No Green Cards this year if your I140 is already approved

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsatish

Registered Users (C)
<<Sorry for the catchy title. I mean to say that the process will become slow. The following is my opinion only>>
I hope that every one is aware of the new Memo from USCIS which introduces separate processing for concurrent filers (does not apply if their I140 is cleared). There are varied interpretation of this Memo but a majority of the people, including Sheila Murty, feels that this will drastically slow down the adjudication of those cases whose I140 is approved. This is a dangerous policy. Please note that CSC has started new pilot project for EB I1485 applicants to approve the concurrent filers within 90 days and NSC started a pilot project to approve the concurrent filers within 75 days. Where do this leave the people whose I140 is approved and I485 is pending for a long time ? Obviuosly they are not going to hire new people (A hiring freeze is already ordered officially). So they are going to take most (I would say 80%) of the adjudicators from the I485 division and put them in the pilot projects and the non pilot concurrent adjudication process. Because the timelines are very short (75 days and 90 days), they will be under great pressure to meet the timelines and that’s why I am saying that 80% of the adjudicators will work on those products. So the waiting time might increase to 3+ yrs for all non concurrent filers.
Another danger looming at us, is the availability of Visa numbers. Because the pilot projects approve large number of people within very short time, vey soon we will run out of this year’s quota for EB green cards (140,000 is the quota per year). Then they will stop processing our cases. This is all scary. I hope that this is not a conspiracy.They are coming up with totally ridiculous and brainless policies.
WHAT SHALL WE DO NOW ? SHALL WE PREPARE A PETITION AND COLLECT SIGNATURES AND SEND IT TO USCIS DIRECTORS AND ALL CONGRESS MEN ? ANY OTHER OPTIONS ? FAX / EMAIL CAMPAIGNS ?
CAN SOME OF YOU COME UP WITH SAMPLE TEXT FOR PETITION / EMAIL ?
Please discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you come up with "80% of adjudicators for pilot projects" ? Has INS published anything to this effect ?

I believe pilot projects would consider only a few months cases and the adjudicators assigned won't hamper ongoing adjudications. We don't even know how many people in the service centers take care of adjudications.

His post.

This poster is FULL of Speculations. It does not provide any new information but creat chaos.

No matter how, I really dont think USCIS would eventually perform in the way he said.

Take it easy

No offense dsatish. You are on a panicky mode. Patience is virtue. Lets wait and see how things will fan out.

dsatish
Looking at the heading of your thread, at first I thought of calling my attorney to cancel my I-140 immediately so that I can obtain a Green Card.
Digestable, because it is Freaky Friday!!!:p :p :p :p

Originally posted by bhankas

I believe pilot projects would consider only a few months cases and the adjudicators assigned won't hamper ongoing adjudications.

Where did you come up with the info that pilot projects will only consider a few months cases ? Just as you believed on the safer side, i believed on the worse side. Most of the interpretation of new memo and pilot projects indicate that things are going to get tough for non concurrent cases (all the cases with approved I140). Why do you think that "adjudicators assigned to pilot projects won't hamper ongoing adjudication" ? THey are not hiring any new adjudicators. Every experiment they do, will hurt us.

Link to Sheila Murthy's interpretation :
http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html#1

Link to discussion on complaint Forum :
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=122817

I think we should have signature campaign or a petition to SC directors and congressmen. It doesnt hurt.

What say, guys?

dsatish:::

Your generosity in this case is not countable. As we are all know USCIS is a legacies system then any other governmental system in the whole world.

By reading two pages or by instructing in a two pages of memo will not affect much.

The memo is totally unclear how they are going to handle the cases which are all pending until April 30. Let us wait and see.

dSatish :
No offense, I only wanted to distinguish my "opinions" from your "speculation". I wouldn't quote any numbers unless they have been published or the findings of a survey.

A pilot project is what its meant to be..."pilot"... having a fixed duration. Thats why I said I "believed" it would not call for a lot of resources.

Peace !!!

Events

Guys,
Everybody has an opinion and he/she is entitled to one.
We are not the only ones discussing all these.
Beyond any fiction or fact, BACKLOGS still exist and there is nothing in the horizon to solve it.

Need to contact strategic people, lawyers, congressmen, organisations and law firms that are somehow in these discussions. Here are four upcoming events that present an opportunity to do so.

