No Stimulus (Bush Dollars) for me ????

It's 83...I didn't know it was working with the SSN, now I know why it take time my number is high. Thanks.

... and since you say you sent a check, this means direct deposit was not an option for IRS.

... and btw, (unlike CRA) IRS typically does not send any 'assessment notice' when you submit your tax. They cash your check or send a refundd and that is that. Only if they find an error or have a question or wnat to audit you will you get any further notice about your original return.

i also heard that if you chose direct deposit through a software program like turbotax you actually have to follow the mail-in dates to get your cheque...err check? :p

When I tried to check mine today as my mail date was July 11. This is what I got.

Social Security Number: ***-**-****

You did not qualify for the Stimulus payment because the Taxpayer Identification Number shown on your tax return for yourself or your spouse was not valid. Your last name and/or Social Security Number did not agree with either our records or those of the Social Security Administration, or you used an IRS issued number such as an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number or IRS number. You must have a valid Social Security Number to qualify for the Stimulus payment.
Helpful Information:

The 2008 tax instructions will include a worksheet to help those who did not qualify for a payment or those who received a reduced amount determine if they can obtain a benefit when they file their 2008 tax returns next year.