NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Need help about timeline

Hi Guys,

I need to know how long is taking at Newark District Office to get a green card? My USC wife applied 1485/130/765 thru chicago lockbox in Sept, 2005. I got EAD this month. Did anyone recently apply thru chicago lockbox( thru merraige) and get Green card?
I would really appricate that?

Thanks, paul

My Interview Experience

Got married to a US citizen in Jan, 2005.
Currently on H1.
Filed I-485 in March, 2005.
Got work permit in June, 2005
Got interview notice in October, 2005.

My interview was on Nov 30, 2005 in Newark, NJ at 11AM. I went there at 10:30AM. The security guy at the door checked my Drivers License and Interview Notice of Action. He told me to go inside and give the Notice of Action to window # 2. I went inside and the room was packed but we managed to get 2 seats after giving her at the window # 2.

Then we waited till 12:30PM when my name was called by the lady officer who was also the one to take the interview. She took us inside and asked us to pledge that we shall tell the truth before we sat down. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes and we found her to be nice with us. She talked to us in a pleasing way.

She asked my wife few questions:
-> Where did you meet him?
-> How many sisters does he have and where do they live?
-> On which visa did he entered USA?
-> What does he do for a living?
-> Where did you go for honeymoon?
-> What did he give you for birthday present?

She asked me the following questions:
-> What are her brothers names and ages?
-> How frequently do you visit your in-laws?
-> What is your in-laws phone number?
-> What is her birth date?
-> What is her Mother's name?
-> When did you get married?
-> When did you get your H1?

->Then she asked the same Yes/No questions that were on I-485 form? (Ever Deported?Criminal Record? etc)

She told me to show many documents:
1) Marriage photos
2) Utility bills
3) Insurance cards
4) Lease document
5) Medical Examination envelope
6) Affidavit of Suppport docs
7) Brith Certificate
8) Cell phone bills
9) Bank Statements

She kept many copies of these documents and 2 photographs. She told me that if I travel outside US, I can do that on my H1. But if I use my EAD permit, which I didn't yet, then I need to use Advance Parole.

She told us that our marriage looks good and all the documents are fine. But she said that my Name-Check is pending which could take 2 days-2 weeks, after which she would send me the letter at home. She stamped my passport which says that I-485 is pending. That was not so pleasing to hear because I read from so many other posts how they are stuck in this name-check process.

So, how do I go from here? :confused:

Thanks.

Hi MdnaJeeb,
Do you know the name of the lady (immigration officer) who took your interview.? does she gave your her contact info - email or phone... something.. Because My interview was also taken by one lady in April 2004 and she didn't give me any email or phone.. and i am stilling waiting for name check to be clear.

Hi mdnajeeb
why were u asked for another medical envelope,did you not submit one when you first sent your forms originally?were u specifically asked in your interview letter to come with it?I am planning to go without a new one cos in my letter it states 'bring ur medical if you have not already submitted one'

thanks...

Interview and I-551 stamp on 12/19

Hi, guys,
I've been reading a lot of these threads, and posting a little less, so here's the news from me:
Just had my AOS interview on Monday and got my passport stamped. :D
The interviewer was really nice, looked at (and kept ) a few pictures, bank account statements, employment letter, medical, etc... asked where we met, birthdays, a few other questions and...I think that's about it. Really nice and short, didn't ask anything misleading or ambiguous.
At the end said, OK, you're a PR as of today, took away all my EADs ( I had 5 of them :eek: ), my I-94, and put the stamp on my passport.
What surprised me was the fact that they had EVERY single piece of paper I had ever filed with the INS in one thick folder. Mind you, I've had at least 20 different applications with the INS, in at least 5 different service centers, and they had everything together.
Now, I'm gonna put my newly acquired GC to use...Travelling after 5 years feels goooooood.
Good luck to all of you who are still waiting and you should know that the INS has really improved, or at least there's an honest effort to improve.

EAD Renewal, Name Check process

Hello,
I had My Interview and it went of well, the office told Me they were waiting for the Name check results from the FBI.

He told Me to write an E-Mail, if I don't get the results with in 30 days.

I want to know the process, what I should do now for the Name Check process. I heard that I can E-Mail to fbi, what do I need to Mention in that Mail.
1. Name
2. DOB
3. A#
4. EMail Address

Should I need to tell them any more Information. How long should I wait for their reply, if not what should I do from there.

I have to renew My EAD and AP. I travelled out of the country using AP, the I94 they gave Me has a valid date more than My EAD, does it mean My EAD is valid till the new I94 date.

What are the documents I need to renew for My EAD.
1. I765

What are the supporting documents needed for I765, EAD renewal.

Do I need to submit, I130, I485.

