No Green Cards this year if your I140 is already approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dsatish

I can't resist replying on this.

Do you have something against new members? I think new member can better interpret the Memo then you so called "Senior Member".

STOP Converting Speculation into Facts.

One more thing you are making people more panic instead of helping them. I don't think that’s the motto of "Senior Members" here.

This is not the first Speculated mail came out from you, there are many. so better do something constructive them spreading rumor.

FIRST READ THE MEMO CAREFULLY!!.

if you need the interpreter then I can offer my service free of cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by alsowaiting
Read the pdf fact sheet from here http://www.ilw.com/lawyers/immigdaily/news/2004,0422-infopass.shtm

This looks like it will all be done in the district offices, and afaik, that is a different office than the service centers that are now processing all I485's. Hence, I am tempted to conclude that this will actually speed up I485-EB processing.

The Employment Based I140 and I485 are filed ONLY at the 4 service Centers, NOT at district offices. The new memo talks about Employment based applications. I140 is only for EB categoty.

What

is not clear is how the following two scenarios are going to be handled:

1) Non-concurrent I-140, I-148 with I-140 approved and I-485 pending

2)Concurrent I-140/I-1485 with I-140 approved and I-485 pending

I read the memo few times and it does talk about concurrently filed applications. It really did not address pending I-1485 case, be it filed concurrently or not. The memo talks about the processing times, guidelines, etc.

We all know dSatish has good intentions, but in his/her desperation to express his views and act immediately, he/she fails to realize his opionions/speculations/findings are not exactly helping.

I am not convinced applicants with pending I-1485 will be affected or be given a lower priority. For all we know, they may clear all the backlogs and then start with the policies in the memo.

This forum is getting a reputation of 'USCIS bashing' under the cover of expressing "frustrations, etc...". Btw, who is happy with the processing times any way. If we all had our way, we all feel we deserve it and should get it the moment we apply. That is nothing but wishful thinking.

I thought this forum is meant to get information related to immigration.

I heard three WWW's Which you never trust.......
Now USCIS is the fourth one. It is one of worst organization in the world. Their only aim is to create more and more troubles for the immigrants. These polices aim to raise more and more money without providing any service.
I think Uncle Sam want to raise money to provide support to their ongoing foreign policies.

ag28, dsatish

ag28

"what happened because of the concurrent filing that started in July 02. backlogs went from 1 yr to more than 2 yrs."

I think that is coincidental, news has come out some time ago that the service centers (at least TSC, I'm assuming also the others) had been ordered last year to re-process the last three years of all types of visa applications using the new more security-intensive process, and that resulted in the increase of the backlog that happened last year.

dsatish

"The Employment Based I140 and I485 are filed ONLY at the 4 service Centers, NOT at district offices. The new memo talks about Employment based applications. I140 is only for EB categoty."

Hmm, interesting the district office memo is for I130 applicants, than this one is for I140 applicants but then at the service center. Is it a coincidence that these memo's are released so close to each other?

I just got the murtybulletin email with the I140 service-center memo, and I see no reference to the '90 days processing time' that is mentioned for the I130 district-office memo. Actually, it looks to me more like the I140 service-center memo will result in delayed I140 processing for new filers before it will result in anything else.

Re: Dsatish

Originally posted by GC_NC123
I can't resist replying on this.

Do you have something against new members? I think new member can better interpret the Memo then you so called "Senior Member".

STOP Converting Speculation into Facts.

One more thing you are making people more panic instead of helping them. I don't think that’s the motto of "Senior Members" here.

This is not the first Speculated mail came out from you, there are many. so better do something constructive them spreading rumor.

FIRST READ THE MEMO CAREFULLY!!.

if you need the interpreter then I can offer my service free of cost.

GC_NC,
Would you please quote the so called speculations made by me before ? As i said before to Bhankas, people like you think that your thoughts are "opinions" and others thoughts are "speculations". Correct that biased thinking and you will not see any more "speculations". Every one is entitled to his opinions. Learn to repsect that instead of offering your free servces to those who do not fall in your line of thinking. Try to challenge the posting on its merits, in a logical way and stay away from other comments.
Regarding your questions 'if i have anything against the new members', let me explain. We are asking why BCIS is starting pilot projects to speedier adjudication of recent cases than older cases. This is similar to a person standing in the front pile of the queue asking the officers about why they are calling some body from the back of the queue. I hope you understood our problem.

