NIW - Nebraska

Hello jk0274 ,

At the time my attorney was preparing the I140, I was using my OPT during my postdoc. My postdoc was completed before I submitted the I140. My school was working on an academic H1 for me to start as an adjunct professor. What happened is that when we filed the I140, in Part 6 of form I-140, my supervising professor wrote a letter of proposed employment where he states that I will continue with the post-doc after we receive some new funding 4 months later, and that I will be serving as an adjunct and visiting professor in the mean time. In fact, after I received my EAD card, I worked for 5 months as an adjucnt visitin professor, and then I got a full-time position offer from a very good company that works in my area, and I decided to leave my adjunct and visiting professor position, and move out to a new state where this company is.

anafiz, if you have any questions let me know.

JerIst - I guess I was only asking whether where you are now is what you wrote in Part 6. That's all. Perhaps that is what the RFE is about then.... even though this should not be relevant for NIW, they sometimes ask it anyway....

jk0274,

The short answer is no. I am not at present where I wrote in Part 6. I have updated my address for my pending applications and therefore no question that USCIS can see that I am not where I proposed to be in Part 6.

In still wonder why should we at all fill Part 6 for NIW cases...!

anafiz,

Did you fill Part 6 of your I140?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes JerIst, my attorney did fill out part 6 of I140 of information of current employer at that time (Post-doc position)

Ahhaaa, I see.... Well, I hope that your application pass smoothly.. You have solid experience and I hope that a reasonable Immigration officer reviews your petition.

anafiz, if you have any questions let me know
jk0274, I have few questions:
1- Do you use a cover letter for your EAD renewal application? If yes, can I see a sample please?
2- For section 10. Alien Registration Number (A-Number) or I-94 Number (if any), do you put your A number or I-94? I have two EADs (an old one of economic hardship during doctoral study period and the last one of OPT after graduation) where both has two different A numbers. NSC has the second one in their record when my lawyer applied for AOS-EAD with them.
3- For section 16, What Eligibility Category are we supposed to use? Is it (c) (0) (9)?
4- This question is also for any one reading this thread, have you ever used Electronic Filing of EAD? Is it hard to do?
here is the link:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=9059d9808bcbd010VgnVCM100000d1f1d6a1RCRD

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never done electronic filing. Apparently you have to wait for a notice to appear at an application support center to have photos/fingerprints taken. I would much rather prepare everything in one packet, send it all together and be done...

I don't understand. I did appear at an application support center to have photos/fingerprints taken. But I need your help with these three questions please:
1- Do you use a cover letter for your EAD renewal application? If yes, can I see a sample letter please?
2- For section 10. Alien Registration Number (A-Number) or I-94 Number (if any), do you put your A number or I-94? I have two EADs (an old one of economic hardship during doctoral study period and the last one of OPT after graduation) where both has two different A numbers. NSC has the second one in their record when my lawyer applied for AOS-EAD with them.
3- For section 16, What Eligibility Category are we supposed to use? Is it (c) (0) (9)?

If you paper file for a renewal EAD, you don't have to appear at the ASC again. If you file electronic I-765, you will probably have to appear again. The first time you went was for your I-485, not for your I-765.

1- I normally haven't used a separate cover letter for I-765, but I probably will for my upcoming renewal. It will be a very simple sentence: Dear Sir/Madam, please find enclosed my application I-765 for renewal of my Employment Authorization Document. My Application to Register for Permanent Resident Status remains pending at _____ Service Center. Attached to my application are fees for $340, 2 photographs, a copy of my receipt notice for my pending I-485 application, and (anything else you might have). That's it. (and sign).

2- Write your A#, not your I-94. Use the A# you got when you applied for AOS (i.e. use the A# that's on your I-485 receipt notice - this should be the same A# that's on your most recent EAD).

3- No, it's (c) (9) ( ). Leave the last pair of parentheses blank.

I might be late

Hey guys

I might be late to this post, but you know I did electronic filing for many times, (2times for my spouse ..who is on J2 and several times ..helping.. my friends) its easy and fast USCIS donot have to wait to put in your information in the computer. If you want your application to be approved with in short period of time....its the best option. Otherwise take it easy.

Hey guys

I might be late to this post, but you know I did electronic filing for many times, (2times for my spouse ..who is on J2 and several times ..helping.. my friends) its easy and fast USCIS donot have to wait to put in your information in the computer. If you want your application to be approved with in short period of time....its the best option. Otherwise take it easy.

did you appear for an interview when you e-filed? thanks

Did you all see!!!

Hey you all

did you see NSC updated EB2- National Interest waivers to April2007. I wonder How fast they have moved. But you know unfortunately they forgot my application which was in January 07. Was there any other case like me? I called USCIS and informed the mistake they said they are going to enquire about (?) it and come back to me with in 30 to 45 days. Does anybody have similar experiance? What happens next?

Hey you all

did you see NSC updated EB2- National Interest waivers to April2007. I wonder How fast they have moved. But you know unfortunately they forgot my application which was in January 07. Was there any other case like me? I called USCIS and informed the mistake they said they are going to enquire about (?) it and come back to me with in 30 to 45 days. Does anybody have similar experiance? What happens next?

Hi 2464,
I think those people at NSC just lie when you call them and give untruthful statement when they tell you "we will look at your case after such amount of time". or "enquire about (?)". My RD is March 2007. I don't think this April 6, 2007 timeframe is real as no cases on trackitt.com from late October 2007, the in-line due cases, (let alone the forgotten cases of Jun 2006 and after..) until that posted on-line date of April 2007, no case was approved. So, I called them two weeks ago when I saw the April 6th processing time frame and they told me they most probably will open my case after a week, which is this week but nothing happened so far. When I called I opened SR. I will wait until Saturday and call them back again. I don't think this is fair. We need to do something.

Thnaks

You made me cool. I was under tension that I am the only person left out. One more issue, My I485 RD was Aug15 but on Dec30th there is an update saying we Recieved ........on october15 2007.........Why did they change dates. Is that anything to be worried?

Do you have an account on trackitt.com? up-date your case there. more people will answer your questions. Is you case concurrent I-140/485?