Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Clarification please

Just wondering if the fingerprinting is really Newark ? When I tried googling ASC Newark it gives me really Newark. But when I double check my notice using the zip code it shows me Elizabeth, NJ and thank God for GPS we ( wife & me) have our FP done 14 days ahead since our daughter had reached 14 as she is doing FP too. Almost there. right ?:)

I am just curious, why do your daughter needed a GC replacement after 14 years?

My son was 12+ when he got his GC. Now he is 17+. I never applied for his GC replacement as I know there is no such requirement for him to do so. I appreciate your input/clarification.

I am just curious, why do your daughter needed a GC replacement after 14 years?

My son was 12+ when he got his GC. Now he is 17+. I never applied for his GC replacement as I know there is no such requirement for him to do so. I appreciate your input/clarification.

My daughter was 11 years old when we got our green cards. USCIS requires when kids reached the age of 14 they have to have GC with finger print on it.
Her GC does not have any print and therefore it has to be replaced.She is now 16 and I should have her card replaced with the form below.She is also a beneficiary for our naturalization, she has to take the FP just the same.
Below is the form that our lawyer file for her and it is found on Part 2 letter g.

"I have reached my 14th birthday since my card was issued"

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90.pdf
I hope this helps.

My daughter was 11 years old when we got our green cards. USCIS requires when kids reached the age of 14 they have to have GC with finger print on it.
Her GC does not have any print and therefore it has to be replaced.She is now 16 and I should have her card replaced with the form below.She is also a beneficiary for our naturalization, she has to take the FP just the same.
Below is the form that our lawyer file for her and it is found on Part 2 letter g.

I hope this helps.
Edit/Delete Message

The only "consequence" I see is your interview will be scheduled for later which may result in delay in getting your citizenship. In my opinion It is easier to postpone your travel(if it is not a family emergency) than to reschedule interview. and to answer your question "Yes it can be done".
how to do that they mention in the interview letter.

Good luck!

and yes interview means name check etc is done and you are good to go in 99% cases.
In some cases there have been instances where they scheduled interview but told applicant to wait as some checks were not complete. but that is rare now a days.

Gurus...What are the chances of delays after the interview in getting Passport, Visa for India...I will need to travel to India after the interview process...

1. If the Oath ceremony is not done the same day I have heard it can be delayed for some time, Can I travel on my GC during that period?

2. What is the usual turnaround time after the interview to get Passport and Indian visa?

3. Do Indian embassy issue, PIO card same day or there is a backlog for that?

Please reply soon...I have to make changes to my tickets etc...

answers

1. If the Oath ceremony is not done the same day I have heard it can be delayed for some time, Can I travel on my GC during that period?
-For newark NJ it is same day. when you pass interview and take citizenship they take away your GC so you will not be able to travel on that.

2. What is the usual turnaround time after the interview to get Passport and Indian visa?
-US passport you can get in a day. Search for a post in nY thread where guy got his passport in a day!

3. Do Indian embassy issue, PIO card same day or there is a backlog for that?
-Your best bet is go for a emergency tourist visa if your travel is so urgent. worry about PIO/OCI after you come back.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification. Good luck with your N-400 process.

BAK

I called IO several times and took Infopass appt as well.
I am told everything is clear (name check, fp, etc) since October.
Wondering why the interview has not been scheduled.
Anyone having the same experience?
I have same PD date with pdak, also called IO several times and took Infopass appt last week.
I was told everything is clear (name check, fp, etc) since October and my case is with NBC.
Wondering why haven't received IL.
Anyone having the same experience? anyone with Sept PD stilling waiting for IL?

I have same PD date with pdak, also called IO several times and took Infopass appt last week.
I was told everything is clear (name check, fp, etc) since October and my case is with NBC.
Wondering why haven't received IL.
Anyone having the same experience? anyone with Sept PD stilling waiting for IL?
Based on my experience, you could receive something anytime soon.

FP walkin

Joining the Thread
I heard that we can go for FP walkin on Wednesday/ saturday afternoon. I am thiniking to go for FP this coming Wednesday 02/11. Do you think its ok to go too early for FP? Is it gonna be any problem for me???

Newark D/O
01/21/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
01/23/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
01/28/09 : Check Cashed
01/23/09 :priority Date
01/28/09 :Notice Date.
02/03/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)

02/09/09 :FP Notice Received
02/24/09 :FP Appointment (Hackensack ASC)
xx/xx/xx :FP Walkin
xx/xx/09 :Interview Letter.
xx/xx/09 :Interview & Oath Ceremony(Same Day)

noginoypi, your advise needed!

