Non RIR Discussion Only !

Thanks, everyone.

LaborDrags: I don't think they have certified any cases from these ads yet. As far as I know they should advertise the job for a month, then the company should interview any candidates, and then they will make the decision based on the interview results. This seems like a 2-month process (at least).
Probably the case number is typed wrong, which will explain the few cases where the number is not found in their system or the withdrawn cases.

Btw, there are no new job postings today.

roddy said:
Thanks, everyone.

LaborDrags: I don't think they have certified any cases from these ads yet. As far as I know they should advertise the job for a month, then the company should interview any candidates, and then they will make the decision based on the interview results. This seems like a 2-month process (at least).
Probably the case number is typed wrong, which will explain the few cases where the number is not found in their system or the withdrawn cases.

Btw, there are no new job postings today.

I heard that they send out the recruitment instruction to the employers, but if they post the job to ajb why the instruction is directed?

Or we can say that 245(I) cases being done by them, and rest of the cases are employers choice of making it a publish?

labordrags said:
I heard that they send out the recruitment instruction to the employers, but if they post the job to ajb why the instruction is directed?

Or we can say that 245(I) cases being done by them, and rest of the cases are employers choice of making it a publish?
-------------

I don't think all those cases are 245 cases, because I saw few cases for Software Engg etc. I don't think those are 245i cases, as salary was much higher.

Noone knows the whole process, I am guessing they might even take some short cuts, like if 100 employers filed for Systems Analyst, so instead of posting 100 ads, they can do 1 ad and if they get resumes in response, they can challenge all 100 applications. Of course this is just my imagination.

I don't think they are waiting to add 100K before election, I don't think they even have enough resources to copy paste job criteria for each job, word by word on AJB.

There is no way they can process all these cases with so much work.

site down

I think they are updating the data again, my case and a bunch of my neighbors don't exist in their system today.
Only 1 case with CLOSED status was found when I searched 10 of my neighbors.
I was able to check their status and my status till yesterday.
I think their feed just updates cases status of IN PROCESS, DATA REVIEW (active status) only, and they lock all other cases out till update is finished.

On a lighter note..

Here's a job description for a "Cook", posted on AJB.

COOK ACCORDING TO RECIPES AND SPECIFIC METHOD OF COOKERY AND TASTE. PREPARE INDIAN DISHES SUCH IDLY, DOSAS, MATAR PANEER, CHOLE, VADAS, KACHORI, AND INDIAN STYLE VEGETABLES.PRPARE APPETIZERS SUCH AS SAMOSAS, BHEL, PURI AND CHAT. COOK AT CUSTOMER SITES AND CATERING HALLS. DECORATE PLATTERS, SERVE FOOD. ESTIMATE FOOD CONSUMPTION. APPLICANTS PLEASE REFERENCE COMPANY JOB ID P-05103-58540kje9 IN ALL RESUMES/APPLICATIONS.

Personally, I don't mind mastering the above skills if it is going to fetch me green card!

Hungry anyone?

Complete Screen Shot

Here is a copy of thye complete screen shot..

The last section of this sheet needs to be completed before getting our labor approval...

Last edited by a moderator:
Case gone missing from online system!

My case has suddenly disappeared from the online case status check system this morning. It was showing up as "In Process" till yesterday, today is says "No records matched your query, please check the case number". Anybody else facing the same issue??

Days_go_by said:
I think they are updating the data again, my case and a bunch of my neighbors don't exist in their system today.
Only 1 case with CLOSED status was found when I searched 10 of my neighbors.
I was able to check their status and my status till yesterday.
I think their feed just updates cases status of IN PROCESS, DATA REVIEW (active status) only, and they lock all other cases out till update is finished.

same here, i checked mine and couple of cases around mine, it says, these cases don't exist, useless crap....

Missing Case Number....

csrini1 said:
same here, i checked mine and couple of cases around mine, it says, these cases don't exist, useless crap....
Same here... seems something is wrong with the system... Some of my friends are also getting the same message....

