No FP notice after receiving NOA

psinNJ

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I want to check if anyone went through a similar exeperience as below.

I applied for N400 in June '07 at VSC but I missed out the biometrics fees. My application was received on July 02nd '07 by USCIS and I got NOA on 26th July '07. This NOA did not mention the missing fees. But I got no FP notice. I called USCIS customer service rep. and they asked to wait 4 weeks for a notice from USCIS to pay the missing FP fees. After 4 weeks when I got no notice, I made an appointment with InfoPass where a USCIS officer asked me to mail in the FP fees with a letter requesting an FP notice. I send in this letter with a check for FP and on Oct. 17th '07 this check was cashed and I got an unofficial yellow receipt from USCIS indicating my FP fees has been accepted. Its almost 8 weeks since then but i still haven't received my FP notice. I fear my case has been misplaced or lost. The online case status just mentions about the initial NOA that was mailed out on July 2nd '07. The USCIS customer service rep. ask me to keep waiting indefinitely for my FP notice. Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks for your help/suggestions in advance.

Hi,

I want to check if anyone went through a similar exeperience as below.

I applied for N400 in June '07 at VSC but I missed out the biometrics fees. My application was received on July 02nd '07 by USCIS and I got NOA on 26th July '07. This NOA did not mention the missing fees. But I got no FP notice. I called USCIS customer service rep. and they asked to wait 4 weeks for a notice from USCIS to pay the missing FP fees. After 4 weeks when I got no notice, I made an appointment with InfoPass where a USCIS officer asked me to mail in the FP fees with a letter requesting an FP notice. I send in this letter with a check for FP and on Oct. 17th '07 this check was cashed and I got an unofficial yellow receipt from USCIS indicating my FP fees has been accepted. Its almost 8 weeks since then but i still haven't received my FP notice. I fear my case has been misplaced or lost. The online case status just mentions about the initial NOA that was mailed out on July 2nd '07. The USCIS customer service rep. ask me to keep waiting indefinitely for my FP notice. Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks for your help/suggestions in advance.

Try calling customer support and ask to speak with immigration officer regarding your case status. If you still don't get anywhere, you can always email the UCSIC ombudsman with a complete history of your case including all the times you have contacted USCIS in the past.

I tried calling a customer rep. and asked to be connected to a Immigration Office but was informed that IO are not available over the phone. I was asked to make an Infopass appointment to speak to an IO.

I tried calling a customer rep. and asked to be connected to a Immigration Office but was informed that IO are not available over the phone. I was asked to make an Infopass appointment to speak to an IO.

Call customer service back, choose option for case upodate, do not have receipt number, and tell them (lie) you didn't receive NOA yet but that check was cashed and wanted to check status. They will then transfer you to IO.

Thank you. I tried this too today. The USCIS customer rep. said the case/receipt no. will be on the cashed check and I can get the receipt no. from this check. Also the rep. said that IO cannot be reached over the phone. I need to schedule an appointment with IO using infopass.

Also the rep. said that IO cannot be reached over the phone. I need to schedule an appointment with IO using infopass.

That is the most blatant lie I've ever heard. Try this: call the customer service number and tell them that you were just on the phone with an IO, but the call was disconnected. That should prompt them to connect you to an IO.

I have a feeling that the reps get some sort of sick enjoyment out of playing games with callers. The only time I had to deal with customer service was a couple of days before I got my receipt, and I called to find out where my receipt was. I was lucky to get a polite southern (judging by the accent) lady on the phone, and she immediately transferred me to an IO.

I called the customer rep. again and made up a tale about getting disconnected while speaking to a IO. She was very nice and asked let me help you. She made a service request to VSC after taking in my details to check why FP notice has not been mailed to me. I was assigned a service no. for reference. She said IO at VSC have 30 days to look into this request and I should check back in 60 days. I've also made at appointment with infopass. Do you think I should keep this appt. and again try to contact the customer rep. and get through an IO?

I called the customer rep. again and made up a tale about getting disconnected while speaking to a IO. She was very nice and asked let me help you. She made a service request to VSC after taking in my details to check why FP notice has not been mailed to me. I was assigned a service no. for reference. She said IO at VSC have 30 days to look into this request and I should check back in 60 days. I've also made at appointment with infopass. Do you think I should keep this appt. and again try to contact the customer rep. and get through an IO?

To my understanding, the IOs that you would reach through customer service have access to pretty much the same information as the IOs who meet with you during InfoPass appointments. The only reason why I'd keep trying to get through to an IO via customer service is to save myself a trip to the DO. Otherwise, during InfoPass, the IO will be able to look up whether or not the FP notice has been mailed to you. When exactly is your InfoPass? If it's a month or more away, you'll probably receive your FP notice by then.

Thanks all.

I was finally able to get through an IO over the phone. She was a very plesant lady who informed me that my FP notice wasn't mailed as yet although I'm in the queue. I should be receiving the FP notice in a months' time. Keeping fingers crossed!!!!

I'd requested a service request with a NCSC rep. on 12/13/07 inquiring why I'd received nt FP notice as yet. Today I got a response from VSC. It states that the processing of my case is delayed because of background investigation an I should wait 6 months before checking again. Doesn't this usually happen after the FP is done and after the interview? Here I've not even received my FP notice. Anyone else received such a letter from USCIS?

I'd requested a service request with a NCSC rep. on 12/13/07 inquiring why I'd received nt FP notice as yet. Today I got a response from VSC. It states that the processing of my case is delayed because of background investigation an I should wait 6 months before checking again. Doesn't this usually happen after the FP is done and after the interview? Here I've not even received my FP notice. Anyone else received such a letter from USCIS?

LolaLi mentioned the same in another form. Doesn't make sense what USCIS is saying since name check doesn't begin until after FP..or at least that's what you would think.

This is absolutely preposterous! You should scan a copy of the notice and send an e-mail to the ombudsman, including the notice as an attachment. From personal experience, I've established that government agencies are at least somewhat incompetent, but this degree of incompetence is just unacceptable.

Bobsmyth,

Can you please copy the url of the form by LolaLi discussing this issue?

Thank you.

Thanks Bobsmyth for your prompt response. Appreciate it greatly!!

I called NCSC and the rep. transferred me to an IO officer. Upon looking against my alien #, I was informed that a FP notice was on the way and I've been scheduled for Jan. 24 2008. Now this is what I feared. I'm travelling out of country Jan. 23rd 2008 (late evening) and as per the IO officer FP scheduling may take up to 90 days. Do you think I can visit the FP office (in Newark) on 23rd. Jan and request to be finger printed one day prior to the scheduled date? I believe they accept such requests on wednesday. Thanks

I called NCSC and the rep. transferred me to an IO officer. Upon looking against my alien #, I was informed that a FP notice was on the way and I've been scheduled for Jan. 24 2008. Now this is what I feared. I'm travelling out of country Jan. 23rd 2008 (late evening) and as per the IO officer FP scheduling may take up to 90 days. Do you think I can visit the FP office (in Newark) on 23rd. Jan and request to be finger printed one day prior to the scheduled date? I believe they accept such requests on wednesday. Thanks

Sure, check with them if walk ins are possible. Good luck!

How do we check if walk-ins are allowable? The FP notice has no call nos.

I would suggest you show up at office if it's not too far away and ask them is they can accommodate you since you'll be out of the country during schedule appointment.

PsinNJ:
It does not hurt that way. if they can not do it that they will reschedule right then there(if you ask only) for the date that you need.
I did this before with my wifes case.

Thanks altraj.

When (and if) the Newark ASC reschedule my FP appointment, will they give me a new FP appointment notice with the new date? If not what notice will I need to carry with me on the new appointment date?