Non RIR Discussion Only !

This is indeed weird. Have you seen the letter by your very own eyes? It would help if you could post the letter content (shielding sensitive info) here.

color06 said:
I am new to this forum
but to explain my case
i am Eb2 filed labor in Jan 2003 as Non RIR
got letter from backlog center asking for doing it RIR
do you think it is good idea?
they letter says i will not loose priorty
any experience????
apprreciate answers!!

It's absolutely a lie to say 245(i) does not affect later TRs. How dare your lawer lies like that?

nohope_for_lc said:
There are 57 Jobs from my state in AJB site. Probably he is handling some of it. He was saying 245(i) shouldn't affect our cases.

I don't know what to think. My company is laying off. Can anyone tell me what are my options if I get laid off after waitting 3+ years for LC? I am in 7th year H1B extension.

I will appreciate if you can kindly comment on this!

My EB3/NON-RIR/04-2002 is pending in DBEC. It was a RIR case, all recruitment was done properly. Except there was NOF on my case which was responded and DOL was satisfied with that. Only problem was that it reached DOL one day late after the deadline.

My question is do I have to go thru the advertisement process again? Can I request to convert it back to RIR?

Will appreciate your comments

How much time after filing conversion request ?

Does anyone know once you file RIR conversion request, how much time it'll take to put the case in RIR queue ?

Also, how do we search for jobs in AJB ?

PD: July 2001, originaly filed in RIR, remanded to non-RIR in 2003.

Show your lawer this link and ask him (her) why the hell 245(i) does not affect TRs:

10/26/2006: BEC Traditional Labor Certification Processing Time to Remain April 2001 for Sometime to Come

* AILA has reported that the BECs are still processing April 2001 traditional cases for the traditional case track and it is not expected to move ahead for sometime due to the huge number of 245(i) cases which were filed in April 2001.

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

so_depressed said:
It's absolutely a lie to say 245(i) does not affect later TRs. How dare your lawer lies like that?

Attornies are liar.

so_depressed said:
Show your lawer this link and ask him (her) why the hell 245(i) does not affect TRs:

10/26/2006: BEC Traditional Labor Certification Processing Time to Remain April 2001 for Sometime to Come

* AILA has reported that the BECs are still processing April 2001 traditional cases for the traditional case track and it is not expected to move ahead for sometime due to the huge number of 245(i) cases which were filed in April 2001.

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

They sell their lie for living. He told me this after I sent him that link. I don't know why he said that. He told me he got some RI for cases with PD 2005.
He doesn't want to share any more information with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
nohope_for_lc,
Your lawyer is saying the truth when he says 245(i) should not affect you case. It should not affect your case. As per your signature your case is from MA and i think MA was processing 10/10/03 cases before landing into PBEC , so your state has already cleared the April 2001 hump and this is one darn example of NO FIFO :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

nohope_for_lc said:
There are 57 Jobs from my state in AJB site. Probably he is handling some of it. He was saying 245(i) shouldn't affect our cases.

I don't know what to think. My company is laying off. Can anyone tell me what are my options if I get laid off after waitting 3+ years for LC? I am in 7th year H1B extension.

I am not sure which information source is correct?

epidural said:
nohope_for_lc,
Your lawyer is saying the truth when he says 245(i) should not affect you case. It should not affect your case. As per your signature your case is from MA and i think MA was processing 10/10/03 cases before landing into PBEC , so your state has already cleared the April 2001 hump and this is one darn example of NO FIFO :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

We also heard DOL will provide us TR case processing time from November. What is the status of that? There are so many opinions out there. So far I know MA was processing March 2003 before transfering cases to PBEC. If it was 10/10/2003, what happened to mine? There was FIFO back then. But no FIFO now.

