No Green Cards this year if your I140 is already approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
To: GC_YEAHRIGHT!

- "Secondly I was under the impression that "GC Quotas" are basically I140 quota, which means once I have an approved I140 i have been allocated a visa # and am just waiting for them to "adjust" my status."

Exactly, and that is why they have the priority dates and the visa bulletin (http://travel.state.gov/visa_bulletin.html)

AFAIK, once you've got a PD, you've been counted towards the 140,000 limit.

dsatish

"But one thing that bothered me deeply is why USCIS has introduced schemes to benefit ONLY the CONCURRENT CASES ? Why they have not made any announcements for the rest of the people ? "

An explanation could be that USCIS is of the opinion it has already addressed that with other actions.

Re: I believe dsatish

Originally posted by ag28
what happened because of the concurrent filing that started in July 02. backlogs went from 1 yr to more than 2 yrs :mad:

You spoke golden words which every body else missed, including me. It did not strike my mind explicitly but my experiences over all told me that any new product will kill us. When ever something like this is introduced, people tend to be optimistic that it won't affect them.
Guys, there is every need to fight. We can't wait till we know that the wait period is now 3 years. Had we not started serious discussions about petition and lawsuit in 2003, the lawsuit would not have been filed. Everybody knew the positive impact of lawsuit. Just try to remember how hopeless the things were in last year second half and how much better they look now(better only compared to previous year, not on an absolute scale)). We need to keep fighting and keep applying pressure on US CIS.

"You spoke golden words which every body else missed, including me."

No, everybody else did not miss that. in fact, I replied to that exact phrase.

A lot of the shouting in this thread is a result of people being misinformed, or underinformed.

Please don't transpose your own failure to read everything to others.

dsatish

I think you said too much while I was on lunch.

Look at your stupid and verdict Heading of the thread and it start with “NO GREEN CARD *****”. This shows how wrong you are at each and every way you read and interpret things. I hope you don't do same things in your life.

Every post of yours feels like you are like a somewhat bitchy old person never got love from any one and BTW I have two words for you "Get Life".

As per your P.S line whom do you think is telling about bad words you took out? Again “You think something and write something”

I think you need to start a course called "INTERPRET 101".

I have seen your kind here many time before and handled them really well if you need some Lessons let me know.
You taking about respect then you need to be little bit sensitive about the article you put in here.
Why don't you mark your stupid Thread with word "SPECULATION AND CRAP".

And as per the “new member” thing I have seen you have referred way too many times 0that you are new to this that’s why you don't know things. In my opinion most of them can read and interpret real well then you.

IF you have anything to say Please say in full swing don’t hold anything back. Don’t put P.S at the end of your article. That’s the fake way to get respect.

As per me being hot head that’s might be true but you haven't seen anything yet.

Good Luck!!!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by dsatish
GC_NC,
Would you please quote the so called speculations made by me before ? As i said before to Bhankas, people like you think that your thoughts are "opinions" and others thoughts are "speculations". Correct that biased thinking and you will not see any more "speculations". Every one is entitled to his opinions. Learn to repsect that instead of offering your free servces to those who do not fall in your line of thinking. Try to challenge the posting on its merits, in a logical way and stay away from other comments.
Regarding your questions 'if i have anything against the new members', that is a stupid question reflecting your stupid way of thinking (sorry for giving something back to you, i can't resist). We are asking why BCIS is starting pilot projects to speedier adjudication of recent cases than older cases. This is similar to a person standing in the front pile of the queue asking the officers about why they are calling some body from the back of the queue. Obviously you don't seem to have this simple comprehensive logic.

To others,
The pilot projects and the new procedures will result in shifting of man power. The main cause for curent delays is lack of sufficient man power and the further shifting of man power will cut down the speed further. I am also worried about the visa quota being exhausted by the pilot projects and concurrent projects. I am so pissed off by the new projects and saw the same anger with many people in the complaint forum, i wanted to start some group action to convey our feelings to US CIS. That's why i have created this thread with a fiery title. Those who believe in my argument should join me in the fight against pilot projects and new procedures. Others are most welcome to give their opinions, but please stay away from the stupid ways of saying so as did this "GC_NC" guy. Let us give respect and take respect.