1:ACIP conference:
http://www.acip.com/acipweb.nsf/Con...26?OpenDocument

2: Center for Migration Studies
NYC Conference:

http://www.cmsny.org/27th-annual.htm

3: AILA Conference
AILA Conference in Philly.

http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.a...4,172,1948,4497

4: AILA Event
Tuesday, May 4, 2004:
Strategies to Deal with
Severe Backlogs

Is this pilot program going to be implementd in VSC. I have not seen any reference to that. I hope not.

How can the Pilot benfit the current/pending filers? It would be harmful to the current/pending filers - who are already waiting for a long time. The issue has been how to resolve backlog and the solution seems to be forget the backlog. Let us see how we can fasten things in the future.

If the number 80% is correct- the number of adjucators that would be diverted to this pilot- then all current/pending filers(long waiting)-would obviously suffer. There seems to be no end date specified for the pilot- it can possibly be indefinite.

This $&^#@* must be stopped. It would be detrimental to the interests of all pending filers.

Sorry If i am wrong there is no mention of already approved I-140
on murthys website but she talks about the current application which will be filed concurrently will be approved together so this leads to a great delay in I-140 processing and not be able to use AC21

Not sure where it was that there will be no GC for already approved I-140 cases

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newpro.html

There has been a significant change in the way that the USCIS Service Centers will process concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases. In a March 31, 2004 memorandum (Ohata Memo), Fujie Ohata, Director of Service Center Operations, issued instructions to the Service Center Directors regarding certain procedural changes. Under the new procedures, a concurrently filed I-140/I-485 should be adjudicated together. Previously, the I-140 was reviewed on an initial, cursory level simply to identify any clearly frivolous cases. The I-140 was then adjudicated independently, without regard for the processing of the I-485. The cursory, or prima facie, review was performed to avoid improper receipt of the benefits of the I-485 filing, including obtaining an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or Advance Parole (AP). Under this Memo, concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases will be processed and adjudicated simultaneously.

Proccesing will speed up

According to my interpretation:

Concurrent filers will get I485 adj if and only IF both 140 and 485 are cleared. We know how that goes... Security checks are taking forever... They did not mention removal of any steps in between like security checks finger printing etc... these take time SO
i think non concurent filers like us and people who already filed at least a few months back will see the light at the end of the tunnel faster than the concurrent filers who will file now...

Just my opinion.

I believe dsatish

This is because of the various policies that get implemented without thinking and further screw up the backlog.
what happened because of the concurrent filing that started in July 02. backlogs went from 1 yr to more than 2 yrs.
whats going to happen when perm labor kicks in and this pilot project starts. anyone who ever filed their 140 before april 30 can then wait for ages ( in the meantime new policies will come in and people will be reassigned away from regular I-485s) and probably their kids will sponsor them when they turn 18.
In the meantime what we can expect is to work at the same level (do not work too hard else you might get a promotion), doing the same job duties. Essentially allow your intelligence to stagnate. :mad:

Re: His post.

Originally posted by quail
This poster is FULL of Speculations. It does not provide any new information but creat chaos.

No matter how, I really dont think USCIS would eventually perform in the way he said.

I am not surprised at seeing this type of comments from some one who has just joined this forum and is ignorant of the latest news

I disagree with the people who are taking this issue lightly. We have a huge backlog of cases where 140 has already been approved and 485 was not filed concurrently. I would like to see INS come up with a pilot program to first deal with these backlogs before skipping one generation and even attempting to come up with a solution for the next. The whole concept of FIFO will be destroyed and people who have been waiting 2+ years will be screwed!

I agree that a pilot program does not imply whole sale adoption, but the sheer fact that they are even thinking about it is bad news for the other people waiting.

I think we need to take some concrete action to enforce INS to come up with pilot programs that fix the current problem as compared to tackling others, and ignoring the majority of the old timers.

And a request out to the people who seem to be making personal attacks, please take it easy, attack the idea not the person posting the idea.

Originally posted by bhankas
dSatish :
No offense, I only wanted to distinguish my "opinions" from your "speculation".
Peace !!!

I am not arguing with you :) . Just forgot to type the smilies.
Is it not common for people to think that their thoughts are "opinions" and others thoughts are "speculations" ? :p
BTW, you owe me a PM.

PS: The 80% figure is just random. It onlyreflects my personal fury at being neglected. Never the less, i strongly believe that more than half of the adjudicators might be shifted for these pilot projects and non pilot concurrent adjudication product just introduced through the monster Memo.

C'mon...be realistic

What this memo really means is that 140's are going to be approved at 485s'speed not viceversa. No more AC21.

Status
Not open for further replies.