I stand corrected. MA was processing 3/3/03. But as you mentioned there are 57 Jobs posted for your state, which means that there is NO FIFO and hence i have convinced my lawyer to convert to RIR. It would be worth an effort even with my priority date and given the indiscretion of PBEC about picking the cases for processing.

nohope_for_lc said:
We also heard DOL will provide us TR case processing time from November. What is the status of that? There are so many opinions out there. So far I know MA was processing March 2003 before transfering cases to PBEC. If it was 10/10/2003, what happened to mine? There was FIFO back then. But no FIFO now.

I disagree. There are maybe cases after April 2001 from MA got posted but as we know BEC is (theoretically) supposed to work all these case FIFO regardless of states and that's why so many TRs after the April 2001 are stuck. Do you think there are different groups within BEC that handles different states? Not likely.

epidural said:
nohope_for_lc,

so_depressed,
My PD is 4/30/2001, there are couple of other people with priority dates earlier than me ( with in april 2001). As per the online manifest there were about 8-9 states that had cases pending prior to April 2001. Just do a search for MA and you will see 50+ jobs posted. MA was processing cases 3/3/03. That is almost 2 year ahead. There are other states like TN, NC which have jobs listed. We are yet to receive the recruitment instructions. Do you still need to be convinced. Nothing personal here buddy but just a stark reminder there is no FIFO. This has been discussed umpteen times before. Lets hope everybody gets out of this hole sooner.

so_depressed said:
I disagree. There are maybe cases after April 2001 from MA got posted but as we know BEC is (theoretically) supposed to work all these case FIFO regardless of states and that's why so many TRs after the April 2001 are stuck. Do you think there are different groups within BEC that handles different states? Not likely.

VA_09_02 said:
Thanks for the reminder, my company does not want to do the conversion any way.

Hello Guys,

I already went through recruitment at the SWA level long time ago. Never made to regional, actually i did, they never opened my case; it was transferred tp Philly directly. I am asking my lawyer if I could take advantage of this RIR conversion process and he tells me I can not cause I already did recruitment at the SWA level. Is this true?. please any comments would be appreciated !

UrgentV

Believe it is true as to the RIR Q&A.

UrgentV said:
Hello Guys,

I already went through recruitment at the SWA level long time ago. Never made to regional, actually i did, they never opened my case; it was transferred tp Philly directly. I am asking my lawyer if I could take advantage of this RIR conversion process and he tells me I can not cause I already did recruitment at the SWA level. Is this true?. please any comments would be appreciated !

UrgentV

UrgentV said:
Hello Guys,

UrgentV
Since your case has already undergone supervised recruitment, it is not eligible for RIR conversion.

You're right. It looks like so for PBEC. Otherwise one can't explain the MA job posts. Guess I concern only DBEC. Good luck for you guys.

epidural said:
so_depressed,
My PD is 4/30/2001, there are couple of other people with priority dates earlier than me ( with in april 2001). As per the online manifest there were about 8-9 states that had cases pending prior to April 2001. Just do a search for MA and you will see 50+ jobs posted. MA was processing cases 3/3/03. That is almost 2 year ahead. There are other states like TN, NC which have jobs listed. We are yet to receive the recruitment instructions. Do you still need to be convinced. Nothing personal here buddy but just a stark reminder there is no FIFO. This has been discussed umpteen times before. Lets hope everybody gets out of this hole sooner.

case status -withdrawn

Hello Folks,

I am new member to this forum. I was checking my case status online . Since last week it was "IN PROCESS". Today it showed "WITHDRAWN". Please let me know what it means. I never asked my attorney to withdraw my case. Do you have any suggestins for me?

mine is EB2 /non-RIR
PD-June 2003
I got 45 day letter and in April 2006 and replied.

After fighting with our lawyer about converting my case to RIR (she didn't see it as a good idea at first), convincing our VP that it is a good idea and finally landing an appointment with the lawyer to start paperwork, we had layoffs in our company on Monday.
Some of those laid off had the same job title as I did in my labor filing. Completely different kind of work but same title. So no RIR for me.

Sigh!

---------------------
PD: Nov 2002 TR.