Thanks, MI_NONRIR,

So, looks like they are goint to 1. send recruitment letter saying that the advt. should match word to word with the labor application in paper form.
AND
2. They will post on AJB.

My question is to post on AJB, they will have to MANUALLY type in the job descriptions. Looking at the fact that they took 1 1/2 years just to do simple data entry for 45 day letter, when will they manually enter the 15,000+ 245i cases and then move to our cases ?

MI_NonRIR said:
Here is a copy of thye complete screen shot..

The last section of this sheet needs to be completed before getting our labor approval...

shanpai said:
Here's a job description for a "Cook", posted on AJB.

COOK ACCORDING TO RECIPES AND SPECIFIC METHOD OF COOKERY AND TASTE. PREPARE INDIAN DISHES SUCH IDLY, DOSAS, MATAR PANEER, CHOLE, VADAS, KACHORI, AND INDIAN STYLE VEGETABLES.PRPARE APPETIZERS SUCH AS SAMOSAS, BHEL, PURI AND CHAT. COOK AT CUSTOMER SITES AND CATERING HALLS. DECORATE PLATTERS, SERVE FOOD. ESTIMATE FOOD CONSUMPTION. APPLICANTS PLEASE REFERENCE COMPANY JOB ID P-05103-58540kje9 IN ALL RESUMES/APPLICATIONS.

Personally, I don't mind mastering the above skills if it is going to fetch me green card!

Hungry anyone?

Hey, get in line! I already applied to this job! :)

Case back online!

oops1975 said:
Same here... seems something is wrong with the system... Some of my friends are also getting the same message....
I just checked and my case number is back to "In Process" now; it was "not found" earlier this morning.

To: gc_maze

gc_maze said:
Thanks, MI_NONRIR,

So, looks like they are goint to 1. send recruitment letter saying that the advt. should match word to word with the labor application in paper form.
AND
2. They will post on AJB.

My question is to post on AJB, they will have to MANUALLY type in the job descriptions. Looking at the fact that they took 1 1/2 years just to do simple data entry for 45 day letter, when will they manually enter the 15,000+ 245i cases and then move to our cases ?

Good question.

I think they will do a due diligence at the beginning.

Once they go thru the process for next few thousand cases, they will expedite everything for the remaining cases.

That means, they may approve cases without posting ads on AJB or, may shorten the duration of the ad or, hire additional subs to type the job description for postings etc. to meet their 9/30/2007 deadline.

MI_NonRIR said:
Good question.

I think they will do a due diligence at the beginning.

Once they go thru the process for next few thousand cases, they will expedite everything for the remaining cases.

That means, they may approve cases without posting ads on AJB or, may shorten the duration of the ad or, hire additional subs to type the job description for postings etc. to meet their 9/30/2007 deadline.
My lawyer has been insisting that this is exactly how it'll be done. If the 9/30/07 deadline is not a ruse and they actually plan to wrap up by then, this is the only way I see them getting through the ocean of the Non-RIR cases.

I juat cheked the AJB. Here it comes:

For 9/18 10 jobs posted
For 9/19 8 jobs posted
for 9/20 4 jobs posted
That is on average 7.3 cases per day.

Cosidering 15000 cases with speed of 7.3/day and 264 working days, it will take only over 7years to process the cases...

How many 245(i) cases pending ?

I heard that :

1. There are still 175000 cases pending at the BPC s out of which non-rir is 20000 more than rir.
2. They are now embarking on a FIFO as the data entry has been complete.

Hence, the most pertinent question is : Does anyone know how many 245(i) cases were filed back in April 2001 ?

Thanks
vexlak said:
I juat cheked the AJB. Here it comes:

For 9/18 10 jobs posted
For 9/19 8 jobs posted
for 9/20 4 jobs posted
That is on average 7.3 cases per day.

