Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Dude, you are committing a mini-fraud by not changing your DL to NJ. NJ clearly states that you need to have NJ DL if you are a resident of NJ. Lucky you didn't get caught by a cop. Why didn't you change the DL ??. to save $$$ on your car insurance ??.

Go get your DL changed ASAP and hope USCIS never discovers. Not changing the DL itself is not a crime but it will be obvious to the IO that there is something wrong with you right away as soon as he sees your Florida DL.

Dude, you are committing a mini-fraud by not changing your DL to NJ. NJ clearly states that you need to have NJ DL if you are a resident of NJ. Lucky you didn't get caught by a cop. Why didn't you change the DL ??. to save $$$ on your car insurance ??.

Go get your DL changed ASAP and hope USCIS never discovers. Not changing the DL itself is not a crime but it will be obvious to the IO that there is something wrong with you right away as soon as he sees your Florida DL.

kaatupaadi: I live across from NYC, I work in NYC and spend most of my days there. I do not drive and do not have a need for a car (I use cabs/subways/path trains in NJ). So I never bothered to go to DMV to change my DL. The only use I have for it is to enter bars in NYC......But I guess I should go change it to stop committing a "mini-fraud"... Thanks

kaatupaadi: I live across from NYC, I work in NYC and spend most of my days there. I do not drive and do not have a need for a car (I use cabs/subways/path trains in NJ). So I never bothered to go to DMV to change my DL. The only use I have for it is to enter bars in NYC......But I guess I should go change it to stop committing a "mini-fraud"... Thanks

You are supposed to have DL of the state you Live in as a resident. if you think you have real valid reason to have FL DL, try your luck at the interview.

I think you have to show the DL from NJ during the interview, I am not an expert but how do you show the FL DL at the interview and I am sure you did mention that you live in the current address ( at the time of applying N400) for than a year; so it is obvious that you moved here and didn't apply for the new DL for a year +.

You are in trouble if a cop stops you and there are other implications, does some one at your FL address checking your mails?. As other member mentioned it is agaonst the NJ DMV and not sure how long the Fl DL is valis if your primary residence is out side FL.

I think you need to go to NJ DMV asap, there used to be a long wait for driving test scheduled, I am not sure how it is now ( If I am not mistaken, you need to take the driving tst agan, pls check)

Updating my N400 Timeline

DO: Newark, NJ
9/12/09 : N400 Mailed by USPS Priority Mail
9/14/09 : Priority Date/Receipt Date
9/18/09 : NOA letter received
9/26/09 : FP notice received
10/9/09 : FP Appointment(done as schedule)
XX/XX/09: Yellow Notice received
XX/XX/09: Interview Notice received
XX/XX/09: Interview date and Oath date

Does anyone know, what is the alternative if applicant does not have DL. Is there any option/alternative mentioned in Yellow letter to bring on ID? Please advise. Thanks

FP Done

My FP appointment was for 11/24/09 I have clients visiting our site on that date so I completed my FP at Elizabeth today. The staff were very cordial and helpful.

Yellow Letter - Citation

Hey folks,

I received my yellow letter - it said to bring in the DL and it also said that "since you indicated that you were arrested, please bring all the relevant documents/court disposition etc etc etc....."

But, I never said in my application that I was arrested. I had a speeding citation and I had indicated that I paid the fine of $100.

Is this ok or have they misunderstood something and should I be concerned about my application and interview?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike

Hey folks,

I received my yellow letter - it said to bring in the DL and it also said that "since you indicated that you were arrested, please bring all the relevant documents/court disposition etc etc etc....."

But, I never said in my application that I was arrested. I had a speeding citation and I had indicated that I paid the fine of $100.

Is this ok or have they misunderstood something and should I be concerned about my application and interview?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike
It's standard verbiage on the yellow letter when you disclose a citation, even if you were never arrested.

LUD Change again today (11/11)
Details updated in Signature

I wonder how come the LUD got changed today as today is Veteran's day and a USCIS Holiday

I know that at Newark the interview and oath are within same day.

Did anybody postponed the oath once the interview has passed? I'd like to do the oath few days later because I need my Greencard next day.

Do I have to send a request to USCIS center before/after my interview or can I just walk-in for the postponed oath?

Thank you !

Use Naturalization Certificate

I know that at Newark the interview and oath are within same day.

Did anybody postponed the oath once the interview has passed? I'd like to do the oath few days later because I need my Greencard next day.

Do I have to send a request to USCIS center before/after my interview or can I just walk-in for the postponed oath?

Thank you !

Use you Naturalization Certificate, it is a huge upgrade compared to gc.:D

I think Naturalization Certificate can't be used to enter to US, isn't it ?

The only accepted forms are GC and US Passport.

For LPR, GC is required for land/sea travel, wheres GC and foreign passport for air travel.

For naturalized citizens, a naturalization certificate is not sufficient for travel.

FP question

Does any one who done FP at Elizabeth on or after 10/24 heard anything yet. I saw a thread on an issue at Alexandria DO and wondering is that just DO specific or affected other DOs as well

Thanks

LUD Change again today (11/11)
Details updated in Signature

I wonder how come the LUD got changed today as today is Veteran's day and a USCIS Holiday

Hi
what is NOA date?
I sent in my application and I see from my bank account that the check has been cashed?
Do they send NOA or some document to our home by mail?
also, is there an online link where we can track the status?

Last edited by a moderator: