No Birth Certificate, will affidavits be OK for Interview?

cpzinga

Registered Users (C)
Many have mentioned here that they were asked to show the Birth Cerificate (BC). I never had a BC so I have submitted affidavits for GC processing. Can I show the same for the interview?

Two affidavits as well as letter from local government (from where you were born) indicating that no record exists of your birth are required.

Yeah, thats what I have with me and submitted with my GC application.
Thanks.

Two affidavits as well as letter from local government (from where you were born) indicating that no record exists of your birth are required.

Hello

If possible have documentation that is same (or very similar) to what you submitted with GC. In my interview, IO was cross referencing my documentation submitted for 485

Good luck

For my GC interview, USCIS asked for an affidavit of birth cirtificate--they did not ask for two affidavits or a letter from the local government. Would they accept that affidavit, which is in my I-458 file, or would I need to get extra affidavits and letter from the local government? Will be filing N-400 shortly.

Thanks,
Gino

For my GC interview, USCIS asked for an affidavit of birth cirtificate--they did not ask for two affidavits or a letter from the local government. Would they accept that affidavit, which is in my I-458 file, or would I need to get extra affidavits and letter from the local government? Will be filing N-400 shortly.

Thanks,
Gino

Best to get the standard required documents since just because they accepted the one affidavit for I-485 doesn't automatically mean it will be sufficient for N-400.

I have similar problem.

I submitted my Birth Certificate & Affidavit for my GC process (not sure why I needed both, but I submitted both). Now I can't find my original Birth Certificate any more, I only have affidavit with me. Would it be an issue in my N-400 interview?

- JS.

I was asked BC during my N400 interview and I am not sure what triggers them to ask the candidate for BC and fortunately I carried mine and IO took a copy and kept in their file.

If you have a copy of your BC, that would be fine and I am not sure abt that Affidavit. I seen many people do arrange a BC back home so you might want to try that option too.

I have similar problem.

I submitted my Birth Certificate & Affidavit for my GC process (not sure why I needed both, but I submitted both). Now I can't find my original Birth Certificate any more, I only have affidavit with me. Would it be an issue in my N-400 interview?

- JS.

For those whose BC is not available in local municipality/division/city/village (place of birth) office, they should submit affidavit from both the parents and a formal letter from the concerned office stating that the candidate's BC is not registered or not available.

This is what I have done for my GC processing and planning to take the same for the interview.

I had submitted my original affidavits and Non-availability certificate with my I485 application. I have copies of those. Do i need to get another set for my N400 interview?

I had submitted my original affidavits and Non-availability certificate with my I485 application. I have copies of those. Do i need to get another set for my N400 interview?

No need. you are good. They may not even ask for them.

This is a bizarre thread. Why was it even started? USCIS doesn't ask for your birth certificate in connection with an N-400.