NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Finally it’s over…I-551 stamped…IR6

sap12452003 said:
I have my Interview at Newark, NJ office. Though I have 50-60 pics of wedding, I am thinking of taking wedding video(VHS). Do they allow that in the building?

got stamped today. Very basic questions like DOB, in Laws name & place of residence were asked mostly to my USC wife.

It took around 5-6 minutes only. It was nice experience. I would be ready to answer, if anybody has any specific question.

He said I will get GC within 3-6 weeks.

Conclusion:

 Didn’t see any joint docs
 Didn’t ask for pictures
 Didn't ask for new I-864, Just took 2004 TR
 Asked for new Medical

Thank You

sap12452003 said:
got stamped today. Very basic questions like DOB, in Laws name & place of residence were asked mostly to my USC wife.

It took around 5-6 minutes only. It was nice experience. I would be ready to answer, if anybody has any specific question.

He said I will get GC within 3-6 weeks.

Conclusion:

 Didn’t see any joint docs
 Didn’t ask for pictures
 Didn't ask for new I-864, Just took 2004 TR
 Asked for new Medical

Thank You
How long have you been married?

sap12452003 said:
More than 3 years... Eventhough officer knew it He asked me & confirmed that my marriage is more than 2 years old.
May be that is the reason he didn't ask to see any proof like photos and stuff. When I will have my interview, I will be married for 4 years. I am hoping for a smooth interview too.
Good Luck and Congrates.

amishah said:
May be that is the reason he didn't ask to see any proof like photos and stuff. When I will have my interview, I will be married for 4 years. I am hoping for a smooth interview too.
Good Luck and Congrates.

May be... To be honest I was called 1st(@08:20 AM) even though I had appt of 08:30 AM, and people who had appt of 08:00 AM were still waiting to be called. Just don't be scared and try to be as natural as possible.

sap12452003: Congratulation.

Glad to hear everything went well for you. Did they ask to see any document at all besides the medical, 2004 TR and your EAD?

I wonder did you ask them why they are slower than before? 11 months rather than 10 months to process.

We are starting to prepare now for my wife interview in Oct25.

kenmw said:

Glad to hear everything went well for you. Did they ask to see any document at all besides the medical, 2004 TR and your EAD?

I wonder did you ask them why they are slower than before? 11 months rather than 10 months to process.

While I was hunting my big file, to get 2004 TR, he asked if I have any joint docs, but I and he as well forgot and issue never came up again.

To be honest, before starting the interview, he asked us not seat until oath and he said " Do you swear to tell the truth" Yes OR No?, I was surprised at his option of Yes OR No. and he warned us that when he ask question to one person, other one can't answer or talk in between. I broke that rule 3-4 times, and he just looked at me during those interuptions. I took it lightly, as I was confident becoz, at the starting when he asked us for our passports, I gave him my PP w/I-94 and at that moment he told me that he will keep my I-94, and that was the positive sign I guess, b4 even interview started.

kenmw said:

and BTW my case took 14 months, becoz my approved I-130 was at NVC.

gc20040 said:
After having my initial interview postponed, I was finally interviewed today and AOS was approved. Interview itself lasted about 10 minutes. The officer asked for my driving license, birth certificate, and went over my sponsor's affidavits. Since I have an out of state driving license, the officer also asked to see proof of residence in state and was satisfied when I showed a utility bill with my name and address. Very friendly and profesional officer.

Some background: My AOS was based on a petition by my father (a U.S. citizen). The I-130 was already approved and that is probably one reason why my AOS only took 4.5 months.

final timeline:
RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/29/04
EAD approved on 10/13/04
AP approved on 10/14/04
Interview letter recieved: 11/2/04
Interview scheduled: 12/20/04
Interview resheduled: 01/14/05
AOS approved: 01/14/05

Hey gc20042,

Would you tell , when did you received your plastic GC. I had my interview and approved on 08/31/05. I am waiting for plastic card. I would appreciate, if you can share that info.

sap12452003 said:
While I was hunting my big file, to get 2004 TR, he asked if I have any joint docs, but I and he as well forgot and issue never came up again.

To be honest, before starting the interview, he asked us not seat until oath and he said " Do you swear to tell the truth" Yes OR No?, I was surprised at his option of Yes OR No. and he warned us that when he ask question to one person, other one can't answer or talk in between. I broke that rule 3-4 times, and he just looked at me during those interuptions. I took it lightly, as I was confident becoz, at the starting when he asked us for our passports, I gave him my PP w/I-94 and at that moment he told me that he will keep my I-94, and that was the positive sign I guess, b4 even interview started.

We are slowly preparing for the documents. My wife had some blood test done, just waiting for the results. Also she has an appointment scheduled for the medical exam later this month.

As for 2004 TR, I have called the IRS for a receipt over the phone. I should have it in a week or so. Now, it is time to put some pictures together. We have tons of them....since we were married for 6 years now. Still to sort out what bills to bring and what not.

Do you bring the last 3 months of joint accounts (bills, ins and etc) info to the interview or longer? Did they ask if you and/or your spouse change job and ask to see the pay stubs?

Thanks.

kenmw said:
We are slowly preparing for the documents. My wife had some blood test done, just waiting for the results. Also she has an appointment scheduled for the medical exam later this month.

As for 2004 TR, I have called the IRS for a receipt over the phone. I should have it in a week or so. Now, it is time to put some pictures together. We have tons of them....since we were married for 6 years now. Still to sort out what bills to bring and what not.

