NO 45-DAYS LETTER – POST BEC EMAIL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

labordrags said:
Received an email from my sweetest attorney in the whole planet stating of email response from BEC. BEC has failed to give any reason why 45-days letter has not been transmitted yet, stating that the case is still active in the system under data review. PDS system is another failure to check the status, even by making T to D. I asked him to keep checking if he could do it, but I didn't mention the fact that I check the system almost everyday and get no results. I want him to go nuts to see how he can come up with anything?

This is just to let you guys know that nobec_contact has started sending out email responses.
Thanks for the update. So you have the ETA number, but when you use it in the online status check system, it says your case doesn't exist, is that how it is? That is perplexing, since I would expect it to say Data Review for your case if you have the right case number and what your attorney was informed by BEC is indeed true!

No 45 day letter yet - received response from PBEC

Hi,
We have still not received the 45 day letter for my pending PBEC case. My attorney did send a request to the becnocontact address, but he claims, that he has seen no acknowledgement or response.

Since it is ever so difficult to get the attorney to do something, I sent out another email to the becnocontact address last week. Here is the response that I see this morning:

<>
The Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) has received a request to our “no BEC contact” e-mail address regarding the applicant and alien referenced in your email below.

This e-mail is to inform you that the request is not eligible to be processed based on the procedures posted by the Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) on their website for the reason(s) marked below:

_X__ The BEC received correspondence from the employer or their attorney regarding the application following the BEC’s 45-day Center Receipt Notification Letter (CRNL). This indicates that BEC contact had been received about this application. Please use the PDS system for status checks about the case. Case #: P-05143-xxxxx<>

Does this mean that the becnocontact email is being treated as a 45 day confirmation, and that the BEC is not planning to send out letters to the leftover population?

Gurus, your thoughts on this.

NEverGreen said:
Hi,
We have still not received the 45 day letter for my pending PBEC case. My attorney did send a request to the becnocontact address, but he claims, that he has seen no acknowledgement or response.

Since it is ever so difficult to get the attorney to do something, I sent out another email to the becnocontact address last week. Here is the response that I see this morning:

<>
The Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) has received a request to our “no BEC contact” e-mail address regarding the applicant and alien referenced in your email below.

This e-mail is to inform you that the request is not eligible to be processed based on the procedures posted by the Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) on their website for the reason(s) marked below:

_X__ The BEC received correspondence from the employer or their attorney regarding the application following the BEC’s 45-day Center Receipt Notification Letter (CRNL). This indicates that BEC contact had been received about this application. Please use the PDS system for status checks about the case. Case #: P-05143-xxxxx<>

Does this mean that the becnocontact email is being treated as a 45 day confirmation, and that the BEC is not planning to send out letters to the leftover population?

Gurus, your thoughts on this.
Yes, if your case details are complete in their system, they may have processed the first mail to NOBECCONTACT as the equivalent to 45-day letter. In my case my attorney sent a reopen request when no 45-day letter was received. They had closed my case saying that the 45-day letter was sent but never acknowledged. They treated the reopen request as equivalent to 45-day letter and reopned the case. When I made an inquiry recently they told me that "45-day letter step shows as complete for your case. Case is in active processing queue".

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Yes, if your case details are complete in their system, they may have processed the first mail to NOBECCONTACT as the equivalent to 45-day letter. In my case my attorney sent a reopen request when no 45-day letter was received. They had closed my case saying that the 45-day letter was sent but never acknowledged. They treated the reopen request as equivalent to 45-day letter and reopned the case. When I made an inquiry recently they told me that "45-day letter step shows as complete for your case. Case is in active processing queue".

Hi MA_nonRIR,
My last screenshot from 09/07 still had several unpopulated fields - occ title, occ code and prevailing wage. I do not know, if they were updated later. Would have to ask for another screenshot.

The case is still DATA REVIEW - if all data was populated, it should have moved to IN PROCESS.

Your thoughts.

NEverGreen said:
Hi MA_nonRIR,
My last screenshot from 09/07 still had several unpopulated fields - occ title, occ code and prevailing wage. I do not know, if they were updated later. Would have to ask for another screenshot.

The case is still DATA REVIEW - if all data was populated, it should have moved to IN PROCESS.

Your thoughts.
My screenshot (which I got yesterday) has all these 3 fields empty. Mine is "IN PROCESS". Don't worry, your case is safe and sound. Keep monitoring the status on the site, and keep the pressure on your lawyer.

There does not seem to be any pattern...

Just for the record..All the fields are filled out on the snapshot for my pending labor certification. Status on the US DOL site is " Data Review". There has been no response to the nobec email..

I guess we just have to sit back and wait...

CA, EB2 - RIR
PD: 11-18-2002
45 DL : not received,
Attorney sent email to PBEC on July 21, 2006
ETA# P-04321-05xxx

Got Reply from nobeccontact@PHI.DFLC.US

I never received a 45 days letter but i had "P" number , I've send a mail to "nobeccontact@PHI.DFLC.US" couple of months back.
I got reply from nobeccontact@PHI.DFLC.US saying that i am not eligible to receive the response because my case is active and asked to check the status online.

Good news is , If you have "P" number and didnot receive 45 days letter then you are fine....Just keep waiting...Keep your hopes..

Good Luck.

2002MayPD said:
I never received a 45 days letter but i had "P" number , I've send a mail to "nobeccontact@PHI.DFLC.US" couple of months back.
I got reply from nobeccontact@PHI.DFLC.US saying that i am not eligible to receive the response because my case is active and asked to check the status online.

