Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

sent application forms on 1/3/2009 and check got cashed on 1/12. no NOA letter yet. hopefully today. good luck!

No interview yet

I called IO several times and took Infopass appt as well.
I am told everything is clear (name check, fp, etc) since October.
Wondering why the interview has not been scheduled.
Anyone having the same experience?

I think they received my package on the 6th but so far they still do not cash my check. Should I worry about it? Any place I can call to find out what's going on???

Finally completed my interview on 01/21/09. Newark,NJ office is very good as they try their best to schedule you for the same day oath. my interview was scheduled at 1:20pm but i was able to get in at 12:40pm. Actual interview was happen at 2:15 pm and oath started at 4:00pm..

So.. it took almost four hours from start to finish... interview only lasted for about 8-9 minutes. Good luck to everyone who waiting for their interview.

FYI, My case was stuck in a namecheck for almost 2 1/2 years when i applied for green card. but my citizen ship took only 4 months total since i applied. this will give hope to some people with similar situation.

Congratulations! please share

Could you please share your interview experiance.
what type of Q asked and allthose stuff.

Thanks

What’s up with the Newark-VSC!
We did not hear any people from newark...
So we can conclude that there is a delay in Newark office!

Take care

Finally completed my interview on 01/21/09. Newark,NJ office is very good as they try their best to schedule you for the same day oath. my interview was scheduled at 1:20pm but i was able to get in at 12:40pm. Actual interview was happen at 2:15 pm and oath started at 4:00pm..

So.. it took almost four hours from start to finish... interview only lasted for about 8-9 minutes. Good luck to everyone who waiting for their interview.

FYI, My case was stuck in a namecheck for almost 2 1/2 years when i applied for green card. but my citizen ship took only 4 months total since i applied. this will give hope to some people with similar situation.
Congrats ! Could you please share your experience ?

I got my fingerprint notice today and it is scheduled for 2/19. I am going to try walk-in this weekend, will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

FP is in Newark or Elizabeth?

Hi I just received the FP letter, and found the FP address is

USCIS NEWARK
285 NORTH BROAD STREET
ELIZABETH NJ 07208

I remember other people did the fp in Newark, it looks like CSCIS changed the fp address. Is that right? Could you shed some light where you did the fp recently? I really appreciate your response.

Cheers

Elizabeth !

FP is done at Elizabeth, NJ, the local ASC for Newark.

Hi I just received the FP letter, and found the FP address is

USCIS NEWARK
285 NORTH BROAD STREET
ELIZABETH NJ 07208

I remember other people did the fp in Newark, it looks like CSCIS changed the fp address. Is that right? Could you shed some light where you did the fp recently? I really appreciate your response.

Cheers

Rescheduling citizenship interview

Hi,

Can anyone let me know what are the consequences of 'Rescheduling citizenship interview', can it be done and if Yes is it going to create any issues?

I have already purchased my air-tickets etc...

Does interview scheduled means 'name check etc' is completed....

Thanks

N-400 Timeline Newark

N-400 Timeline Newark

01/13/2009 -- NOA Received
01/29/2009—Notice date for FP
02/02/2009 -- FP Letter Received
02/19/2009 -- FP Appointment
02/05/2009 -- FP Completed.14 days earlier since we accompany our daughter for her GC replacement since she had reached the age of 14. I requested ASC if they can accommodate us since we're there anyway and they did!
00/00/2009 -- IL Received
00/00/2009 – Interview Date
00/00/2009 : Oath ()

I just received a FP notice scheduled for 2/10/09 at Broad Street Newark.

Just wondering if the fingerprinting is really Newark ? When I tried googling ASC Newark it gives me really Newark. But when I double check my notice using the zip code it shows me Elizabeth, NJ and thank God for GPS we ( wife & me) have our FP done 14 days ahead since our daughter had reached 14 as she is doing FP too. Almost there. right ?:)

interview and Oath ( Same Day ) at Newark

noginoypi : If your local USCIS D/O is Newark,NJ. Then you gonna have interview and Oath Ceremony on the same day. Good luck !!

Punjabi1

Just wondering if the fingerprinting is really Newark ? When I tried googling ASC Newark it gives me really Newark. But when I double check my notice using the zip code it shows me Elizabeth, NJ and thank God for GPS we ( wife & me) have our FP done 14 days ahead since our daughter had reached 14 as she is doing FP too. Almost there. right ?:)

"Hi,

Can anyone let me know what are the consequences of 'Rescheduling citizenship interview', can it be done and if Yes is it going to create any issues?

I have already purchased my air-tickets etc...

Does interview scheduled means 'name check etc' is completed...."

Can anyone answer this please?

delay in interview process

The only "consequence" I see is your interview will be scheduled for later which may result in delay in getting your citizenship. In my opinion It is easier to postpone your travel(if it is not a family emergency) than to reschedule interview. and to answer your question "Yes it can be done".
how to do that they mention in the interview letter.

Good luck!

and yes interview means name check etc is done and you are good to go in 99% cases.
In some cases there have been instances where they scheduled interview but told applicant to wait as some checks were not complete. but that is rare now a days.

Last edited by a moderator: