyers have come back to me saying that my case is likely to get rejected and so they don't want to bear the costs for further processing. Instead they are asking me to transfer to a PERM case which means I lose my priority date. And the reason for a likely rejection according to them is that my case was applied in 2002 as a java developer for which now they are lot of people in the market and hence it will difficult to prove my case. Can I believe them, are there any alternatives ?
Any thoughts/help will be much appreciated ?

Interesting. Mine was filed as Java developer in April. 2002 also. No matter what, why can't your lawer wait until it is really rejected? You are paying the cost anyway. I don't believe what they said. There might be some jave developers out there but most of them are foreigners too!!! I would insist to continue until it really gets rejected. Because PD is so important it's worth a lot more than the cost to continue.

admad said:
Hi All,

Non RIR, EB3

My company got recently acquired and have recently received letter form BRC to start the recruiting process (give ads in newpapers,etc). The lawyers have come back to me saying that my case is likely to get rejected and so they don't want to bear the costs for further processing. Instead they are asking me to transfer to a PERM case which means I lose my priority date. And the reason for a likely rejection according to them is that my case was applied in 2002 as a java developer for which now they are lot of people in the market and hence it will difficult to prove my case. Can I believe them, are there any alternatives ?

All java developers are waitting for LC as well

Don't believe them.Tell your lawyer to finish recruitment process. Your company is bearing the cost. Not the lawyer. If cost is a problem propose them to bear the cost.It doesn't make sence to me what he/they told you. If he suggsted to apply under PERM tell him to port your old priority date. You can do that. I am not sure about the process. You can search diffrent threads.If you are not from india you can apply PERM with EB2 category.

admad said:
Hi All,

Non RIR, EB3

Go ahead to post your job as RI instructed

Admad,

It does not make sense to go with a PERM but not posting your job through TR. I will not believe your lawyer's opinion. PERM has to go through job posting as well. IMHO, go ahead and post your ad by the instructions from BEC, and keep your PD. If you get rejected, at least you tried to keep your PD.

admad said:
Hi All,

Non RIR, EB3

Thanks for your suggestions everybody.

Actually they are ready to keep the traditionally processing continued along with the PERM provided I bear the costs for the traditonal processing as opposed to the company.

How can we retain the old priority date in PERM ?

so_depressed said:
Interesting. Mine was filed as Java developer in April. 2002 also. No matter what, why can't your lawer wait until it is really rejected? You are paying the cost anyway. I don't believe what they said. There might be some jave developers out there but most of them are foreigners too!!! I would insist to continue until it really gets rejected. Because PD is so important it's worth a lot more than the cost to continue.

RI received

I just got a email from my lawyer saying they received RI for my case yesterday. The lawyer didn;t provide me with any details since I the beneficiary should not be involved in any shape or form in the recruitment process....
so guys I think they issuing RI's pretty fast...

sachv_ said:
I just got a email from my lawyer saying they received RI for my case yesterday. The lawyer didn;t provide me with any details since I the beneficiary should not be involved in any shape or form in the recruitment process....

Congrats!
Still nothing on my side.... :confused: :mad: :confused:

vexlak said:
Congrats!
Still nothing on my side.... :confused: :mad: :confused:

I feel kinda guilty that there are people still waiting from 2001 and 2002.... I hope they send out RI to everybody within the next month....

in the mean time try to search for your job being posted on ajb.org...mine was posted on Nov 24th...

Did you get a chance to check your case on ajb?

Good, one step at a time :)

Did you get a chance to check your case number in AJB? How long has it been advertised on AJB for?

sachv_ said:

sachv_ said:
I feel kinda guilty that there are people still waiting from 2001 and 2002.... I hope they send out RI to everybody within the next month....

in the mean time try to search for your job being posted on ajb.org...mine was posted on Nov 24th...
sachv_, i should have read your other post first, sorry ....

Do they do FBI name check after approving EAD?

Sorry to ask this question in this forum. I didn't find this answer anywhere.

coolmaro said:
You can check the i-485 forum for this matter. A lot of people are suffering because of the name check issues.