Good news is , If you have "P" number and didnot receive 45 days letter then you are fine....Just keep waiting...Keep your hopes..

Good Luck.

What does your online status says ? Did you check it ?

help me

I have a question...i didn't get my 45 days letter.When i talked to my lawyer and employer...they didn't show any interest to send a mail to NOBECCONTACT id. because i have my labor approved through perm also.
My question is ...can we still send mail to NOBECCONTACT or it was till some limited time period.
I don't have ETA number also because i never got an proper answer when i requested for the screen shot.
Thanks in advance

2002MayPD said:
Data Review
your case is really similar to mine. My is also PD may/2002 and status "data review", except I did receive 45 days letter and responded (at least according to my lawyers).

If your case is updated to "in process" or better yet directly to "in process" please update here so I can get a better idea what this "data review" thing means. Thanks.

gc_craving said:
I have a question...i didn't get my 45 days letter.When i talked to my lawyer and employer...they didn't show any interest to send a mail to NOBECCONTACT id. because i have my labor approved through perm also.
My question is ...can we still send mail to NOBECCONTACT or it was till some limited time period.
I don't have ETA number also because i never got an proper answer when i requested for the screen shot.
Thanks in advance
You have 30 days from the day that DOL published the final policy on NBECONTACT to send the email. The policy was published on September 11. So you have until October 11 to send that email. Tell your employer about the importance of the priority date of your backlogged LC.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
You have 30 days from the day that DOL published the final policy on NBECONTACT to send the email. The policy was published on September 11. So you have until October 11 to send that email. Tell your employer about the importance of the priority date of your backlogged LC.
Thanks for ur quick response.

isanybodyout said:
your case is really similar to mine. My is also PD may/2002 and status "data review", except I did receive 45 days letter and responded (at least according to my lawyers).

If your case is updated to "in process" or better yet directly to "in process" please update here so I can get a better idea what this "data review" thing means. Thanks.

My case has been in Data Review state for about 10 days after the re-open. It was closed without anynotice. :mad: :mad:

Yeah, please update the status of your cases here so we can trace how soon they're processing.

No 45 day letter yet

labordrags said:
I sent email regarding the non receipt of 45-days letter, but still have not gotton any response yet. I called the DC office (I am doing every month) and my case still shows active. Please ask your employer or attoney to initiate the call to see if its still active, after following the above procedure.

I have two cases one RIR PD 3/14/05 and one NON-RIR PD 6/30/04. Both the cases are identical as far as Job description, Wage etc. except the category. I got two screen shots
one in August 2005 for 7th year Extension
RIR Case - Data Review w/ D- Number
NON-RIR Case - Incomplete w/ T- Number

Second in August 2006 for 8th year Extension
No change at all after one year.

My attorney send Email to DBEC on Aug., 19, 2006 No reply so far. We call 202 Number but ended with the answering machine always.

I can check status of my RIR Case online (says Data Review) as I have the D-Number but my Non-RIR case number starts with T- so I can not check the Status. I tried putting D- and P- instead of T- It shows:

"No records matched your query, please check the case number."

I never receive the 45 day letter for any of my cases. I am not sure DBEC bother to feed my Non-RIR case data into the system yet. I don't know whether this will cause any delay for my RIR Case approval as well? Anybody in the same boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Delicateone said:
I have two cases one RIR PD 3/14/05 and one NON-RIR PD 6/30/04. Both the cases are identical as far as Job description, Wage etc. except the category. I got two screen shots
one in August 2005 for 7th year Extension
RIR Case - Data Review w/ D- Number
NON-RIR Case - Incomplete w/ T- Number

Second in August 2006 for 8th year Extension
No change at all after one year.

My attorney send Email to DBEC on Aug., 19, 2006 No reply so far. We call 202 Number but ended with the answering machine always.

I can check status of my RIR Case online (says Data Review) as I have the D-Number but my Non-RIR case number starts with T- so I can not check the Status. I tried putting D- and P- instead of T- It shows:

"No records matched your query, please check the case number."

I never receive the 45 day letter for any of my cases. I am not sure DBEC bother to feed my Non-RIR case data into the system yet. I don't know whether this will cause any delay for my RIR Case approval as well? Anybody in the same boat?

You and I are in the same page of BECs wonderful book. We both match exactly the same in terms of "T" case. The status check is not valid either converting it to D or P, and the system hates to take "T" number. My lawyer received the email from NOBEC_CONTACT, and he said (he didn't show the proof) the screen shot he received from them shows Data Review.

Lets track each other posting from now on, if any viable peice of information surfaces, we should definately post here - it may help other members as well. About conversition, I don't think it matters as the case is still active or not dead yet.

Delicateone...
I am also in exactly the same situation i.e. neither received 45 days letter nor any response from nobeccontact@dal...also when I check it online by putting "P" or "D" in instead of "T" it says "No records matched your query, please check the case number"...dont know what the hell is wrong....attorney already sent email few times and no response at all from DOL....

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
My screenshot (which I got yesterday) has all these 3 fields empty. Mine is "IN PROCESS". Don't worry, your case is safe and sound. Keep monitoring the status on the site, and keep the pressure on your lawyer.
Hi,
I just wanted to know that from which BEC u got ur screenshot.Is it from Dallas or from Phylli.
And did u get ur screenshot on 7th year extension bases?
thanks in advance

Got Reply - no 45 day email

Lawyer got reply from no 45 day letter contact. However, they are not able to
find my case. So on that email they asked the attorney to re-send the application which was filed non-ROR, July 2003 as it was filed.

So that is where I stand now. Hopefully they will accept it and enter into the system. Anyone in the same boat.