I have My AP, which I applied valid for the next 8 months, should I still apply for AP, I131.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
msuku

2-years after interview still waiting for name check

VP2003 said:
Hi MdnaJeeb,
Do you know the name of the lady (immigration officer) who took your interview.? does she gave your her contact info - email or phone... something.. Because My interview was also taken by one lady in April 2004 and she didn't give me any email or phone.. and i am stilling waiting for name check to be clear.

Hi VP2003:

Have you had any update since your post above? Below is my experience, which is so upsetting.

My husband (USC) and I had our interview done in 02/2004 and been told by the interviewing lady that we'd had to wait for the CIA name check, which was submitted in 10/2003 and expected to complete within 6 months. So far I've got no updates. I tried inquiring through Senator Jon Corzine, Congressman Manendez and an attorney. All came back with the same response: name check pending. It is so hopeless.

I know there is a new law regarding citizenship processing time. People waiting for a certain time without any response can file a law suit.

Anyone knows if there is anything we can do under this situation? Anyone else has the similar experience?

From my reading of this forum, I found that the name check step doesn't apply to everybody. It sounds like randomly selective process. Is that true?

Name check conducted by CIA or FBI?

Does anyone know that the "CIA Name Check", as called by USCIS officers, is conducted by CIA or FBI? I read from some other threads that it is performed by FBI. If it is FBI, there is contact info to inquire.

Hello everyone,

I had my interview yesterday and was approved. 10 AM appt - went there at 9:30 AM and was called at 10:30 by a young lady officer. Asked us where we met, whether my wife has met my parents, our wedding date, and proof of joint financial docs - showed here the deed to our home, some bank statements, and that was it.

Hardly 10 minustes. She stamped my passport and told me that I would get the actual card 'really soon' :)

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

interview over but ....

Hi folks,
My inteview was over successfully but pending fbi name check.
The officer asked me basic questions (birth date etc) and asked me to show documents for my relationship to my wife ( bank statements, lease documents, pictures). He kept one of the picture in the file.

He told me he cant approve as the name check is pending and it will take from 1 day to 1 year to process it ..

Overall the interview was without any hassles.

Now my question is :
1) I got my interview in less than a year, ( 8 months) so maybe due to that reason the name check is pending. Whats the normal turnaround time for name check to complete ? Does any one know that ?
Also the more common the name or last name, its bound to be struck in name check.

Any comments folks ?

My timeline: Newark DO
May 12, 2005- application delivered to Chicago lockbox
June 6, 2005- Notices received
July 23, 2005- FP/biometrics complete
July 28,2005- Send medical info
Sept 12, 2005 - EAD received with wrong middle intial.
Oct 2, 2005 -Correct EAD received
Nov 8, 2005 - interview letter received
Jan 9 , 2005 - Interview Done - waiting for fbi name check.

I-130 pending

Hi folks,

I-130 was filled out on April 2001, my wife became a US citizen on August 2004, I-130 application was transfered from Vermont to Newark NJ, on September 2004. I did not receive any notice. I took an appointment, and went there with my wife on November 2005, the officer told us , as August 2005, you will be scheduled for a Wednesday interview, since than, nothing is new. I have another pending case (asylum), the judge is waiting for I-130 to be approved.

PLEASE ADVICE ME, WHAT I SHOULD DO? HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR AN INTERVIEW.

THANK YOU...

On January 24, 2006 it' going to be 2 years since I 've got married. I still haven't received greencard due to the name check delays. Should I file a petition to remove the condition, Form I -751? Or do I have to wait for the green card first??
Thank you

Milota,
Based on your question, I am assuming that your I-485 has not been approved yet.
If that the case, how can you file I-751 to remove some thing which has yet to be approved.

When the I-485 gets approved, luckly you should get it without the condition...

However if your I-485 has been approved and you are just waiting for the physical card, the copy of card is required for I-751.

What is the problem with the name check? Do people just eventually get the green card without any notice in a mail, or do we have to go through another interview? What is taking so long. My name is very unusual even in my country I doubt it that the delay is caused by too many matching names in the database...

i-485 fee.

I applied for I_485 for my mother today. I put a money order for filing fee as $385 instead of $395 by mistake. What is going to happen? IS there anyway i can send the correct fee before this application get returned? Please help.
thanks

Hi,

I just revcieved the reciepts for the pplications filed last week. As eveybody knows there are 5 cheques to send to INS. but when i got my reciepts - I just got 3 of those. They were

1. First Reciept for I-130 : Petition for alien Relative (check amount $190)
2. Second Reciept I-765 : Application for Employt. Authorization Doc ($180)
3. Third Reciept I-485: App to Register Permanent Residence ($395)

All my cheques are cashed though. Is it normal - that only those 3 reciepts come?

Please HELP

Newark DO Applicants - Wake UP !

This thread has been lying low for a while. I'm sure there are I-485 applicants from Newark over here. Can we please start tracking our cases in this thread?

My timeline is in my signature. Please post your timelines and let's keep this thread active. Thanks.