To others,
The pilot projects and the new procedures will result in shifting of man power. The main cause for curent delays is lack of sufficient man power and the further shifting of man power will cut down the speed further. I am also worried about the visa quota being exhausted by the pilot projects and concurrent projects. I am so pissed off by the new projects and saw the same anger with many people in the complaint forum, i wanted to start some group action to convey our feelings to US CIS. That's why i have created this thread with a fiery title. Those who believe in my argument should join me in the fight against pilot projects and new procedures. Others are most welcome to give their opinions, but please stay away from the arrogant ways of saying so . Let us give respect and take respect.

PS: I have deleted some of the stronger words i have used for 'GC_NC' so as to maintain some decency.

dsatish is correct

The pilot program should be to reduce backlog already existing, not for the people who did not even apply yet. This policy is not based on good intend. The common sense says it is nothing but retaliation on a group of 485filers for initiating the litigation against USCIS. The processing for the concurrently filed cases will definitely take away significant resources form already slow old 485 processing line.

Thanks,

Ravi

If you don't follow SBCTSUBLC's I-485 VSC report please follow that:
VSC I485 Fiscal Yr 2002 - Progress Scan Reports
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87455

VSC 485 Fiscal Year 2003 Progress Reports
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110394

Actually the processing speed has increased(about 50%) especially for 2001/2002 cases during last 2 or 3 weeks.
Eventhough the processing speed has increased at VSC it will not reduce backlog since about 30% to 50% of the cases were transferred to local office.

Last year every now and then we used to see messages that processing speed will increase in next two months but never happened. Everyone has right to speculate or interpret their own way. So let's not fight who is right who is wrong. The bottom line is backlog was not reduced, and also do you any hopes that backlog will be reduced in the near future. To add to the backlog problem random processing is another problem which most of us finding it difficult to accept.

Instead of whining here, please join hands to fight the problem. The problem was not solved since we never joined hands to address any of our own issues. For example consider the support for class action lawsuit only about 1300 signed eventhough there are about 1.2 milion pending I-485.

Originally posted by Ravi Jain
The pilot program should be to reduce backlog already existing, not for the people who did not even apply yet. This policy is not based on good intend. The common sense says it is nothing but retaliation on a group of 485filers for initiating the litigation against USCIS. The processing for the concurrently filed cases will definitely take away significant resources form already slow old 485 processing line.

Thanks,

Ravi

I don't think CIS has any intention to retaliate. Frankly speaking, only 1300 signatures to support class action lawsuit,we don't have support of our own community, so this doesn't qualify for any retaliation.

Re: Re: Dsatish

I carefully read the memo for several times, but still couldnt sense what Dastish felt.

Dont understand why 'junior member' makes such big deal to you.

Btw, I have to mention 'older' or socalled 'senior' (or maybe simply self-deemed senior) could NOT exclude someone from being ignorant either.

Originally posted by dsatish
GC_NC,
Would you please quote the so called speculations made by me before ? As i said before to Bhankas, people like you think that your thoughts are "opinions" and others thoughts are "speculations". Correct that biased thinking and you will not see any more "speculations". Every one is entitled to his opinions. Learn to repsect that instead of offering your free servces to those who do not fall in your line of thinking. Try to challenge the posting on its merits, in a logical way and stay away from other comments.
Regarding your questions 'if i have anything against the new members', that is a stupid question reflecting your stupid way of thinking (sorry for giving something back to you, i can't resist). We are asking why BCIS is starting pilot projects to speedier adjudication of recent cases than older cases. This is similar to a person standing in the front pile of the queue asking the officers about why they are calling some body from the back of the queue. Obviously you don't seem to have this simple comprehensive logic.

To others,
The pilot projects and the new procedures will result in shifting of man power. The main cause for curent delays is lack of sufficient man power and the further shifting of man power will cut down the speed further. I am also worried about the visa quota being exhausted by the pilot projects and concurrent projects. I am so pissed off by the new projects and saw the same anger with many people in the complaint forum, i wanted to start some group action to convey our feelings to US CIS. That's why i have created this thread with a fiery title. Those who believe in my argument should join me in the fight against pilot projects and new procedures. Others are most welcome to give their opinions, but please stay away from the stupid ways of saying so as did this "GC_NC" guy. Let us give respect and take respect.

dsatish,
I think we have to wait and see how things proceed for non-concurrent as well as concurrent processing.
I read the memo 2,3 times but did not get a feeling of what you think.
But, the heading of your thread(No Green Cards this year if your I140 is already approved), is quite intimidating.It looks like a verdict, rather than an opinion.
That zz the reason you're being tossed around , even though you expressed your opinion.
But hey, after all , this is a discussion forum and good you started a recent interesting topic.

