No Green Cards this year if your I140 is already approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
GC_NC123,
Sometimes people in their excitement or disappointment, create catchy titles. Look at the title Rajiv has chosen for this disussion in the Complaint forum ("So Have we finally won the Lawsuit"). I think that my fist post is very much clear that i am attacking US CIS for their new procedures and telling every one that it will slow down the processing. Every one is entitled to post his opinions and to choose his title. I don't think that it is such a bad title as you make it to be. You can definitely suggest me that the title should have been different. Another thing is no one can change the title of a thread, once it is crated. Otherwise, atleast to please you, i could have changed it :D
I am perfectly talking about immigration issue that affects each and every member here. This forum is not just about knowing who is approved today or to know how to apply for EAD. It is a open discussion forum to discuss issues related to I485 and i have every right to start this discussion. You can't try to throw some body out just because you didn't like his post. If you don't like it, ignore it.
I don't think i have wasted hours of people's time. After reading my opening post, people have a choice whether to revisit this thread or just ignore me. I have not presented any false info here. I made it very clear that it is my opinion.

PS: Forgive my typo errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dstaish.
I think your heading and Mr. Rajiv title does not imply the same Catch.

Your Heading is a nightmare and Mr. Rajiv Heading is kind of question and people will definitely read it to know what happened to the Lawsuit.

if you can't see the diff then you need Help for sure.

Your First post in this thread is not an opinion but you describe it as a Fact. Please read your own Post again for God sake. I am getting tired making you read your own stuff. Are you losing memory also..

I know this forum is not for approved thread only but it’s also not for wasting people’s time with speculations.

can moderator change the heading? I think they can? Just my opinion. thats why I asked this question to ar888.

I am not trying to throw you out, that’s not my job.

GC_NC123,
Now, i have added some note at the beginning of my first post in this thread (<<Sorry for the catchy title. I mean to say that the process will become slow. The following is my opinion only>>).

Even though I am a "junior member", I've been reading this website for several years. I have to say, reading this whole thread was a waste of my time. It was definitely worth mentioning this memo on this thread as it MIGHT affect us; however, spreading panick around and firing everybody up for no obvious reason won't help anybody. It's just a memo, for crying out loud, and I haven't seen anything mind-blowing in it either.

Let's help each other deal with this stress in our lives, not multiply it!

Dsantish, please be mindful of other people's feelings in the future; this way we can keep personal attacks to a minimum.

I have to get back to my life now. Have a great weekend, y'all!!

Mike
EB3
ND 03/11/02
FP 04/25/03

I really don't know why so many people are going nuts about this title. I actually agree with dsatish that under the new circumstances it is not likely that I (a Feb 2002 flier with an approved 140) will get my GC this year.
Please stop taking everything so literally.

Originally posted by GC_NC123
Dstaish.
I know this forum is not for approved thread only but it’s also not for wasting people’s time with speculations.
can moderator change the heading? I think they can? Just my opinion. thats why I asked this question to ar888.

Though it is a speculation...that can be very much in the realm of possibilities if I take the spirit behind it...one need not take a literal meaning in that speculation...it means that they will not be many approvals for people who I-140 is already approved...if one takes literal meaning, then god can only help that person

Moderator can change the heading...but why should he ? The heading is very much in the civilized language...and it does not hurt anyone personally...

only thing this heading might do is that it might increase the insecurity levels in the person....but at the same time, it is better for someone to come in terms with reality...we all internally carry some kind of optimism that USCIS with its magical wand approve all the cases by tomorrow and if not all the cases at least my case by tomorrow... this heading hurts that sensibility and is a sure disappointment....

-rajum

Never the less, i am pained by some of the negative comments from some people here . Seems like people can't take negative opinions even about US CIS. I thought that every body thinks negatively about US CIS (because of the problems we are facing)and that's why i have taken liberty to choose a grossly negative title and subject because of the implications of new pilot projects and new Memo. I will keep it in mind about some people's dislike for negative views.
Good Luck to all.

Project Kashmir is scanning all I-485 cases filed since August 2001 at the CSC.
The CSC had issued RFEs to 400 WAC03 cases in March 2004, and have already approved 200 WAC03 cases in April as of 4/20/2004.
I believe this trend is based on the CSC Pilot Program and/or the Concurrent Adjudication of Fujie's Memo.

On the other hand, the CSC I-485 processing date is 1/30/2002, and the CSC has adjudicated only 450 cases filed in or before January 2002 this month.
Also, the CSC has totally ignored I-485 cases filed between February 2002 and July 2002.
You can see this trend clearly at a couple of longwait_2001's threads in the CSC forum.

The CSC forum will put pressure on the CSC through Congressional offices.

I think the VSC forum members should support dsatish and take the action before it's too late.
Don't trust USCIS and VSC.

what dsatish said might be of some speculation.

however, long time waiters will get really uncomfortable once you see people filed 1 or 2 year later than you get approved before you. and this trend is coming.

CIS are known to mess people's lives, so we should make effort to prevent bad things happen to long-time suffered people any more. it's simply unfair.

peace, people, it's CIS who makes our lives miserable.

Implementation of Memo

is grounds for a discrimination suit against USCIS? In one of the other threads about the suit filed against USCIS, someone's asked whether they can sue them for discrimination. Rajiv pointed out that there was no clear grounds for that allegation.
However, I believe with this new development, they are clearly discriminating against those who are waiting for adjudications for 1 or 2 years by favoring those who file concurrently AFTER April 30, 2004. Since the courts interpret the laws literally without grounds for common sense frequently, would it be a definition of discrimination? I wonder....
Can some legal-eagle please clarify this? Rajiv, your comments would certainly help here.

