Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Hi:

Just wanted to update my status:

PD 06/04/2007
NOA 06/15/2007
FP 07/11/2007
IL 11/22/2007
ID 02/06/2008

my wife also has same dates except ID is 02/05/2008.

Thanks for sharing that info. At least we know that there someone who has an PD on June got IL already.

After FP

Hello All,

I was wondering what is the process after FP taken? FP check and name check comes to the VSC or Newark? After both finger print and name check clear, they send the interview letter? Also one more question: Each case is taken care of one person from the beginning to the end or each employee there take care of all cases the order they receive?? Any idea?

Please update any interview letters or interview experiences at Newark.

Thanks.

Interview Re-Scheduled/De-Scheduled

I was supposed to have my interview on 11/28/2007. But I received a letter on November 3 rd mentioning that my interview has been de-scheduled because of unforeseen issues. I tried calling them couple of times and finally the person mentioned that my files have not arrived from Vermont to Newark.

Please advise whether there is any one else in the same situation. They could not give a time line and told me to wait for 30 to 60 days.

Interview on 12/5/2007

Guys,

Finally I am a USA citizen...:)

I am outlining my interview and oath experience here for your convinience.

I was scheduled to be interviewed at 8:30 am on 12/05/2007. After reading lots of discussions on this board I had taken with all possible documents and copies of the same. It was a very cold morning wittle scattered snow. I started from home which is about 11 miles from the Federal building at around 7:15 am...The Garden State Pwy traffic made be literally nervous going at the speed of 10 miles/hr...I was praying to reach on time..As answers to my prayers(??), the traffic picked up speed and I reached Newark downtown at 8:05 am. Passed the federal building on Braoadway St and missed the Court street I was looking to park my car...for $10 a day as some of you had suggested. However, I was lucky to locate this $7.00 a day parking at the intersection of Green St and Braodway..Its a small parking and gets full fast. As it was early hour, I found a place comfortably. Walked a block to federal building..

Reached the 15th floor at around 8:15 and and handed over my IL at window 1. The man at the window asked me to wait for my name to be called.

At 8:45 am I was called in. The officer was very polite and gentle. His name is Mike Gold. He took me to his cabin and asked me stand up for a oath "I speak the truth and nothing but the truth' kind. Then I was asked to place my greencard and passport on the table. He asked me to take a seat while he pulled my application. There were a couple of questions like name change that I had not ansered on N-400. He asked me to fill and sign.

He went through my application line by line and only stopped to ask about my current position. I answered. There were NO questions as to why I left my employer after obtaining the GC or my traffic violations. There were a couple of small mistakes like where I stayed during last 5 yrs which he overlooked. I was little concerned...but thank God.

Then he went on to ask the oral questions from Civics lessons. They were pretty simple and all the 10 were from the 96 question pool. I got 10 out of 10...:). Then he asked me to read a simple English sentence from a list of sentences he had. Then he asked what was my first language..I told. He asked me to translate the given sentence into my FL and write it on the paper. I did. That was it. he asked me to fill an application and sighned with Newark NJ etc..

I picked my passport and GC and was out of there at 9:20 am. He walked me out and asked me to wait till my name is called. Ha ha none of the documents were seen or copies were asked...:D

Again at around 11:15 am, I was called at window 2 to surrender the form (that the officer gave) and GC. Oooops my beloved GC is gone now.

I was waiting in the same area before being called for Oath at 11:45 am.

Thats it. We went in (may be around 50-100 people?). The oath ceremony opened with a speech, oath ceremony (u raise hand and repeat the oath) proceeded with President's speech congratulating us and patriotic songs. Ended with each of us getting a "Certificate of Naturalization". Everything ended by around 1 :00 pm...

I plan to apply for my passport this weekend.

Best of luck to all....:D:D

I was supposed to have my interview on 11/28/2007. But I received a letter on November 3 rd mentioning that my interview has been de-scheduled because of unforeseen issues. I tried calling them couple of times and finally the person mentioned that my files have not arrived from Vermont to Newark.