vascan

I hope that every one is aware of the new Memo from USCIS which introduces separate processing for concurrent filers (does not apply if their I140 is cleared). There are varied interpretation of this Memo but a majority of the people, including Sheila Murty, feels that this will drastically slow down the adjudication of those cases whose I140 is approved. This is a dangerous policy. Please note that CSC has started new pilot project for EB I1485 applicants to approve the concurrent filers within 90 days and NSC started a pilot project to approve the concurrent filers within 75 days. Where do this leave the people whose I140 is approved and I485 is pending for a long time ? Obviuosly they are not going to hire new people (A hiring freeze is already ordered officially). So they are going to take most (I would say 80%) of the adjudicators from the I485 division and put them in the pilot projects and the non pilot concurrent adjudication process. Because the timelines are very short (75 days and 90 days), they will be under great pressure to meet the timelines and that’s why I am saying that 80% of the adjudicators will work on those products. So the waiting time might increase to 3+ yrs for all non concurrent filers.
Another danger looming at us, is the availability of Visa numbers. Because the pilot projects approve large number of people within very short time, vey soon we will run out of this year’s quota for EB green cards (140,000 is the quota per year). Then they will stop processing our cases. This is all scary. I hope that this is not a conspiracy.They are coming up with totally ridiculous and brainless policies.
WHAT SHALL WE DO NOW ? SHALL WE PREPARE A PETITION AND COLLECT SIGNATURES AND SEND IT TO USCIS DIRECTORS AND ALL CONGRESS MEN ? ANY OTHER OPTIONS ? FAX / EMAIL CAMPAIGNS ?
CAN SOME OF YOU COME UP WITH SAMPLE TEXT FOR PETITION / EMAIL ?
Please discuss.

Re: Re: No Green Cards this year if your I140 is already approved

WELL SAID. TOTALLY AGREE!

Originally posted by vascan
dsatish,
I think we have to wait and see how things proceed for non-concurrent as well as concurrent processing.
But, the heading of your thread(No Green Cards this year if your I140 is already approved), is quite intimidating.It looks like a verdict, rather than an opinion.
That zz the reason you're being tossed around , even though you expressed your opinion.
But hey, after all , this is a discussion forum and good you started a recent interesting topic.

vascan

Empty Promises

I think from past USCIS/INS experience, this 90 day con-current filing PILOT/REGULAR etc will also start a new "CONCURRENT BACKLOG" in addtion to the existing 1.2 million backlogs. Manpower is limited, New applications have only marginally dropped and "so-called" security issues are still applicable. Remains to be seen which of the 2 backlogs will be cleared first. Commonsense dictates FIFO but we cannot accuse this bureaucracy of having it:). Being an "old" backlogger i think the concurrent guys will have the added hassle of not being able to use AC21 (my assumption, lets see what USCIS says on this issue).
Secondly I was under the impression that "GC Quotas" are basically I140 quota, which means once I have an approved I140 i have been allocated a visa # and am just waiting for them to "adjust" my status. DSATISH I dont think the "quota will be exhausted for ppl with "approved" I140's but maybe Rajiv can shed more light on this matter. I think there are more than 140,000 approved I140's awaiting "I-485" so I dont know what happens to the next person whose I140 is approved and his 485 comes up for adjudication, if in the "current" year they already reach 140,000 GC adjudications.
ANYWAYS, WE SHOULD contribute funds and make a concerted effort to get USCIS, Congress and Media to give us play. Lets open our wallets and get the ball rolling.
Thanks!

Re: Re: No Green Cards this year if your I140 is already approved

Originally posted by vascan
dsatish,

vascan

Hi vascan,
When i created the thread, i know that some people with lesser patience will toss me around. I would like to tell one thing. You should not read word to word for a meaning. The title of my thread will be totally a joke if i were to mean it literally. No wonder some of the cooler senior members like Munna Bhai got it as TGIF and hotter senior members like GC_NC offered to teach me how to read.
Now let me explain why, knowlingly, i have put this title to this thread. I wanted people to discuss this issue seriously/ heatedly and understand the pros and cons of it because if a majority think that it will have bad impact on us (which i truly believe), then we got to do something now, than later.
The Memo as it is does not mention any timelines for the new combined product and as such some people do not see that as threatening. But when you see the timing of this Memo, coming around the same time as the 3 month approval pilot projects for concurrent cases, then it leads me to believe that USCIS is going to apply the results of the pilot projects to speeden up the rest of the concurrently filed cases. I really appreciate them for atlast taking their first step towards reducing the backlogs, but at the same time, i am frightened by the ways they have choosen . Even Rajiv and Sheila Murthy have suggested that the new procedure could affect old cases (those with I140 approved). We are already going through the hell, and i thought that we can't take any more. That's why i have brought this serious discussion up.
Hope you all understood this.