I don't think the title was at all inappropriate. It may be catchy. The titles are menat to be catchy. Title or not. The content is fine.
This whole discusssion proves there are alot of people (incl me)- have time to spend on this.

All said and done the GC will take its own time- it is sort of luck of the draw.

So Don't Worry Be Happy. Its friday get a drink and have fun.

I was planning to donate some amount to immigrationportal,but i thought why should i do that,collecting my money immigrationportal.org may fight for backlogs but INS may decide to bring out new memos like these (as we are fighting for backlogs)and they are going to delay my case eventually?i may be selfish but i want to get a benefit for myself then only i will have sometime to think about others?When i myself is worried i cannot think about future filers.I don't know what made INS to bring these kind of memos,being a early 2002 filer after seeing this post i am not happy ,i have lost my hope that i am going to get my green card in another 2 years,it is so depressing to see these type of post,but the fact might be true.Only God Knows.

Can someone change the title please?May be it's true,but i don't want to see this title again and again.

I may be junior member but i am visiting this site for a long time.

Give Dsatish a break

Come on Guys give Dsatish a break!!!!!

Instead of fighting among ourselves fight with USCIS discrimnation.
It was just a comment. This MEMO is of some concern and may cause us all problems. Instead of debating whether Dsatish is right or wrong, lets get together and lend our support to somebody who is willing to fight for us. United we can do something and if we keep debating ourselves, we will be seeing more MEMO's like this in near future and we will be nothing to do about it.

At least dsatish has no selfish motive in all this and is trying to do something to help all of us.

Peace Guys!!!!!!

Since no more useful discussion is taking place in this thread, i suggest to every one that let's bury it. Just let this thread go to back pages. I guess the majority view is to wait and watch and let's go by that. Ofcourse, nothing stops from me or any one else to start a Email campaign or Fax campaign on this issue. But that can be done in separate threads.
Have a nice week-end to all. Let's put this thread to rest

ar888,
You may please close this thread. People may start another thread (with a milder title) if they want discussion. Please close this one.

Originally posted by kashmir
Project Kashmir is scanning all I-485 cases filed since August 2001 at the CSC.
The CSC had issued RFEs to 400 WAC03 cases in March 2004, and have already approved 200 WAC03 cases in April as of 4/20/2004.
I believe this trend is based on the CSC Pilot Program and/or the Concurrent Adjudication of Fujie's Memo.

On the other hand, the CSC I-485 processing date is 1/30/2002, and the CSC has adjudicated only 450 cases filed in or before January 2002 this month.
Also, the CSC has totally ignored I-485 cases filed between February 2002 and July 2002.
You can see this trend clearly at a couple of longwait_2001's threads in the CSC forum.

The CSC forum will put pressure on the CSC through Congressional offices.

I think the VSC forum members should support dsatish and take the action before it's too late.
Don't trust USCIS and VSC.
The above numbers are based on the fact.
Actually, at the CSC forum this week, more WAC-03 approvals have been reported than WAC-02 approvals.

I am not sure about the current status at the VSC.
However, it is not difficult to conjecture that the VSC would follow the CSC.

Good luck and have a nice weekend.

Your prediction may be correct when you go back and see how CIS processed all applicants. There is no wonder, you could see it now itself. For example, applicants filed during year 2004 received their FP eventhough there are applicants waiting in the queue since 2003.

As we all know getting I140/FP is not our goal, and only I485 matters. So lets assume CIS ( NSC) starts doing I140/I485 adjucations simultaneosly on Apr 30,2004 and hopefully you will see more I485 approvals in the first week of May 2004.

From the approval list, we will figure out how CIS adjucating all I485 cases and take it from there. The problem starts only if CIS approving year 2003 cases instead of approving applicants waiting since year 2002.

Originally posted by dsatish
<<Sorry for the catchy title. I mean to say that the process will become slow. The following is my opinion only>>
I hope that every one is aware of the new Memo from USCIS which introduces separate processing for concurrent filers (does not apply if their I140 is cleared). There are varied interpretation of this Memo but a majority of the people, including Sheila Murty, feels that this will drastically slow down the adjudication of those cases whose I140 is approved. This is a dangerous policy. Please note that CSC has started new pilot project for EB I1485 applicants to approve the concurrent filers within 90 days and NSC started a pilot project to approve the concurrent filers within 75 days. Where do this leave the people whose I140 is approved and I485 is pending for a long time ? Obviuosly they are not going to hire new people (A hiring freeze is already ordered officially). So they are going to take most (I would say 80%) of the adjudicators from the I485 division and put them in the pilot projects and the non pilot concurrent adjudication process. Because the timelines are very short (75 days and 90 days), they will be under great pressure to meet the timelines and that’s why I am saying that 80% of the adjudicators will work on those products. So the waiting time might increase to 3+ yrs for all non concurrent filers.
Another danger looming at us, is the availability of Visa numbers. Because the pilot projects approve large number of people within very short time, vey soon we will run out of this year’s quota for EB green cards (140,000 is the quota per year). Then they will stop processing our cases. This is all scary. I hope that this is not a conspiracy.They are coming up with totally ridiculous and brainless policies.
WHAT SHALL WE DO NOW ? SHALL WE PREPARE A PETITION AND COLLECT SIGNATURES AND SEND IT TO USCIS DIRECTORS AND ALL CONGRESS MEN ? ANY OTHER OPTIONS ? FAX / EMAIL CAMPAIGNS ?
CAN SOME OF YOU COME UP WITH SAMPLE TEXT FOR PETITION / EMAIL ?
Please discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.