No Stimulus (Bush Dollars) for me ????

TNDV2008

Registered Users (C)
I've been waiting for the stimulus money and guess what, I DONT qualify??

I checked on this site "where's my stimulus?" and the system respons is: "You did not qualify for the Stimulus payment because the Taxpayer Identification Number shown on your tax return for yourself or your spouse was not valid"...WTF!!

I filed my taxes with my valid SSN, wife's TIN & 2 kids valid SSN's and we have always recieved tax refunds, so how is it not valid this time around???

Anyone with a spouse on TD has experienced this crap? I want ma' money god***it! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are a TN holder with an SSN and filed your tax return as a single person or file separately from your spouse you get the stimulus.

if you are on a TN with an SSN and are married, your spouse has a TD with a ITIN and you filed jointly, you DONT get the stimulus

... and it is not worth splitting the tax return to get the advance.

Wait for next spring ands claim it then.

... and it is not worth splitting the tax return to get the advance.

Wait for next spring ands claim it then.

When you say claim it next yet, do you mean claim it only if "are a TN holder with an SSN and filed your tax return as a single person or file separately from your spouse" and NOT "You are on a TN with an SSN and are married, your spouse has a TD with a ITIN and you filed jointly"

or even if your spouse have ITIN you still eligible to get this extra money?

even if your spouse have ITIN you still eligible to get this extra money?

Of course! It's a lowering of a tax bracket, which all taxpayers are eligible to take advantage of. You're just not eligible to get it in advance if your spouse has an ITIN.

This is not a tax forum.

As TRC and I have pointed out, the check is an advance on the tax reduction that will appear on your 2008 tax form.

In 2001 the "Rate Reduction credit" appeared on the tax return, with a note stating if you got the check don't take the credit. If you didn't get the check, here's how you get the credit.

While it is possible that IRS will not do it this way, they have stated that those who are eligible and don't get the check will be able to claim it on their 2008 return.

I will admit that the 2001 rebate did not have any SSN requirements while this one does. However, if, when filing your 2008 return, you are denied the credit, then you will have to use the anti-discrimination clause of the Cdn tax treaty (as it applies to dependants) to get the money.

My guess is that by the time the credit is put on the 2008 form, the SSN requirement will be gone. It is merely there now to mitigate fraudulent rebate claims)

This is not a tax forum.

... However, if, when filing your 2008 return, you are denied the credit, then you will have to use the anti-discrimination clause of the Cdn tax treaty (as it applies to dependants) to get the money...

Nelsona,

I know this is not a tax forum :), but can you shed us some more light on this "anti-discrimination clause"? and how to effect this claim...if the need ever arises?

Thanks.

and what exactly did you get in the mail, because I got a notice from the IRS a while back addressed to me stating the amounts you should get back. but im still not going to be getting any stimulus check

One of the mailings was a general mailer explaining the stimulus.

All receive a second mailing outling how much you will get based on your marital and dependant status.

I didn't receive any mailing from IRS, do it's normal? :confused:
The only way I know they received my tax report, the check I send show in my bank statement...