Cosidering 15000 cases with speed of 7.3/day and 264 working days, it will take only over 7years to process the cases...

pdjune2001 said:
I heard that :

1. There are still 175000 cases pending at the BPC s out of which non-rir is 20000 more than rir.
2. They are now embarking on a FIFO as the data entry has been complete.

Hence, the most pertinent question is : Does anyone know how many 245(i) cases were filed back in April 2001 ?

Thanks
I am not sure how many cases are there altogether, yet judging by the current non RIR processing (October 2003) there are not that many RIR left. There must be thousands Non RIR (245i) cases. However there is also good amount that was closed, canceled or revoked...
My point was that there must be some other way for them to process it otherwise it will take 7+years by the current trend.

vexlak said:
I am not sure how many cases are there altogether, yet judging by the current non RIR processing (October 2003) there are not that many RIR left. There must be thousands Non RIR (245i) cases. However there is also good amount that was closed, canceled or revoked...
My point was that there must be some other way for them to process it otherwise it will take 7+years by the current trend.
Probably they will just give amnesty to all those people who fall under NON RIR. This step could be they are just reviewing the application to see how many are still active and how many needs to pursue their cases?

Re :

The other thing that we have also heard is that BPC s are considering to expand the rir conversion window upto March 2005. They dont really want to do the supervised recruitment for all these pending non-rir cases.

I am trying to estimate how many active 245(i) cases are there ? 20000 / 30000 / 50000 ?

Does anyone know whether there has been any recruitment instruction sent out for May 2001 cases ?

labordrags said:
Probably they will just give amnesty to all those people who fall under NON RIR. This step could be they are just reviewing the application to see how many are still active and how many needs to pursue their cases?

pdjune2001 said:
The other thing that we have also heard is that BPC s are considering to expand the rir conversion window upto March 2005. They dont really want to do the supervised recruitment for all these pending non-rir cases.

I am trying to estimate how many active 245(i) cases are there ? 20000 / 30000 / 50000 ?

Does anyone know whether there has been any recruitment instruction sent out for May 2001 cases ?
THIS IS FROM THE OFFICE OF INSPECTOR GENERAL (OIG) WHEN THEY AUDITED DEPARTMENT OF LABOR (DOL) LABOR CERTIFICATION:

Section 245(i) of the INA resulted in dramatic increases in applications for
permanent labor certifications creating a major backlog in processing FLC
applications. Of the 335,553 FLC applications filed nationwide in FY 2001, we
estimate that 75 percent of the applications were filed during the period
January 1, 2001, through April 30, 2001.

75% OF 335,553 IS 251665.

As of September 30, 2001, the permanent FLC program had a backlog of
approximately 325,000 unprocessed applications. According to a DOL official we
contacted in late May 2004, the last estimate of unprocessed applications was
approximately 315,000.

For the FY 2001 applications filed in the eight states in our sample:
• 76 percent were filed from January 1, 2001, through April 30, 2001,
• 61 percent were filed in April 2001,
• 50 percent were filed in the last 10 days of April, and
• 28 percent were filed on April 30, the last day Section 245(i) applications
could be filed.

For FLC applications filed nationwide from January 1, 2001, through April 30,
2001, that were not subsequently cancelled or withdrawn, we estimate:
• 84 percent of the aliens did not have legal status to work in the U.S;
• 72 percent of the aliens did not have a legal status to be in the U.S; and
• 67 percent of the aliens were already working for the petitioning
employer at the time of application. 95 percent of the applications for
these aliens provided dates of beginning employment with the petitioning
employer which showed:
• 46 percent working 1 to 4 years prior to application;
• 22 percent working 5 to 9 years prior to application; and
• 6 percent working over 10 years prior to application.

We estimate that 69 percent of the 214,406 applications filed from January 1,
2001, through April 30, 2001, and not subsequently canceled or withdrawn, were
either misrepresented, incomplete, or both. Individually, we estimate 54 percent
of the applications were misrepresented, and 56 percent of the applications were
incomplete.

http://www.oig.dol.gov/public/repor...of labor application filed on april 30, 2001"