No passport for interview

niche

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I've seen this question asked several times in many posts, but haven't found an answer.
My interview is coming up in a few weeks. I do not have a passport, current or expired. The last passport I had was lost a few years ago during a move to a different state. Of course, I could go to my consulate and get a new passport, but I'd like to ask people who might know here if they think that is necessary.
As I understand it, the passport is used by the IO as a means to check the times you've travelled while a GC holder. A brand new passport would be useless for that. Is it OK (has anyone done it) if I simply state the fact that I have no passport, and explain what happened? Would it be more benefitial to show a brand new passport?
Thanks for all the replies -

Did you report the passport lost and file a police report? If you did, bring that along too.

The last passport I had was lost a few years ago during a move to a different state. Of course, I could go to my consulate and get a new passport, but I'd like to ask people who might know here if they think that is necessary.

I agree with Triple citizen. The important thing is if you reported the passport as lost. As you say, a new passport wouldn't have any stamps and would be of much use. Does this mean you haven't traveled abroad since you lost your passport?

Yes, I haven't been out of the country at all in over ten years. So, getting a spanking brand new passport wouldn't be useful. However, for the purpose of the interview, do you see any value in having one anyway?

Thanks

No, I don't see any value, not one that justifies getting out of your way to get a new passport.

can you let us know if you did have a passport at the interview? any other issues because of passport? my wife is in similar situation last trip she made was 9 years ago and she does not have a passport. her embassy lost it during renewal process and she never inquired why they lost it.

Last edited by a moderator: