Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Hey anyone got an IL from early - Mid september'08 priority date? please post your update if you received IL.

hey I just got IL today. I have applied early september'08. Please see below my timeline.

Thanks to all. This forum has been very informative.

Regards,
nime1

09/08/08: Priority Date
10/09/08: FP Done
12/01/08: IL Received
01/15/08: IL Scheduled

hey I just got IL today. I have applied early september'08. Please see below my timeline.

Thanks to all. This forum has been very informative.

Regards,
nime1

01/15/08: IL Scheduled

nime1,

Has your case disappeared online yet?

thx

nime1,

Has your case disappeared online yet?

thx

NO change in online status. Still it shows me same message.. your case has recieved and pending............ etc.........

Why my case should disappear?

Mr Vertigo ,

You are rite.. it 01/15/09.. my bad...
:p

NO change in online status. Still it shows me same message.. your case has recieved and pending............ etc.........

Why my case should disappear?

Mr Vertigo ,

You are rite.. it 01/15/09.. my bad...
:p

Ok Thanks. For what I've read in this forum, fo some, the case disappears once a IL is issued and case is transferred to the local uscis office i.e Newark DO.

Ok Thanks. For what I've read in this forum, fo some, the case disappears once a IL is issued and case is transferred to the local uscis office i.e Newark DO.

Pdak,

My case disappeared this morning. I think you are right. My case might moved to local office i-e. Newark.

Thanks for your input.

Best of luck to you.

Regards,
Nime1

01/15/09: IL Scheduled

New poster

Just wanted to share my timelines.

Date app sent: Nov 10
App received: Nov 13
Check cashed: Nov 14
NOA issued: Nov 28
Priority date: Nov 13
FP appt: Dec 17

My updated time line listed below

My time line listed below

Application mailed: 09/12/08
Application received: 09/15/08
Priority date: 09/15/08
Check cashed: 09/16/08
Notice date: 09/16/08
Notice received: 09/19/08
Fingerprint appt notice: 09/25/08
Fingerprint appt date: 10/17/08
Fingerprint Done: 10/01/08 (Newark ASC Walk-In)
Interview letter received: 12/04/2008
Interview scheduled Date: 01/21/2009

Online status did not change yet. I will check again tomorrow to see if the case disappears.

Hi
This forum has been really helpful to me about my processing time and interview.i thank you everyone for sharing this valuable information on this site
I would like to share my interview experience
i applied in aug 08 and got fingerprints done in sept 08 was scheduled for an interview on 5 dec o8 at 1.30 p.m .
I was in office around 12.30 and gave my interview letter at window 1 ..the lady gave me red paper to fill out for a test whether i want old version or new redesigned test.
i filled that red paper and select new redesigned test after 1.10 minutes an officer annouced my name and told me come to door 2 ...please make sure guys to pay attention to the name when officer call u coz it is some time hard to understand the way they prounouce it and the dont speak loud..dont get confused with windows and doors coz for interview u have go to the door 1 ,2 or 3 .....
the offier took me to her cabin and ask me to raise right hand for oath after oak she ask me to sit and thus started asking all the questions from application...
such as
have u commited any crime ,etc?
she did ask abt my gc i.e how was qualified to get g.c ?
then she started asking civics questions , i ans all 6 right and she gave me small sentence to write .....what is capital of u.s?
she gave me paper back with stating that i passed the test and told me to wait outside till my name will be called at window 2 ..i waited there for an hour again and was called at window 2 they took my g.c and told me to sign certificate and ask me run to oath ceremony as it was abt to start.
the oath took 10 minutes and gave me certifcate.i was so excited...
guys dont forget to update ur ss no as office is on 5 th floor .

Hi,
So.. I did receive my IL last week. Interview is scheduled on 01/21/08 at Newark office.

I was stuck in the Name check process for my Green Card for about 2.5 years. So, this time i was very concern. But, thank god this time it was little easy.

This information will give some hope to other people like me who already gone through painfull name check process during their GC application and also worried for the same on N400 application.

09/03/08: Mailed Application
09/04/08: Application received by USCIS
09/08/08: Check cashed
09/13/08: Receipt Notice received
09/18/08: FP notice received
10/07/08: Finger print done
12/02/08: IL Received
01/14/09: Interview
?????????: Oath
?????????: US CITIZEN

***** my case has not disappeared online yet.........********************

Last edited by a moderator:
12/02/08: IL Received
01/14/09: Interview

***** my case has not disappeared online yet.........********************

Same here... No change to my case status online. It still says application received.. i also subscribed to "email update" and no email regarding activity on my case."

2nf FP received

Hi Guys.

I received 2nd FP Notice today.

DO-newark
PD-04/07
1st FP-05/07
2nd FP-12/20/2008

But the FP address is 285 north broad street elizabeth NJ and Not the
24, commerce street..is this a mistake?

also when can I expect IL?

Thanks

parking at 285 nbroad street elizabeth NJ

Hi Guys,

I am in newark NJ DO. They sent me a FP notice to go at
285 north broad street elizabeth NJ not the regular commerce street newark.

anyone knows parking situation there? Could you please let me know if you already know?
(I am searching on google too)

Thanks

IL not received yet

Haven't received my IL yet.
Any advice on the next steps?
Can I schedule an infopass appointment at the Newark office or do I need to wait?

Haven't received my IL yet.
Any advice on the next steps?
Can I schedule an infopass appointment at the Newark office or do I need to wait?

Hi Pdak,

I have same PD and FP date. Haven't received IL yet. Have you called 1-800 number talk to IO? I think we are stuck in the name check. Pls keep us posted with your status.

Hi Pdak,

I have same PD and FP date. Haven't received IL yet. Have you called 1-800 number talk to IO? I think we are stuck in the name check. Pls keep us posted with your status.

I talked to a service rep at the 800 number. They refuse to provide any more information since the case is within the processing timeframe of 7 months. You can try as well and see if you get a different response.

I talked to a service rep at the 800 number. They refuse to provide any more information since the case is within the processing timeframe of 7 months. You can try as well and see if you get a different response.

You have to talk to an IO, not a service rep to get specific case information.