No NOA or case number ?

handxx

Registered Users (C)
Hi people

It might be little bit early to worry about but I already sent my n-400 package 2 weeks ago on Jun 5th. They already cashed my check but I have not got any case number or any letter for NOA .

When I check other people's history posting on their signature, they pretty much receive NOA in 4 5 days or latest in 1 week .. I called the USCIS but the customer service agent told me to wait until JULY 5th if I do not get any letter.. Any ideas about this ? Am i getting worried to early ?

Follow USCIS's advice and wait at least 30 days after you send application before you start inquiring about NOA you haven't received.

Be a little patient. At least in the past they would write the case number somewhere on the check.

Be a little patient. At least in the past they would write the case number somewhere on the check.

I sent my N-400 to the Phx Lock-box and received the receipt and NOA quite quickly (see my time line). There are no numbers on the cashed checks that align with anything on the NOA or the receipt so they may not be doing that anymore.

At least in the past they would write the case number somewhere on the check.

They do not any more.

The OP should not worry too much. It has been only two weeks. He or she has the cashed check, so it will not be too hard to track down the application (if it becomes necessary).

I mailed N-400 on 06/11/09 to lewisville lock box thru usps priority mail. Check not yet cashed. i forgot take delivary confirmation.

I mailed my package to TX lockbox on 05/22 and USCIS received it on 05/26.

I got no response so far :confused:

I'll probably get something next week. If not I need to call them.

Dallas and TR, I would not worry too much at this stage. Phoenix is moving pretty quickly and it took 13 days for the receipt to arrive so I would assume TX is probably moving along well too.

No worries here. However applicants need to follow up on their applications if there is no NOA received in a reasonable time (probably after 40-45 days). You certainly do not want CIS think you have abandoned your application if they made a mistake when entering your address or something...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got both my NOA and FP letter today. I'm probably the living example of how inefficient USPS is:

05/26/09 N-400 received by USCIS
05/29/09 USCIS mailed NOA received 06/22/09 :)mad:)
06/05/09 USCIS mailed FP appointment received 06/22/09 :)confused:)
06/30/09 FP appointment

I noticed that CIS uses standard mailing fee ($.36) not first class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I am started to get really worried. One of my friend send the file a week before me to Louisville TX. He already schedule for FP next week. He is in Dallas, I should be in SA. Just very worried something wrong with my document or not. The cash still not check yet and not receive anything back yet.

06/08/09 N-400 received by USCIS
06/23/09 Nothing happen. Check still not cashed!!

I mailed my package to TX lockbox on 05/22 and USCIS received it on 05/26.

I got no response so far :confused:

I'll probably get something next week. If not I need to call them.

I have the exact same timeline you do. I mailed mine on 5/22 and they received it on 5/26. Also to Lewisville. I got my NOA and FP appointment.

Got both my NOA and FP letter today. I'm probably the living example of how inefficient USPS is:

05/26/09 N-400 received by USCIS
05/29/09 USCIS mailed NOA received 06/22/09 :)mad:)
06/05/09 USCIS mailed FP appointment received 06/22/09 :)confused:)
06/30/09 FP appointment

I noticed that CIS uses standard mailing fee ($.36) not first class.

What is your priority date on your NOA? It should be 5/26.

dallaspen and iloveaustin,

First of all I am positive that you will receive your papers before the time comes to contact CIS. My plan was to wait till the end of this week (30 days after CIS received papers) and call customer service and try to obtain case number. Once you have the case number you can check the status online and see what is going on.
I would not schedule and infopass until it is obvious that the papers got lost or data have been incorrectly entered into the system.

What I am not entirely sure about is who causes the delay. Is it USPS or USCIS who prints the fee and the date on the envelope? In my case it took someone 24 days to deliver my NOA which sounds a bit too much.

Good luck with your papers, I hope for the best...