NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

SWaiting

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody,
Can we keep in touch with this thread for the people who have applied in Newark office for GC thru Marriage or a Relative..

My dates are :

Mailing Date 6/17/03.
ND : 6/18/03
FP : 7/16/03....
EAD : ??
AD : ??

goodluck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
zking, immigrate01 - any updates ?

Keeping the thread alive...
immigrate01, zking - any updates ?

Received EAD Interview letter yesterday. The interview is in mid Sep. Any ideas how much early you have to go there ???

Immigrate01, zking - any updates on your AOS ??

goodluck

SWaiting,

My husband priority date is: (Newark NJ)

June 13,
FP: July 03

EAD: No news

Also, I have never heard about EAD interview. It is something new or if you file it at the local office you have to go for an interview.

Please reply.
Thanks.

ikazmi,
if VSC does the EAD, then its mailed and no pickup is necessary..

however if local office is doing the EAD, mostly they set up a date for interview. Its basically show the documents and they give the EAD. Total waste of time to go and stand there.. But no choice....
Yours should be coming in few days too..

goodluck

SWaiting

My husband's EAD interview is scheduled for Aug 27th.

Do you have any idea what kind of questions they ask and what documents you need to bring for the interview?

Thanks.

Thats good news. As per the letter, since we filled the application after January 4th, I am planning to take the INS Receipt, Proof of residency, passport and I-94 only..

goodluck and keep us updated with your experience....

zking's details for reference..

Application Mailed==11/25/2002
Receipt date==11/27/2002
FingerPrinted== 12/15/2002
EAD== 02/21/2003
AOS interview== Sept/2003(Next Month)==receipt date was 05/26/2003.

Went for the EAD interview today.
The appt was at 9:30 am - 10:30 pm. Went in at 10 am.
No line at the gate.
Went to Room 1300.
10 min after submitting the form, they called and took to room 1304.

At 11:00 am got the EAD....

SSN office on 10th floor was wierd though. Didnt let us apply for the SSN there and asked us to go to the nearest office near home...

:confused:

I applied in Newark office and am still waiting. It is too long. Is anyone have similar status as mine? Please share your experience.

Application Mailed==Feb, 2003
FingerPrinted== May, 2003
EAD== June, 2003
AOS Interview== still waiting

Thanks,
Newland

Newland,
what timeframe and month did your receipt say ? For us it said 10 months in Newark...

goodluck...

I am a little bit confused. There are 2 time line on the paper from INS:

1. I-485, take 240 days processing.
2. I-130, take 300 days processing.

Which one I should go with for AOS interview. If anyone knows, please help me out.

Thanks,
NewLand

In our case it said 300 for both.
Till the I-130 is not approved, I 485 cannot be given..

300 is not a lot considering what other service centers are doing these days...

goodluck

Update my case:

I received interview notice from BCIS today. Interview date will be at 12/2/03.

I saw some posts before regarding what documents should bring when go interview. But I can not find them today. Can any one help me?

Thanks,
NewLand

Newland,
You should take
a) Any document which proves your relationship - joint lease, photos, bank statement, credit card, insurance cards etc..
b) birth certificates
c) marriage certificate
d) copies of your I-485 and I-130 application
e) EAD and I-94 to be returned.

Goodluck. This shows that NJ is doing it in 300 days still like they mentioned...

:p
Updated --

I had AOS interview yesterday, and got passport stamped right away. My receipt date is Feb 21. It took less than 300 days as they said.

The officer only asked a couple of very general questions which show on my application paper, and didn't want to see anything we brought in except passport, I-94 and EAD card. It took less than 10 min.

Thanks

Newland,
congrats for the Gc. Its good to note that you didnt get stuck in the background check... Hopefully we will get ours too soon..

goodluck...