Non RIR Discussion Only !

LC Arrived at Lawyers

The Labor Certification letter was rcvd on June 20 2007 by my lawyers. I was hoping to get a copy but I did not - may be it is because my residence address has changed since the time the labor was filed almost 4 + years back.

Hopefully this is nothing to worry about...Atleast my lawyers are planning to file I-140 and I-485 now.

tamisgreat,
Congratulations!!!
Could you update once you receive your hard copies?

Thanks
varsityboys

Thanks Tamisgreat

Its good to know that you are moving forward.

The Labor Certification letter was rcvd on June 20 2007 by my lawyers. I was hoping to get a copy but I did not - may be it is because my residence address has changed since the time the labor was filed almost 4 + years back.

Hopefully this is nothing to worry about...Atleast my lawyers are planning to file I-140 and I-485 now.

Certified

Hey,

LC got certified between 11:30 and 12:00 ...you can imagine how frequently I am checking :).
Anyway, hope eveyrone gets certified today or as soon as possible :) ..all the best for further processing. This forum has been a great support.

Thanks.

ddl

PD 09/2003 MI EB3 NON RIR
RRI sent 06/07/07
LC Certified: 06/25 (online)

A hearty Congratulations!! ddl. Finally good days for you.

My RRI was submitted on the 22nd, and am hoping to see the sweet certified online too. Thinking of certified labor, are you planning to apply for parallel 140/485, is there something that you need to be prepared for before hand?

Also guess I have another battle to fight with that is to convince them to apply the 140 in premium processing. Can anyone please advice any very good undeniable reasons I can give to my company and the legal to proceed with premium 140.

Thanks,
-nk..

Hey,

LC got certified between 11:30 and 12:00 ...you can imagine how frequently I am checking :).
Anyway, hope eveyrone gets certified today or as soon as possible :) ..all the best for further processing. This forum has been a great support.

Thanks.

ddl

PD 09/2003 MI EB3 NON RIR
RRI sent 06/07/07
LC Certified: 06/25 (online)

A hearty Congratulations!! ddl. Finally good days for you.

My RRI was submitted on the 22nd, and am hoping to see the sweet certified online too. Thinking of certified labor, are you planning to apply for parallel 140/485, is there something that you need to be prepared for before hand?

Also guess I have another battle to fight with that is to convince them to apply the 140 in premium processing. Can anyone please advice any very good undeniable reasons I can give to my company and the legal to proceed with premium 140.

Thanks,
-nk..

nk,

Depending on your circumstances, you can say there are strong rumours that retrogressioin will be coming back again in September. So you'd like to file both I-140 and I-485 concurrently while all dates are current. With Premium Processing there is a good chance of getting your I-140 approved within 2-3 weeks which will make you eligible for concurrent filing before September.

Second, if you are past your 6th year H1-B, with an approved I-140 you can get a 3 year I-797 (and not an yearly one). That way when you goto apply for your H-1B visa stamping from abroad, you can get a 3 year visa stamped on your passport and not have to get one every year. This is good for the company too, as they will not have to pay for the yearly H1-B/I-797 extensions also.

Just something for you to work on. But again your situation might be different and and you might still be in your 4th or 5th year H1-B and not need the 3 year extensions as yet. But you could mention the retrogression rumours which hopefully will not be true. Good luck.

Jawad

Last edited by a moderator:
Jawad,

Appreciate your suggestions. Can we do parallel 140/485, with 140 premium processing?

Thanks,
-nk..

nk,

Depending on your circumstances, you can say there are strong rumours that retrogressioin will be coming back again in September. So you'd like to file both I-140 and I-485 concurrently while all dates are current. With Premium Processing there is a good chance of getting your I-140 approved within 2-3 weeks which will make you eligible for concurrent filing before September.

Second, if you are past your 6th year H1-B, with an approved I-140 you can get a 3 year I-797 (and not an yearly one). That way when you goto apply for your H-1B visa stamping from abroad, you can get a 3 year visa stamped on your passport and not have to get one every year. This is good for the company too, as they will not have to pay for the yearly H1-B/I-797 extensions also.

Just something for you to work on. But again your situation might be different and and you might still be in your 4th or 5th year H1-B and not need the 3 year extensions as yet. But you could mention the retrogression rumours which hopefully will not be true. Good luck.

Jawad

Lawyers received certified labor on 06/25. Off to 140 & 485 forums now.

Good luck everyone.

Hi,
where are your RIR report filing dates ? Philly or Dallas?

I don't see any approvals coming from Dallas center .... what's happening Dallas ???? :-(
On the other hand, I see approvals coming at Philly way faster....withing 7-11 days after RRI report is filed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traditional labor from Dallas

Mine is traditional labor approved from Dallas.
Hi,
where are your RIR report filing dates ? Philly or Dallas?

I don't see any approvals coming from Dallas center .... what's happening Dallas ???? :-(
On the other hand, I see approvals coming at Philly way faster....withing 7-11 days after RRI report is filed.

Finally online status shows certified.

Finally this morning my online labor certification status shows certified.!!! Yeppyyyyyy!!...

Now the wait begins for the actual hard copy.

-nk..

heart breaker: I-485 Cap for FY 2007 Can Be Exhausted Before End of July?

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

I think LC waiting TR folks are going to be badly hit by this. They opened up I-485 for every one in July bulletin and now many are filing for 485 in a hurry. While we are waiting here for 4/5 years, the visa numbers are going to be eaten away before July.
No one is able to guess how many years it is going to retrogress this time for August.
This means all TR waiting folks would have to wait for filing I-485 for unknown time.

Certified Online

I don't post that often but I am a regular reader. Just wanted to update.

My labor just got certified online between 1PM and 1.30PM. Yeah thats how often I check :) .

My PD is Dec 2004. RRI (1 resume) was submitted on Jun 20th 2007.

Case # : P-05159-5XXXX VA TR

Saw the 'Magic Word'

Finally, it is my turn to share the good news. The online status shows 'CERTIFIED' as of 4.00pm this afternoon. Ready to move on to 140/485 forum.
Thank you for everyone that contributed valuable information to this forum. Good luck to all who are still waiting, your day is not far away.

Finally, it is my turn to share the good news. The online status shows 'CERTIFIED' as of 4.00pm this afternoon. Ready to move on to 140/485 forum.
Thank you for everyone that contributed valuable information to this forum. Good luck to all who are still waiting, your day is not far away.

Congrats! Please don't forget to post the date you recieved the hard copy.

Thanks