Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

bunny007,

How many days does it takes for the congressman to getback to you on your inquiry?

pmg said:
bunny007,

How many days does it takes for the congressman to getback to you on your inquiry?

pmg,

Upto 45 days, I have a feeling like CIS processing its very random, may not hear back also unless Cogressman's office is persistent.

Hi pvnind, Looks like the processing time has reduced....i am along those dates...

PD - 05/08/2006
FP - 05/30/2006
ID - 08/22/2006

slashvar said:
Hi pvnind, Looks like the processing time has reduced....i am along those dates...

PD - 05/08/2006
FP - 05/30/2006
ID - 08/22/2006

I had my FP done 5/19/06, haven't received the notice yet. Was your case disappeard from website already?

Who e'r had recent interviews ( in June ) Can you please post your experience. Should i be aware of any recent developments ? I have mine on the 29th. I 'll keep you all posted.

Finally its over

All,

I finally got over my dual A# issue and took oath on Tuesday, June 27th.

Here's my timeline and story.

PD - Jan 23 2006
PF - Feb 21 2006
ID - Jun 01 2006 - passed but Dual A file noticed
Oath Jun 27 2006

After my Interview I had called EWR office - naturalization unit and asked how long it takes dual A-file to come from NRC. [My IO had said it was at NRC. national records center]. The officer replied about 2-3 weeks. So I had made a point to call and follow up in that timeframe. I finally called last friday and did not get an officer, so kept trying. On the 4th call I was connected and mentioned

- I need to check the status of my case. The officer was very helpful and asked me to told 2-3 times which I said i don't mind at all. He finally got the time and took my A#[GC]. He looked it up and said your case is approved, why were you not administered oath?

- I said I had a dual a#, and he confirmed.

- I asked is my 2nd file recieved yet? He said het me check. On hold again. Came back and said its in the DO and asked me to told again

- Can back after 5 mins with the file, and asked did you live in Pittsburg during GC, I said yes and it was a long time ago. He confirmed that I live in NJ DO currently.

- I mentioned I had a sick relative back home and if I travel I did not want to miss my oath appt. He said he felt sorry for me.

- I asked how many more weeks/months do I need to wait for my oath appointment ??

- He said when do you want to do it? Monday AM?? I was a bit shocked at this and it took a minute for me to digest it! I finally said Tuesday PM will be fine.

- I then asked will my files be merged by then by my IO and he said he can take care of/request that.

- I was delighted and pessimistic at the same time. I asked how can I get my oath letter in time [no time to get mail??]. he asked me do I have e-mail?

- I confirmed and said its on the n-400 application. He checked and said he will send one to that address by the evening. I went home to find that there!!

- Finally went in for oath at 4PM and after doing the standard process walked out with my Natz certificate by 5PM. I still cannot believe it happened. But I will thank the immigration god! No complaints.

So fellow collegues its worth picking the phone and trying. At most you will not be successful and you hear a no.

So end to end it took 5 months with a Dual A#. I told the same to my immigration attorneys whom I had consulted and they are pleasently surprised.

So I wish all of my dear brethen the very best! - futcitizen - Not anymore ;)

A decision cannot yet be made about your application

Friends,

I had my interview today. The IO was very nice gentlemen. Had a friendly chat, reviewed my application. Asked questions related to my residence , work , offenses , affiliations. I had a quick computer generated 6 questions ( all from the sample questions ). And a sentence to write in English . He checked the passed test in English , US History and government.

The frustating part . He said there's a pending file to be received in regards to background check and he said this is beyond his official limits. I may have to wait till i hear from DO for oath. I guess i 've joined our friends who are waiting on the Name check.

N400 application date : Mar 3rd
FP date : Mar 29th
Interview notice date : May 2nd
Interview Date : June 29th
Waiting for Name check ???

Post me updates on your cases .

Thanks
scitizen

who gets a double A numbers?

i just want to ask what kind of cases or applicants that got those double or two A numbers???

can't hey be more proactive and determine that prior to interview and clear it to save time, effort and frustrations on the part of applicant?

futcitizen said:
Number for Newark 973 645 2437

All the best!

I tried this number and there is a message saying that they can't give information about the case status through this number, either u have to call the 800 number or take an info pass appointment, so let me know how could you make it ?

orabia said:
I tried this number and there is a message saying that they can't give information about the case status through this number, either u have to call the 800 number or take an info pass appointment, so let me know how could you make it ?
I just called the same number and the lady said she couldn't do anything within 120 days of the interview. I also had an Infopass three weeks ago and got the same answer. A lawsuit is more effective and should save time.

Citizenship question

Hi,

Is there a time gap if you have got your Green Card from Michigan(Nebraska Center) and filed for N-400 (citizenship Application) from New Jersey(Vermont Center)
I got my GC from Michigan.
Last year in early 2005, I moved to NJ. So I applied for my citizenship from NJ on May 1, 2006.

PD- May 3, 2006
FP- May 25, 2006
???? - I have not received any communication after that from INS.

I was going through the forum and saw people who applied with me have already got their interview scheduled.
Has anyone had experience where they have got Green Card from different State or Processing Center and apply for citizenship from another State?
Does this affect your N-400 application in any way?
Shall appreciate if people can share their experience.

Orabia, I just asked for the naturalization unit and the person who came on phone helped me out. I guess you just have to try a few times.

all the best.

citizenship2006 said:
Hi,

Is there a time gap if you have got your Green Card from Michigan(Nebraska Center) and filed for N-400 (citizenship Application) from New Jersey(Vermont Center)
I got my GC from Michigan.
Last year in early 2005, I moved to NJ. So I applied for my citizenship from NJ on May 1, 2006.

PD- May 3, 2006
FP- May 25, 2006
???? - I have not received any communication after that from INS.

I was going through the forum and saw people who applied with me have already got their interview scheduled.
Has anyone had experience where they have got Green Card from different State or Processing Center and apply for citizenship from another State?
Does this affect your N-400 application in any way?
Shall appreciate if people can share their experience.

I have PD April 26, I am still waiting for IL as well.

Sam_c,

Thanks for your interview desc in other thread.
During your interview, was there any reason you were expecting dual A# or name check [I guess the latter is just luck .. or bad luck].

Thanks,