I too disagree with the opinion. I filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently in 2003. However, I got my I-140 cleared. I am still considered a concurrently filed applicant, aren't I? So, why wouldn't my I-485 be touched? I didn't file it separately. I CONCURRENTLY filed them both. What say you?

Jeremy.

GC_NC123,
People like you enjoy the anonymous nature of this E-world and go with all the dirty words they can gather. I can't stop it, and frankly nobody can stop you say anything about any one whom you don't like. Atleast i controlled my anger at you and deleted the word "stupid" that i used for your way of thinking. I didn't call you any names even in my initial post.
I am not saying sorry to you because you attacked me first, not i and also i have voluntarily deleted the strong words from my posting. If i am the first attacker against any one, i will never fail to say sorry, after the tempers are cooled. Infact most of the people in this forum maintain that principle. Look at the example of "quail".

Good Luck.

Others: It's sad that this discussion has got into personal fights, but for those who are here for a long time, we might have seen this trend invariably. The lesson is not to get personal at the first place, and if at all other pserson gets personal, we should request him mildly not to attack us. I was 20 minutes late in implementing the second lesson, and so here we are. I am not going to reply any more to personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry guys! New concurrent thing will not work, as some of you expect to slow down other things. Because it has to be done by USCIS.

Soon there will be new thread with concurrent filers complaining about this one is worse than previous thing.

First of all I don't hate/dislike you.

But I have problem with your intimidating Threads.

I can bet you that when ever you will post such a post I will always reply in the same way i did today..

As per the sorry goes I never say SORRY until I am wrong.

I think you should say sorry to entire Portal community for using bad thread heading which start with "NO GREEN CARD".

as per my nature goes you are again Speculating.
can you handle another Personal attack :)

Good Luck and have a Nice weekend!!

-----------------------------------------------------

quote:
GC_NC123,
People like you enjoy the anonymous nature of this E-world and go with all the dirty words they can gather. I can't stop it, and frankly nobody can stop you say anything about any one whom you don't like. Atleast i controlled my anger at you and deleted the word "stupid" that i used for your way of thinking. I didn't call you any names even in my initial post.
I am not saying sorry to you because you attacked me first, not i and also i have voluntarily deleted the strong words from my posting. If i am the first attacker against any one, i will never fail to say sorry, after the tempers are cooled. Infact most of the people in this forum maintain that principle. Look at the example of "quail".

Good Luck.

Others: It's sad that this discussion has got into personal fights, but for those who are here for a long time, we might have seen this trend invariably. The lesson is not to get personal at the first place, and if at all other pserson gets personal, we should request him mildly not to attack us. I was 20 minutes late in implementing the second lesson, and so here we are. I am not going to reply any more to personal attacks.

Originally posted by alsowaiting

Please don't transpose your own failure to read everything to others.

Thanks for your wondrful advise. I too have a wonderful advise for you . Please do not try to reply to each and every sentense in each and every post. To err is common, to prick others is not common. Frankly, i am not doing this as a tit for tat, or due to some attitude problems. I always want to remind people about one golden principle in this forum : Never get personal, even mildly.
Good Luck.

Re: dsatish

Originally posted by alsowaiting
"But one thing that bothered me deeply is why USCIS has introduced schemes to benefit ONLY the CONCURRENT CASES ? Why they have not made any announcements for the rest of the people ? "

An explanation could be that USCIS is of the opinion it has already addressed that with other actions.

Brother,
Don't look for logic in USCIS actions...they are not rational people..if anyone tries to look for rationality in USCIS actions, then that person might be soon visiting the doctor..

Take it easy and have a great weekend,

-rajum:)

Folks, this forum is not meant for personal attacks. Please keep the discussion on track.

