NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Milota said:
Do you know what kind of visa she entred USA with? Did they adviced her come to get her new fingerprinting. I have not received any instructions yet.
Do you think in generally is it better to use a lawyer?

My friend has left the company. But her delay is from GC to citizenship. She received letters numeruos times to refingerprint. They claim that her fingerprint is not clear. The whole process ended in about 1.5 years.

I think the security check is a tricky situation. No one really know what's going on until INS hear anything back from FBI.

Hey.. lets keep this tread live...
anybody with namecheck/security check problem get approved...recently??? ples.. post ur good news/bd news..here..
any body from newark,NJ office get approved..?

Hi everyone,
here is my time line:
-application mailed:03/03/2004
-FP(first):03/20/2004
-EAD;05/18/2004
-FP(second):04/08/2005
-interview letter came:06/06/2005
-ID NEWARK,NJ:09/07/2005-approved!!!
-GC: 09/17/2005

krisztar25 said:
Hi everyone,
here is my time line:
-application mailed:03/03/2004
-FP(first):03/20/2004
-EAD;05/18/2004
-FP(second):04/08/2005
-interview letter came:06/06/2005
-ID NEWARK,NJ:09/07/2005-approved!!!
-GC: 09/17/2005

Congratulation. Could you share with us your experience at the interview? Did the officer stamp your passport?

Thanks.

Aos Interview

Newark,nj:09/07/2005

The interview went pretty well,we had our appointment at 9:30a.m..We got there at 9:00,after the security,we went up to the 13th floor,handed the appointment letter to the lady (at the window),and we were patiently waited.About 45 minutes later my name was called,a nice lady invited us to her office.she were swore us,and she asked first my husband(us citizen):
(before she asked for our i.d's)
-when and how did you meet your wife?
-where she was living at the time?
-do you know your wife's parents?
-where are they live,what are they names?
-where was your wife born,and when?
-when did you guys get married?
-where?who was there?
-did you had a reception?
-where did you go to your honeymoon?
-how long you were dating before marrige?
-did you lived together before?

and question to me;
-where is your husband work?
-what is he do?
-his parents name,and where they live?
-where your husband was born,and when?
-where he was living at the time you guys met?
-when and how did he proposed?

after she wanna to see some pictures.(she took out 3,and she said she is going to keep them in my file)then she asked us:what kind of documents you bring today,to prove your marrige is true?(joint docs)She went thru all of them,and she asked for my husband his tax returns,w2's,and the affidavite support form,and employee letters.she checked all of them!!
And she said i'm going to approve you today!Everything looks great!She asked for my passport,and she stamped it!She told us the green card arrive about a month or so.That was it!
The welcome letter came on 09/16/2005,and the card came in a mail on 09/17/2005!!pretty fast!
So now i have it,very happy!Good for 10 years,(we had our second wedding anniversary on 08/20/2005, 2 weeks before the interview!

Good luck to everyone ,and please share your experiences too!!

Has anybody travelled out of country while waiting for the green card? I haven't been home for 2 years. It's very depressing. I have an advance parole, but everybody is telling me not to travel? Please share your experience.

Milota said:
Has anybody travelled out of country while waiting for the green card? I haven't been home for 2 years. It's very depressing. I have an advance parole, but everybody is telling me not to travel? Please share your experience.

It really depends on the individual's situation. I have a friend who went back to India in the summer but is back now with no problem. His interview date is in the firt week of Nov/2005.

For most cases, you can expect to have your interview date to be 10 to 11 months after your notice date. This will give you an idea when can you travel and be back for the interview.

If you have overstayed your visa and otherwise in an illegal status before this AOS, it is NOT advisable to travel. Or else, you will trigger the 3/10 years ban from entering US.

So, if you are in proper status thoughout your stay in US up to this AOS process, you can definitely travel with no problem. Good luck. I can understand how hard it is to be away from home for so long. My wife is in the same situation. But it will be over soon for her...hopefully after 25/Oct (interview date).