Please advise whether there is any one else in the same situation. They could not give a time line and told me to wait for 30 to 60 days.
Was your online status still available?

Hello,

Some people are just lucky I guess. Because the customer service rept was no nice. And she informed me that VSC is currently processing cases of April 19th , 2007 and because my receipt date is in June , I should wait 2 more months. She also mentioned my case is pending at VSC.

thanks.

leyefe12,

I don't think they are informing right nowadays. In early November, some applicants got their interview letter who applied in May.

Your case is pending at VSC means, you are stuck in the name check?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

My wife has interview in newark office.
she is 9 months pregnant.
1. Can I accompany her inside the building.

Yes.

My wife accompanied me.

She just couldn't come inside of the office itself where the interviewer was. Only time your wife is allowed is if you are applying based on marriage (3 years).

2. Can we ask them to take her early in in order that we make oath in the morning. she has interview at 1:20.

Most likely NO.

The office is super crowded there. They will most likely tell you no.

Those who applied in apr/may and didnt get ILs

Hi,

Those who applied in april/early may and did not get ILs yet can just assume they are stuck in name check. I think for those who are not stuck in name check, they can assume the processing time for abt 7-8 months. Those who applied in april would be US Citizens by end of dec.

I applied in april 07. My status did not change and also some people around my time already got their citizenship.

I am just fearing what if my application gets buried under all these new name checks that will be there for the new applicants then I am looking at years of wait till they even get to it.

Let us get realistic and not have false hopes.

Wish all the best to everyone (including me) who are waiting

regards

Got the Interview letters for myself and my wife just now.

Timeline Self:

Mailed Application - 6/7/07
RD - 6/11/07
PD - 6/11/07
Check Cashed - 6/20/07
PD Recieved - 6/29/07
FP Notice Recd - 7/5/07
FP Date - 7/19/07
IL Received - 12/10/07
Interview Scheduled - 2/13/08

Timeline for my Wife:
Mailed Application - 6/22/07
RD - 6/25/07
PD - 6/25/07
Check Cashed - 7/5/07
PD Received - 7/16/07
FP Notice Recd - 7/16/07
FP Date - 8/1/07
IL Received - 12/10/07
Interview Scheduled - 2/25/08

u wont believe this!!!!

I am still in shock BUT
I just received interviev letter. This morning I was told to wait for 2 months!! This was a great suprize!
But now I have some questions please help.
Does everyone receive 3 pages? Does it say initial interview on everyones letter?
Panicked a little.
Thank you!

leyefe12,

Congratulations:) What date does it say on the letter?

We shoudl not believe anything they say. Everbody has different case, background, etc. so we should be calm and wait.

I am still in shock BUT
I just received interviev letter. This morning I was told to wait for 2 months!! This was a great suprize!
But now I have some questions please help.
Does everyone receive 3 pages? Does it say initial interview on everyones letter?
Panicked a little.
Thank you!

please, let us know if your online info has been changed and if so, when did it happen.
thank you

timeline update

application sent - 06/23/07
NOA received - 07/19/07
FP notice recd - 07/21/07
FP taken -08/03/07
Interview Letter Received- 12/10/07
Interview Date - 02/25/08

now, where can i find the updated civic questions?

online status

My online status has not changed. And I realized, the customer service rep. also reads from the same update. So I think it is better to wish for the best annd think positive and just wait. I think they are doing a good job if you are not stuck in the name check. And I dont know why ppl stuck.

I have ONE QUESTION and would appreciate answers if you have any.

My interview is scheduled to be at 2 PM. Does this mean my oath date wont be on the same date AS i keep reading ppl all have morning interviews...Anyone read anything about it before? Or anyone with same experience...

Thank you!

leyefe congrats and relax

Leyefe12,

First Congrats!

Relax they conduct oaths at 1:30 and 4:30. so I believe you will have time for coffee and snack after the interview:)

Regards