Originally posted by JeremyR
I too disagree with the opinion. I filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently in 2003. However, I got my I-140 cleared. I am still considered a concurrently filed applicant, aren't I? So, why wouldn't my I-485 be touched? I didn't file it separately. I CONCURRENTLY filed them both. What say you?

Jeremy.

You are still a concurrent filer but not part of the new memo...

Because the new product is starting on 4/30/2004 for people who I-140 has not approved...you are lucky, at least you can use AC 21 in the worst conditions...

-rajum

I don't know waht can be done or how. BCIS has created a Pilot program- they would want to go thru with it. Their only reaction would be lets find the results of the Pilot.
But I fully agree with the opinion that current/pending filers would be adversely impacted. This is bad. Sort of anything goes in the world of BCIS. We see some Nov'02 getting approved while a Nov'01 is still pending for no known reason.
Also this Pilot does not in any way address the issue of current backlogs. It most certainly would create more backlogs. Not only that as Sheela Murthy has pointed- it may have -ive impact on the future applicants as 140/485 adjucation may deprive them of AC21 privileges.

dsatish I agree with you.

In any case Have a good weekend everybody.

"Thanks for your wondrful advise. I too have a wonderful advise for you . Please do not try to reply to each and every sentense in each and every post. To err is common, to prick others is not common. Frankly, i am not doing this as a tit for tat, or due to some attitude problems. I always want to remind people about one golden principle in this forum : Never get personal, even mildly. "

Ahh, great. Not only do you reply off-topic, but also you accuse me of doing something that you are doing yourself.

If you would have spent time checking the facts, you would have known what the actual reason for the backlog increase of last year was, instead of using it to throw some more oil on the fire.

Obviously, you are more interested in flaming than in facts.

Goodbye, I am unsubscribing from this thread.

ar888

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: ar888

Folks, this forum is not meant for personal attacks. Please keep the discussion on track.

I think this thread is meant for personal attack because of the Nature of this thread.

WHY?
1. Heading of this thread is not only inappropriate but mere speculation.

2. There are people from many diff country visits this forum and some might have just wasted couple of hours just thinking about it. "No GREEN CARD" is some strong words.

As you being the moderator you should have deleted this kind of thread with out substance or let the person know that heading can be changed to something appropriate.

in support of dsatish

in support of dsatish...

I am not sure whether he was speculating or with some info..
when dsatish came up with 80% of adjudicators allocated for pilot program in service centers,
I don't know his bases of his speculation...If I am asked to speculate, I will speculate 100% rather than 80%...Here is my rationality for that speculation...

If you a create a prototype, essentially we need to test some hypothesis: What is the hypothesis behind this pilot program. It can be one of these two.
i) with the current infrastructure, with the new process, can we complete the concurrent filing in 90 days
or
ii) With the new process, how many resources we require to complete the concurrent filing in 90 days.

Now, look at the current scenario...consistently for the last two years, every service center is moving at a pace of one month of processing for every four months..clearly, the petition filing are more that the adjudication ...

If you want to test these hypothesis, you have a create a sample . INS has choosen a full population as a sample when they said that they will accept all the concurrent filers filed after this date till the pilot ends....

So, suppose you want to create a prototype of say airport construction, what you do...your sizes should be proportional...right...that is if the model aeroplane size is 1/1000 th of the original size, then the model airport appropriately has to be 1/1000 of that... now, here in the pilot project , the size of the sample is the actual population....

So, the positive scenario for us is that they are testing the first scenario as that would mean they are alloting the equal number of persons that are currently used for adjudication of 485 for this case...if they are testing for the second hypothesis, essentially that means they have to allot more than the current number( as our experience tells us it is not moving on a month to month basis)....

There can be third option...the third option is that they will consider a sample by considering only a fraction of petitions filed daily so that they can use less resources for it...again how they select that fraction ....may be another "lotto" will be in place....

If they are not doing any of the above three scenarios....then essentially, they are not testing any pilot program....they are just freaking and we are thinking that they are doing something with good intentions....

So, what do you think they might be doing in this pilot programs...
I urge you to think and come up with your ideas...

-rajum

Status
Not open for further replies.