I hope this helps.

My son is now 17. I wasn't aware of the green card replacement requirement at 14 until I read your post. Infact I have started revisiting this forum only recently as the time for filing our naturalization is approaching. I am thinking of applying now for my son's GC replacement, but I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this topic, and so need your advise. The instructions to I-90 were a bit confusing for me so. Here are a few questions that come in to my mind:

1. With the application, do I need to send the filing fee $290 and biometrics fee $80, since it is more than 30 days since my son turned 14? ( I think the filing fee is waived only if we file within 30 days)

2. Do I need to submit any photographs?

3. Do I need to enclose the original existing green card with the application?

I know these questions might seem silly to you but I found contradicting information about it. Since you have applied recently, your first hand experience is a very reliable source of information for me. Also, if you have any links to threads or any more information about this. Please do let me know.

Thank you.

I requested the services of the same lawyer we had for our greencards and she did mentioned that once my daughter reached the age of 14 she has to do the finger printing.I have completely forgotten this and she is now 16 and the more I need the services of a lawyer for our naturalization as I don't want to have problem on this delicate process called naturalization.
The lawyer used I-90 and we paid through the law firm.
You only need to submit a photocopy back to back of the greencard.
Yes you need to enclose passport size (2) pictures.
Your questions are not silly they are valid that is why I got the services of the same lawyer even though I was told we can do this ourselves.
With many complications going on in immigration, the last thing I won't take changes on is this matter of our naturalization.After all she only charged us
$ 800 for the 3 of us.
Let me know if you have questions as I browse this site frequently again.
Best of luck to all of us !

My son is now 17. I wasn't aware of the green card replacement requirement at 14 until I read your post. Infact I have started revisiting this forum only recently as the time for filing our naturalization is approaching. I am thinking of applying now for my son's GC replacement, but I couldn't find a thread dedicated to this topic, and so need your advise. The instructions to I-90 were a bit confusing for me so. Here are a few questions that come in to my mind:

1. With the application, do I need to send the filing fee $290 and biometrics fee $80, since it is more than 30 days since my son turned 14? ( I think the filing fee is waived only if we file within 30 days)

2. Do I need to submit any photographs?

3. Do I need to enclose the original existing green card with the application?

I know these questions might seem silly to you but I found contradicting information about it. Since you have applied recently, your first hand experience is a very reliable source of information for me. Also, if you have any links to threads or any more information about this. Please do let me know.

Thank you.

Thanks!

I requested the services of the same lawyer we had for our greencards and she did mentioned that once my daughter reached the age of 14 she has to do the finger printing.I have completely forgotten this and she is now 16 and the more I need the services of a lawyer for our naturalization as I don't want to have problem on this delicate process called naturalization.
The lawyer used I-90 and we paid through the law firm.
You only need to submit a photocopy back to back of the greencard.
Yes you need to enclose passport size (2) pictures.
Your questions are not silly they are valid that is why I got the services of the same lawyer even though I was told we can do this ourselves.
With many complications going on in immigration, the last thing I won't take changes on is this matter of our naturalization.After all she only charged us
$ 800 for the 3 of us.
Let me know if you have questions as I browse this site frequently again.
Best of luck to all of us !

Thanks a lot noginoypi, appreciate your reply.

FingerPrinting at Hackensack ASC

Tomorrow 02/11, I am planning to go for Walkin FP at Hackensack ASC. Do they allow Walkin Approximately 2 weeks earlier than scheduled date? somebody please share your past experience.

Newark D/O
01/21/09:N-400 Application Mailed to Lewsville Lockbox
01/23/09 :N-400 Received By Lockbox
01/28/09 : Check Cashed
01/23/09 :priority Date
01/28/09 :Notice Date.
02/03/09 :NOA Received ( I-797C)

02/09/09 :FP Notice Received
02/24/09 :FP Appointment (Hackensack ASC)
xx/xx/xx :FP Walkin
xx/xx/09 :Interview Letter.
xx/xx/09 :Interview & Oath Ceremony(Same Day)

Tomorrow 02/11, I am planning to go for Walkin FP at Hackensack ASC. Do they allow Walkin Approximately 2 weeks earlier than scheduled date? somebody please share your past experience.

Hi Punjabi1

Please, do share your walk-in FP experience at Hackensack, NJ ASC.