Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Call the 1-800 number choose option 1-2-3, tell the rep it's been more than 30 days since you applied and haven't received a receipt notice. Don't tell the rep anything else. The rep will then transfer your call to an IO who will be able to give you a status update.

Call the 1-800 number choose option 1-2-3, tell the rep it's been more than 30 days since you applied and haven't received a receipt notice. Don't tell the rep anything else. The rep will then transfer your call to an IO who will be able to give you a status update.

What a great suggestion Bob. I really appreciate it so much. Thanks.

The IO said that my background and FP checks have been cleared on Oct 9th. Its just awaiting further processing and is on track.

Hello BMKHYD & All,
I need information on Walk-IN for Fingerprint.
What are the days and timings for WALK-IN at Newark -Commerce St office.
What is the procdures...

could please respond.

Thanks

What a great suggestion Bob. I really appreciate it so much. Thanks.

The IO said that my background and FP checks have been cleared on Oct 9th. Its just awaiting further processing and is on track.

That's great news. Don't be afraid to call every few weeks for an update since the IOs really don't mind..in fact they encourage you to call back if you have any questions.

What are the procedures...

could you please respond.

Thanks

Hi Pdak,

I have same PD and FP date. Haven't received IL yet. Have you called 1-800 number talk to IO? I think we are stuck in the name check. Pls keep us posted with your status.

nj1999,

You can follow Bob's suggestion and find out the details on your case.
For me, the IO said that my background check cleared on Oct 1 and FP cleared on Oct 9.
Its a bit weird given that my FP was done on Oct 9th. I will confirm with another IO again tomorrow.

nj1999,

For me, the IO said that my background check cleared on Oct 1 and FP cleared on Oct 9.
Its a bit weird given that my FP was done on Oct 9th. I will confirm with another IO again tomorrow.

Hi pdak,

I called IO a week earlier, they basically told me the exactly same thing as they told you. hopefully our case move along as time goes by.

nj1999,

Pdak,

Don't worry abt FP. They have speed up process and usually get result of FP within 24 hrs. I think you are good with FP.

Nime1,
09/08/08: Priority Date
10/09/08: FP Done
12/01/08: IL Received
01/15/09: IL Scheduled

Pdak,

Don't worry abt FP. They have speed up process and usually get result of FP within 24 hrs. I think you are good with FP.

Nime1,
09/08/08: Priority Date
10/09/08: FP Done
12/01/08: IL Received
01/15/09: IL Scheduled

Probably true. I checked again this morning with another IO and he gave me the same information.
Wondering if the delay has to do with my applying 90 days before my 5 yr completion in PR status.

What are the procedures...

could you please respond.

Thanks

I went on a sat. morning fo walkin fp in newark. They will ask u a reason u want to fp before ur fp date. Processing application early is not accepted. as for me i showed them my flight ticket.

Pdak,

Did you get ur IL ?

Regards,
Nime1

No.
I think my case is stuck in name check. I got different responses from different IO's. Some of them said my name check was clear and I was good to go while some others said my case is still stuck in name check.
I have an infopass appt tomorrow. Let's see if I can get a definitive answer.

No.
I think my case is stuck in name check. I got different responses from different IO's. Some of them said my name check was clear and I was good to go while some others said my case is still stuck in name check.

Best of luck!

InfoPass?

No.

Could you please explain what is 'infopass'. what is the procedure and
how do we get it. What is the benefit.

Thanks

Best Time to apply for N400

Hello Guys,
Thanks guys for posting your past experience. Its a great help and clear lots of doubts.
My wife is on GC and finishing her 4 years and 9 months on Jan 21, 2009.
1. I heard that we can apply for Citizenship 90 days before 5 years. So should we Mail her application on 19th of January so that USCIS vermont Center received her Application on Jan 21.?

2. By looking at different Posts it looks like majority of people who applied in late 2008...got PP within 4 1/2 months? Is thats True? ( Vermont / Newark)

Thanks in Advance
Punjabi1