NIW - Nebraska

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends

I am worried why NSC taking toomuch time on one case. I saw I-140 NIW petetion updated to Aug03 2 months ago and it is still there. My RD is January 31,07. What do you all think, is it going to be at least by that date next year? I doubt. I dont have enough time. If its not by next Jan I will be in trouble of searching a person to sponsor me H1. Please post some thing u think.......
Other issue is how about I-485 application RDs. They recieved it on Aug15 and so far no information at all. Has anybody got reciept or Reciept #?

My I140 is pending since October 2006.

Why do you need an H1B sponsor? Can't you get an EAD? Do you have a pending I-485?

hi 2464

My petition is also pending from October 2006. I think Nebraksa has not processed NIWs at all in August...see processing dates to get an idea how slow it is.

-madmonkey

The main problem is I am on J1 and its not possible to extend my J1. I got waiver and applied I-485 too. I am worried if I have to work on H1 and I - 140.

You said you applied for I-485 in August; did you also apply for your work permit (I-765)? If so, then you can use that to work after your J-1 expires (or even before); you don't need H-1B.

It is very very unlikely that your I-140 will be adjudicated by January....unless something changes.

NIW are not processed currently at NSC

Since March 15th 2007 until today, NSC NIW processing dates moved by 2 days... yes guys... TWO DAYS.

They can process 40,000 I-485 in two weeks but few hundreds NIWs not even in one year 2 months. Whoever is running NSC is a total moron devoid of any accountability and lost track of time. He is like Mr. Brown who ran FEMA during Katrina. Its the worst and most inefficient service center. God help us.

Can't agree more about it

Whoever is running NSC is a total moron devoid of any accountability and lost track of time. He is like Mr. Brown who ran FEMA during Katrina. Its the worst and most inefficient service center. God help us.

:):):) :D:D:D

Hey BPforGC

I think you got the dates wrong - on march 15, they were processing June 1 2006...and now they are processing August 3 2006. So in 6 months, they advanced by 2 months, not 2 days. This is still really bad, i dont deny that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madmonkey,

You made me feel better :rolleyes:

Hey BPforGC

I think you got the dates wrong - on march 15, they were processing June 1 2006...and now they are processing August 3 2006. So in 6 months, they advanced by 2 months, not 2 days. This is still really bad, i dont deny that.

Thats good to see. It appears his application has a RD of May 2006 ... it took almost 18 months from RD to AD.