Re: Re: Re: Dsatish

Originally posted by quail
I carefully read the memo for several times, but still couldnt sense what Dastish felt.

Dont understand why 'junior member' makes such big deal to you.

Btw, I have to mention 'older' or socalled 'senior' (or maybe simply self-deemed senior) could NOT exclude someone from being ignorant either.

My dear friend,
I am not such a narrow minded person to discriminate between senior and junior persons. You just came out with an allegation against me and it is clear from that post that you haven't seen the discussion on the Memo in the complaint forum. More over, once you are in this forum for certain time, you will understand people better. I certainly can't accept some one registering yesterday and calling me "This poster is doing this and that ...".
We better not pass personal comments.

Chill...

Guys..
chill out.. I think a memo is going to be followed by a lot of clarifications from the USCIS . I think since there are no clear cut guidelines, everybody is touch..So just chill out. and learn what the entire process has taught us..Patience :).. :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dsatish

i dont mean to offend anybody here, while we are fighting for same thing.

if i did say something wrong by accident, i appologize.

My dear friend,
I am not such a narrow minded person to discriminate between senior and junior persons. You just came out with an allegation against me and it is clear from that post that you haven't seen the discussion on the Memo in the complaint forum. More over, once you are in this forum for certain time, you will understand people better. I certainly can't accept some one registering yesterday and calling me "This poster is doing this and that ...".
We better not pass personal comments.

CIS is yet to pass the regulation for the law enacted in 2000. So I don't think we can expect the regulation in near future for any memo sent out this week.

Facts

Guys,

dsatish has a point, but his breaking news may have been a bit on the FOX kind of news......
There was a some smoke on the Eiffel tower in France, a while ago and the FOX breaking news in big RED letters was saying "PARIS ON FIRE"!!!!!
It sure grabbed my attention. Way to go, dsatish, that is how the media manipulates the masses!!

Having said that is true that all these pilots are coming from the Ombudsman (I guess) and will further confuse/delay the adjudication process for GCs. There is only a fixed number of adjudicators, around 4000 and 1000 of them are doing Security Checks. So any additional number allocated to anything else new, it will worsen the backlogs. These experiments with high hopes should have been managed differently, beyond the current capacities. Another example is the FPs. I called my Congreessman's office (Gerlach)today and I asked about twenty questions. There was almost no answer. There is a backlog in the FP process with the Application Centers. I guess all these con-current experimental applicants should be FP FIRST and so the FIFO loses out again. A fairer way should have been to adjudicate FIRST in a FIFO manner all I-485 with an approved I-140 and then move to the con-current applications, and/or just by Notice Date.
As far as increasing participation in the forum and activities, need to advertise in other forums and places.

Here is why I think that the pilot projects and the new concurrent procedures will affect the rest of us (non concurrent cases).

1) When ever USCIS gives priority to certain products, it invariably resulted in shifting of man power and we are the sufferers always. We never got the attention where as TPS, Religious Workers etc got their attention . Also when ever some reorganization takes place within INS (when INS merged with DHS), it as caused further delays for us.The new procedures brought by the Memo, will certainly have its overhead in the way of forming new groups, reassigning tasks, changing their internal project plans, changing some systems, changes in reporting structure etc.
2) I don’t think that USCIS will not pull people from current I485 queue. Where else will they get the people to work on the new product ? From several reports, it is obvious that training an adjudicator is a very time consuming process and that’s why I don’t think they will put people from NON- I485 product to work on the new I485 product. Please remember that the new product is I140 + I485. There is of course a small hope for us here. If they put only the people working on I140 to the new product, then we will not be affected. But how do we know about what they are doing ? We will never know until we see the actual results. That way I agree with opinions of some people that we can tell the impact only after seeing the results (infact, this seem to be the majority opinion). For any one who has followed the discussion in the Complaint forum, it must be obvious that my opinion is also same : we can’t tell the effects right now.

But one thing that bothered me deeply is why USCIS has introduced schemes to benefit ONLY the CONCURRENT CASES ? Why they have not made any announcements for the rest of the people ? This is precisely what I want to ask US CIS ? We have every right to know why they are doing favors to the people who filed their cases recently instead of addressing the serious backlog cases ? I am not asking people that let us take guns and go to Vermont. I am suggesting to people that let us send some petition or Email or Fax to US CIS expressing our concerns for being neglected.

Status
Not open for further replies.