As long as you have been in the US legally at all time there is not travel concern using the AP. That is what it is for. It does not guarantee re-entry on past issues, it only ensures that they know you have a pending green card application and are therefore legal at this time to enter the US.
Travel with an AP can be a nuisance as most will send you to secondary inspection. Depending on the airport, and time of day, secondary can take a long time. Count on an extra unpredictable 5-60min wait.

I want to make appointment throught INFO Pass. Does anybody know the Newark office procedure, are they on time, how long do I have to wait to get in. Who do I get to speak to? Is it just some administrative person or the officer. Will I get any answer?

I went thru you older posts. I don't think I ever received I-130 approval. How do you notify Newark about approval? I mailed my I-485 and I-130 together. And received notice only from I-485. How do I find out if my I-130 has been approved. But I assume it was because I've already had my interview in february 05, but still waiting for name check. What do you think? Thank you.

Hey Guys... Hope every one is doing good. I am married to USC and I have an interview on 10/18/2005 . I was preparing the list of documents i should bring to the interview. I would appreciate your thoughts on it. Here is the list:

Joint Tax Returns
Joint Bank Account
Joint Auto Insurance
Joint Utility Bills
Joint House Deed and Mortgage
Joint Property Tax Documents

Driving License
Passport
Employer Letter
W2’s
Pay Stubs
Reception Photos

I dont have birth certificate with me, i furnished the birth vertificate supporting documents along with the affidavit . I made a mistake of sending these documents in ORIGINALS. Just in case officer asked me the original birth certificate or supporting documents, i will be in a trouble.

I found out that I can request my originals back by filling out some form but it is too late now.

Do you think that birth certificate can cause any problems?
Any additions to the above list?

Any of your thoughts would be greatly appreciated and wishing you all the very best for the folks waiting for the GC.

Good Luck...!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
skb2005:

I am curious myself. My wife sent the original translation of her birth certificate in with her AOS application. We are still debate among ourselves. The thing is we have to send the original, because the photocopy does not show the pressed seal on the document to prove it is certified by the individual or company.

If you get any answer somewhere, please let me know as well. Thanks.
kenmw

kenmw: I have spoken to customer service, thay mentioned that the officier who will be taking the interview will have the originals in file.I have confirmed same with the lawyer.

When is your interview date? Did you make any checklist?

Folks... any advice/experience on gc interview would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
kenmw,skb2005,
I am surprised that you guys sent the Originals.

All you are required is to send the photocopy. If you were not comfortable, you could have got them notarized...

Hopefully the interview officer should have the full file and should be able to return the originals..

goodluck

SWaiting welcome back...!!!

Saw you after a while, i guess you are the father of this forum, correct?

Yes, we made the mistake. That was kinda stupid though, its too late now. Hoping for the best.

Sharing any suggestions/experiences for gc interview are most welcome.

skb2005,
I had the privlege of starting this thread as there was scattered info when I started looking on this forum...

I can say that I have been extremelly lucky and blessed during the whole family based GC process.

My feeling on the interview is this :
a) if your case is genuine, you will have no problems. (Security check is a different ball game as its random)...

b) Go for the interview with all the required documents. The officer spent more time with our photo album (no tapes or videos required)... There is no need for overkill.Take copies of your credit cards statements, lease, and bills. The officer is going to put them in the file.

c) And get your facts (ie anniversary dates, where you met, where you got married etc) straight so that you and your spouse are on the same page.

In your case specifically, If you have photocopies of the birth verification documents (as the original has been mailed), take them with you as the officer is not inclined to make any photocopies on your behalf..

krisztar25 wrote her experience just a few msgs back so that should provide you lot of details too.

goodluck

Swaiting,

Thanks for taking your time in writing the details.

My case is 100% genuine, all the dosuments are in the file and i am fully prepared for it. Its less than a week now.

Hoping for the best.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks Swaiting for the experience.

Skb2005, please share your experience after your interview. My wife interview is on 25/Oct. All the best to you.

I think we are ready as well. Just need to make copies of the shared accounts as Swaiting suggested. We have been tested each other our birthday day and parents names and birthdates. Also all other dates like wedding date and how long have we been married...etc.

Thank you.