NO 45-DAYS LETTER – POST BEC EMAIL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

No response from Dallas BEC for 45 day letter ...

I havent got the 45 day letter - My laywer sent a mail to nobec@... address - a few days back. There has been no reponse to that yet. I dont know what has happened to my case -

1) From reading this forum it makes me think that if one has not got the 45 day letter then in most probability the case has been closed ? Is that correct ?

2) Is there a time frame within which the BEC responds to the e-mail that we send them for the 45 day letter enquiry ?

3) Which number should I call 202-693-3010 or 214-237 9111 - My lawyer and the company are not very helpful at all :(

Kindy advice -

Sincere appreciation !!

EB3, IL, PD 11/08/2005

Hi,
Is it OK if the employee himself sends a letter to nobeccontact@.... instead of the employer or attorney.My employer and attorney delays things always!!

Shaila

waitforgc123 said:
I havent got the 45 day letter - My laywer sent a mail to nobec@... address - a few days back. There has been no reponse to that yet. I dont know what has happened to my case -

1) From reading this forum it makes me think that if one has not got the 45 day letter then in most probability the case has been closed ? Is that correct ?

2) Is there a time frame within which the BEC responds to the e-mail that we send them for the 45 day letter enquiry ?

3) Which number should I call 202-693-3010 or 214-237 9111 - My lawyer and the company are not very helpful at all :(

Kindy advice -

Sincere appreciation !!

EB3, IL, PD 11/08/2005

I have not far received the 45 day letter from PBEC for my 08/2003 RIR NJ case no. 05143-xxxxx. There is no response to the email to becnocontact address, that was sent out by the attorney.

However, I was able to leave a vm on the 202-693-3010 number. A really nice gentleman called Mark Grobman (god bless him) called back. He was very sympathetic- even apologetic, and he confirmed that the case is still open. However, from what he could access, he was not able to throw more light on the 45 day letter non-receipt issue. Asked me to call him back next week.
Hope that helps.

Hi All,
I got the following reply when I contacted H1b7thyr@dallas.

Dear Requestor,

You have reached the Dallas Backlog Elimination Center status inquiry mailbox. At this time, we are unable to provide status information on Permanent Labor Certifications.

If your request is in reference to the following, if acceptable, we will update your information as requested:

• Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
• Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer (human resource dept.) or attorney to obtain information.

Is there any way to talk to DOL - any merit on filing a Lawsuit

my GC is pending since May 2002 and now in BRC. All i have is a screen shot of my case which gave a wrong PD. Asked laywer to get it corrected and no response since then. no 45 day letter either.

now i am hearing that DOL has sent 45 day letter to everyone and those who have not received should send an email to nobeccontact@..... my lawyer did and no response that was couple of weeks back.

No 45 days letter

rajaxy said:
No 45 day letter here either. Attorney sent email to nobeccontact@dallas on 07/26. No news after that!! :(

Did anyone get reply from BEC for "No 45 day letter" query ?

PD:01/2005
CT/EB3/RIR
No 45 days letter received

I have still not got a response for the 45 day letter - But I was able to get the information from calling the 202 number that the case is still open.

Will keep you posted if we get a response from the nobec@ .... address.

no response from that email yet

My HR called today (202-693-3010) and was told that my 45-day letter was sent on June 27th. Then was told to call PBEC 484-270-1500.

I called that number and was told to send email. But I have sent the email about two weeks ago. So I'm going to send another one using a different email account.

PD date: 6/2003
State: NY

No 45 day letter

No 45 day letter. How to go for H1B 7th year extension. Please help on this

Last edited by a moderator:
No 45 day letter. How to go for H1B 7th year extension. Please help me on this

PD date: 02/2005
State: NJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody heard anything?

Those that did not receive 45-day letters, has anybody heard anything?? My lawyer says she hasn't got any response to the nobeccontact email. She tried to approach DOL with the assumption that case might be closed, but didn't get any response to that email as well. Somehow I am not able to get through on the 202 number as well, always get voicemail. Is there any other way?

even i am in the same boat...we have not recvd even the acknowledgement to that npobeap bla bla bla email...how about u ..did u recvd atleast auto ack

No acknowledgement

DilliBabu said:
even i am in the same boat...we have not recvd even the acknowledgement to that npobeap bla bla bla email...how about u ..did u recvd atleast auto ack
Nope, no acknowledgement to the nobeccontact email. My lawyer sent an email to the address designated for case-opening requests, even that has gone unanswered. She tried calling the 202 number, but got voicemail everytime.

Another thing I have done is write to my senators & congressman asking for help to get some status out of DOL. Let's see if that helps.

pls let me know man if any thing works out ...i guess lot of pple are in the same situation but no body replies here on that

DilliBabu said:
pls let me know man if any thing works out ...i guess lot of pple are in the same situation but no body replies here on that
Don't worry dude, lots of people are in the same boat. If there's any breaking news, you'll surely hear it here. Keep up the pressure on your employer and lawyer to follow up with DOL.

Write to your senator. I wrote to mine, and his office responded very promptly (got a personal call from one of the senator's associates within 24 hrs of sending the letter) saying they'll follow up with DOL on my behalf.

An update...and very weird!

My HR was finally able to speak to someone in PBEC. The information she got from them sounds very weird. They told my HR lady that my case was not closed, but my number still shows as starting with "T", and that my PD is missing from the data, which could be the reason why there hasn't been a 45-day letter yet. The PBEC person made the correction while my HR person was on the phone, and told her that my attorney should get something in the mail in 2 weeks (the 45-day letter?).

This does not make sense, since I have a recent H1B screenshot that shows my case number starting with P, and my PD updated!!

I am more confused than before, but at least this is some progress. I am now going to request another H1B screenshot, and wait for my attorney to receive something.

I am sure all cases that did not get 45-day letters have unique and weird issues like this. My advice is...follow-up, and then follow-up some more.

recieved 45 day letter

Hi all,

Recieved 45 day letter on August 19th. Didnt get any reply to the email sent to nobecontact. Anyways , the BEC is still sending 45 day letters. So hang in there....

PD: 2/21/2005
WI RIR RB3
45 day letter : recieved on Aug 19th

No 45-day letter, Case was closed, now reopened

My 45-day letter was not received by July 21. The attroney sent an email to nobeccontact email, did not receive any response. She then sent an email to reopenrequest on Aug 4 presuming case could've been closed. There was no response on that for 2 weeks.

Then, on last Thursday my HR called the 202 number. They were initially told that my case was still not data-entered fully and carried a case number beginning with 'T'. Since this update did not match the H1B screenshot, I had them call again on Friday, and this time they told my HR that my case was closed in June 2006 due to non-receipt of 45-day letter, but had been reopened on August 7.

The reopening of the case could've been in response to my attorney's presumptive reopen request (however, she did not receive a response).

Now, today my attorney got a response to her 2 week old reopen request. The response says that the reopen request is denied since case is already open. In all this, the 45-day letter was neither sent via postal mail, nor via email, so I am not sure if it has gone beyond the "45-day letter" stage.

Those who have sent emails to nobeccontact, please don't wait on it. Have your employer or attorney get some info from the 202 number.

Congrats buddy...can u gimme that 202 number ..every one says about that i donno what is that number...i will ask my HR to call to that number