Non-Immigration. Please advice on townhomes

North Jersey Townhomes

Guys,

I am looking for townhomes/single family homes in north jersey (bergen county and morris county). Please share me if you have any info.

Thanks.

ML_2001 said:
Guys,

I am looking for townhomes/single family homes in north jersey (bergen county and morris county). Please share me if you have any info.

Thanks.
Any particular reason to prefer North Jersey ? Most of the people working in Newyork prefer Central Jersey. Do you work in north Jersey ? What price range are you looking at for th town homes? I am looking for town home in central jersey in the 300K - 350K range. Don't know if this is the best time to buy or to wait for some more time.

dsatish,

Yes, I am working in North Jersey. For past 6 months I am looking for a townhome which is built after 1990's or brand new (just to avoid maintenance related issues). Still I am looking in places such as Parsippany, Mahwah, Fairlawn, Oakland, etc. My range is below 400K.

I like bergen county because:

1. I work in north jersey
2. Good schooling and good neighbourhood
3. Less crowd
4. Easy accesible to NYC and Parsipanny (more job opportunity for my skill sets)
5. One of the top expensive place in US (so, easy reselling with good appreciation)

In worst case scenerio, If the real estate market in bubble right now, price may go down to 10-15 % in 4 to 5 years. No one is SURE about what is going to happen in real estate industry. Who knows ? Price may either stay as it is or may go up !!

So, If I find a good home (brand new or recently built) with good neighbourhood. good scooling, close to my work and within my budget, I will go for it irrespective of thinking too much on real estate market.

Please let me know if you come across anything in North Jersey.

Thanks.

PS: Please use this information at your own discretion

dsatish and the friends who are living in Somerset, NJ:

I'm looking to buy a townhome in 'Somerset Glen'. Can you guys advise? Good, bad feedback....Thanks.

GC050102 said:
dsatish and the friends who are living in Somerset, NJ:

I'm looking to buy a townhome in 'Somerset Glen'. Can you guys advise? Good, bad feedback....Thanks.
If you are OK with the living room plan of somerset glen , the nyou can go ahead and buy it. My friend who lives there (since Jan'04) has no complaints.
Also IMHO, it's a good time to buy house. I might need a couple of more months before i will be able to buy a house.

GC050102,

The westminster Ave to Somerset Glen has just been paved. All the roads inside the community and the drive way are also paved. It looks really nice.

In terms of commuting to NYC, it's convenient with access to bus and train. I don't think you need to worry about the housing bubbles. Many 2 bedroom townhouses in similar areas are above 300k. In the worst case, it will appreciate at a slower pase 3-5% instead of 10+% per year.

richshen

Hi Guys,
Any updates on Housing market in NJ ? Did any one bought a home recently ?
I am looking for either new or old (upto 10 years) townhome or SFH in the range of 325K to 425K in Middlesex and Somerset counties. Any suggestions ?

dsatish said:
Hi Guys,
Any updates on Housing market in NJ ? Did any one bought a home recently ?
I am looking for either new or old (upto 10 years) townhome or SFH in the range of 325K to 425K in Middlesex and Somerset counties. Any suggestions ?

It seems your range is increased now from 300K :) . Thats good. I'm also looking (still :( ).

Anybody has any feedback about Monmouth Junction, NJ? How's the school district there and the prices of townhomes?

Any replys are appreciated.

Monmouth JUnction!

Yes I am in Monmouth JUnction, and my son goes to 3rd grade. It is South Brunswick School district, and the school is good (everyone will say their school is the best... :D :D ).

You would expect $350k to $375K for three bed room townhouse; around 275K for 2 bed room townhouse. Contact real estate agent Walter Kurkela...he will give fair idea (appears he deals exculsively in South Brunswick). You could get his number from yellow pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
rajudm said:
Yes I am in Monmouth JUnction, and my son goes to 3rd grade. It is South Brunswick School district, and the school is good (everyone will say their school is the best... :D :D ).

You would expect $350k to $375K for three bed room townhouse; around 275K for 2 bed room townhouse. Contact real estate agent Walter Kurkela...he will give fair idea (appears he deals exculsively in South Brunswick). You could get his number from yellow pages.

Any idea how about the commute time from that place to New york city ?

NY commute

Currently I commute to New York city. One can take either bus or train. Exit 8A park ride for bus, from there it takes roughly 1 hour to mid town (when everything ok). some times you need to add 30 minutes more if weather is bad.

Another alternative is to take train from Jersey Avenue of Princeton Junction. It takes same duration for travel, and many people do it.

rajudm said:

Thanks rajudm. What community you live in?

rajudm said:
I live in Hickory Ridge community (Greenland Blvd off Ridge road).

Thanks, is yours a condo or a townhome? The other weekend I was looking in some communities just off 522. But they are expensive.