Do you bring the last 3 months of joint accounts (bills, ins and etc) info to the interview or longer? Did they ask if you and/or your spouse change job and ask to see the pay stubs?

Thanks.

My marriage is also old too. I took last years(12 months ) all bills, because I had that. If you have I think its good to take 12 months or so, just if they ask for more proofs. Regarding job he didn't ask but he surely took our original employment letter. He didn't ask for any paystub.

BTW, I received GC and welcome letter yesterday.

Wish you all the best.. Whats the time of your interview?

EAD with wrong middle initial

Hi Amishah,
I know u received EAD with wrong middle inital. Same with me when I got my EAD yesterday. What did you do to rectify it ? Did you call them or file for new I-765 application. (thats what they told me at customer service).

njexpress said:
Hi Amishah,
I know u received EAD with wrong middle inital. Same with me when I got my EAD yesterday. What did you do to rectify it ? Did you call them or file for new I-765 application. (thats what they told me at customer service).

Hey Guys,

I guess call them and check, may be you can save filing fee. ALSO

Do you have only middle intial in your passport? OR full midlle name in PP.

After interview experience - New sec. 245

1/4/04 Married to US citizen
3/31/04 Applications received at USCIS Newark
5/14/04 Fingerprinting and BIO
6/15/05 EAD
2/15/05 Interview (Newark, NJ)

Interview Results: " Your case is being held due to a fingerprint check and security check .... Allow an additional 120 days ..."

My passport has been stamped New Sec. 245.
It's been more then 120 days. I requested status inquiry at through Customer Service. Got respond to wait another 180 days...

What is really going on???

incorrect EAD with wrong middle initial

Thanks Ami for your response. I am filing the replacement i-765.I hope I get the new EAD soon and not have to wait another 3 months.You got yr new correct EAD in 1 month, that seems to be encouraging.

ya, I do have the full middle name on the passport. They should have checked the supporting documents in case of any confusion.

Also, my last name on i-130 is misspelled. I already called them 3 times. Every time I call them , they make the change and ask me to wait 1 month for new receipt. Till now I havent received the updated receipt and its been 3 months already..Dont know whats going on ? Is anyone having same issues.

njexpress said:
Thanks Ami for your response. I am filing the replacement i-765.I hope I get the new EAD soon and not have to wait another 3 months.You got yr new correct EAD in 1 month, that seems to be encouraging.

ya, I do have the full middle name on the passport. They should have checked the supporting documents in case of any confusion.

Also, my last name on i-130 is misspelled. I already called them 3 times. Every time I call them , they make the change and ask me to wait 1 month for new receipt. Till now I havent received the updated receipt and its been 3 months already..Dont know whats going on ? Is anyone having same issues.
I don't think that you should worry about misspelled name on your I-130 receipt, if you have provided it correct.It may delay your application.If you are going to go for interview of I-485, then every DAO has a device to correct forms at interivews called a "pen" which has red ink. Bring it up at interview, and they will correct it and you will get card w/correct name.

sap12452003 said:
My marriage is also old too. I took last years(12 months ) all bills, because I had that. If you have I think its good to take 12 months or so, just if they ask for more proofs. Regarding job he didn't ask but he surely took our original employment letter. He didn't ask for any paystub.

BTW, I received GC and welcome letter yesterday.

Wish you all the best.. Whats the time of your interview?

Not sure if I still have the employment letter. But I will check. We will try to see if we can bring all 12 months of bills with us.

The interview is in the afternoon. I think ~10am. Thanks.

Enjoy your new life until you want to be USC. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Milota said:
1/4/04 Married to US citizen
3/31/04 Applications received at USCIS Newark
5/14/04 Fingerprinting and BIO
6/15/05 EAD
2/15/05 Interview (Newark, NJ)

Interview Results: " Your case is being held due to a fingerprint check and security check .... Allow an additional 120 days ..."

My passport has been stamped New Sec. 245.
It's been more then 120 days. I requested status inquiry at through Customer Service. Got respond to wait another 180 days...

What is really going on???

I have a friend with similar experience. She has to redo her fingerprint many times and visited the Newark office numerous time with no luck. But, finally she got her GC. It took over a year.

You may want to make an appointment to go in person at Newark.

Security check/namecheck

Hi all,
I was watching this forum since last couple of weeks. and decided to share my exp. with u. I am also stuck with CIA/security check/namecheck mistry. I send handfull of letters to Newark office, contacted senator/congressman, but didn't help. i also wrote email to FBI in Aug - 2005 and same time also submitted FOIPA to FBI, but no response from FBI yet as it take quite amount of time. today its almost 2 years since i applied and 17 months after my AOS interview and no luck...:(
I filed AOS application base on my wife is USC and we married in Sep-2003. My AOS interview was only 5-10 minutes long. lady show some pics and ask some questions to my wife about my self (DOB, Place of Birth, etc) and thats it. she told us that my case is approvable but she cannot put stamp in passport at this time because of pending security check and told us to wait 120 days.. but.. today its almost 17 months (1.5 yrs) and no answer.. :mad:
anyone have similar experience at Newark, NJ office..

Last edited by a moderator:
kenmw said:
I have a friend with similar experience. She has to redo her fingerprint many times and visited the Newark office numerous time with no luck. But, finally she got her GC. It took over a year.

You may want to make an appointment to go in person at Newark.

Do you know what kind of visa she entred USA with? Did they adviced her come to get her new fingerprinting. I have not received any instructions yet.
Do you think in generally is it better to use a lawyer?