No receipt for N-400 app

Guys, Atlast good news... our checks are cashed yesterday. It mentions that the received date is July 17th. After 2 long months of angst... we can finally breathe easy :) Thanks for all your support and will keep you updated about our application progress. -J

Guys, Atlast good news... our checks are cashed yesterday. It mentions that the received date is July 17th. After 2 long months of angst... we can finally breathe easy :) Thanks for all your support and will keep you updated about our application progress. -J

Sounds like your package was "misplaced". At least they eventually found it.

Be sure to check that your PD is sometime in May when your NOA arrives.

I sent my application July 13 today is July 21 still no Response? Even the Checks are not cashed yet
thanks
archin

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my application July 13 today is July 21 still no Response? Even the Checks are not cashed yet
thanks
archin

Where did you mail your application (lewiswille/phoenix?).
Did you send it with some sort of tracking (USPS with certified, fedex etc)?

I sent my application July 13 today is July 21 still no Response? Even the Checks are not cached yet
thanks
archin

Did you sent a certified mail? Did USCIS received your application?You can only apply 90 days prior to meeting the continuous residence requirement.

I had sent my application through USPS certified mail which gave me a Prof of receiving.
It took USCIS 37days to cash my check. I had sent my application on JUNE-04-2009. As per USCIS you should wait for 30days after sending your application.

Hang in there you turn will come soon. Be patient and relax.

Today i had recived Finger Print notice. I have FP apointment on July-28-2009.

=========================================
06/04/09: N400 Mailed TX lockbox
06/05/09: N-400 Receive
07/09/09: Check cashed
07/11/09: NOA received
07/21/09: FP notice received
07/28/09: FP appointment...

I did not used certified, just used regular Priority email to Lock box

Replied to
Did you sent a certified mail? Did USCIS received your application?You can only apply 90 days prior to meeting the continuous residence requirement.

I had sent my application through USPS certified mail which gave me a Prof of receiving.
It took USCIS 37days to cash my check. I had sent my application on JUNE-04-2009. As per USCIS you should wait for 30days after sending your application.

I did not used certified, just used regular Priority email to Lock box

Wait till your check will be cleared. It will take around 30 to 40 days. I will advise you to call USCIS after 37days. And i m sure that your check will be cleared before that.

N400 submitted 06-13-09 No Receipt

I submitted my N400 along with my wife to Arizona center on 6-13-09. I havent received any Receipt and the checks have not been encashed.

So I called up, and requested elevation of call. The representative asked me for my A# and did not find my application. I requested to use my SSN and they found my application. The mistake was they entered incorrect A# on my application with my information. It is scary. They are working to correct A#.
I hope this information is useful to other people who have not received any communication back.

Thanks

I submitted my N400 along with my wife to Arizona center on 6-13-09. I havent received any Receipt and the checks have not been encashed.

So I called up, and requested elevation of call. The representative asked me for my A# and did not find my application. I requested to use my SSN and they found my application. The mistake was they entered incorrect A# on my application with my information. It is scary. They are working to correct A#.
I hope this information is useful to other people who have not received any communication back.

Thanks

you should have asked what # they entered ? next time when you call , it will be easy to find by incorrect # -- Why your check is still not cashed? Do they cross verify SSN and A # ?

Thanks

This is really scary. Make sure that you call again to confirm, and find out about the check status. It is their mistake, they should fix it immediately.

it looks like there is no system to automatic check the A# with Name on application or to check A# with SSN# on the application. Otherwise its hard to understand how this type of mistake is possible.
The represenatative mentioned that check was encashed on 21st. I am waiting to see the transaction in my bank. Otherwise thats another mystery. Whose check they encashed?????

Thanks.

No FP notice.

I still have not received FP notice.
Last update date is shown as 07/14/2009 on case status online.
Is this normal?

My online case status is indicating that my case is currently with national benefit processing center....is this normal ?

I have recieved by NOA and waiting for my FP notice.

My online case status is indicating that my case is currently with national benefit processing center....is this normal ?

I have recieved by NOA and waiting for my FP notice.

Yes. NBC is the one that processes the N-400 applications and then forwards them to DOs for interviews.