Sent: march 15
Cvd: march 20
PD : march 21
FP : April 13
FP done: May 10( Letter rcvd on o4/20..New Appt for May 10th
Case status: Pending
IL: No

Any new Interviews in August?

The last one in this forum for Interviews is August 21st. Has there been any new interviews scehduled?

Also havent seen any March PD getting interview letters yet...

04/24/2007 Application sent to VSC
05/01/2007 Priority Date
05/07/2007 Check Cashed
05/14/2007 NOA received
05/15/2007 FP Notice received
05/30/2007 FP done
??/??/2007 Online case status disappeared
??/??/2007 IL received
??/??/2007 Interview Date

can I leave the country for few months?

Does anybody know if there's any problems with leaving the country for few month while waiting for interview? appreciate you response... thanks

4/03/2007 : Applications sent by certified post
4/13/2007: Cheques posted (cashed)
4/11/2007: NOA received, PD: 4/06/2007
4/22/2007 : FP notice received.
5/17/2007 : FP appointment. Done.
? : IL received
? : Interview scheduled

newarkAppl0406,

If out of USA few months just before the interview, the Immigration Officer may ask you about it. A business or work reason will be good for your explanation to the officer.

First of all, my sincere apology for not posting my experience immediately

My appt. was at 9:00AM on 06/25/2007, reached there at 8:15 (buffer time for the traffic, for those who know the Rt 280 traffic)
I was called at 9:10 and interview was lasted only 7 min. My wife's appt. was at 9:00. Although both of us arrived at the same time and gave our appt. latters at the same time, she was called for interview around 10:45.

My History and civics Qs were :
What’s the color of our flag?
Who is the current president?
Which amendments give you voting rights?
Who becomes president if both President and Vice President die?
Who was president during civil war?
(I forgot the 6th one)

English sentence to write: He went to the post office.

Only documents passport and green card were asked.
No other document, no question about traffic tickets.
Under the oath, office verified all the information in N400. However officer did verify my trips outside US from my passport. None of them were for more than 6 six months. I noticed during the interview that the officer was in hurry to finish my interview.

There was power failure in the building on 06/25. Newark office folks were nice, they interviewed people till 1:00, had oath ceremony and then whole building was closed.
I guess those who had interview after 1:00 had to come some other day for interview and oath.

D.O. Newark, NJ
(For myself and my spouse)
01/24/2007 Application sent to VCS via USPS registered mail
01/31/2007 Received/Priority Date
02/05/2007 Check cashed
02/12/2007 NOA - Application received mailed on 02/09/2007
02/15/2007 Received FP notice
02/22/2007 FP appt. and done
04/07/2007 NOA for Interview
06/25/2007 Interview/Oath done
06/27/2007 Applied for the US passport

what documents?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update you on my timeline. I had my interview yesterday and took the oath yesterday too. I was a bit nervous because of dual A#s (I know I had a different A# during OPT). I had just included a letter in my application mentioning the dual A# and requesting the files be consolidated for my interview.

My interview was for 1.40. I arrived around 1.25 and they let me in but they were already people waiting there before me. I got called around 3.40, and my interview was done within 10 minutes.

The interview officer asked me for my passport and green card after having me promise to speak the truth. Reviewed my N400 app (i mentioned my traffic ticket as well and said I had a court disposition for it but he said it was not needed). He also asked me the civic questions - just 6.

The interview officer was pretty nice. He made some jokes as well! Also he asked me about my date of marriage and husband's date of birth, etc. I had brought all documents but he said he had copies of all that he needed so he didn't ask for one doc!

Anyway, that was it for the interview and he handed me interview passing sheet and an oath certificate.

The oath was a little after 4.30 and we just did it in the waiting since everyone was kind of tired (they asked if we wanted to stay there or go to the waiting room).

The only benefit to going significantly earlier than your interview would just be mental peace of getting done with it earlier. Other than that, everyone takes oat at the same time. The morning ppl take it around 1.30 and the afternoon ppl around 4.30/5.00.

But yeah, that's about it...quite a relief.

Just thought I'd post my update. I have to look at all my dates so I'll post a timeline after this post.

May I ask what documents did you send together with your application when the first you sent it and may I your your eligibilities?

Thanks

what documents?

Hi guys,

Just wanted to update you on my timeline. I had my interview yesterday and took the oath yesterday too. I was a bit nervous because of dual A#s (I know I had a different A# during OPT). I had just included a letter in my application mentioning the dual A# and requesting the files be consolidated for my interview.

My interview was for 1.40. I arrived around 1.25 and they let me in but they were already people waiting there before me. I got called around 3.40, and my interview was done within 10 minutes.

The interview officer asked me for my passport and green card after having me promise to speak the truth. Reviewed my N400 app (i mentioned my traffic ticket as well and said I had a court disposition for it but he said it was not needed). He also asked me the civic questions - just 6.

The interview officer was pretty nice. He made some jokes as well! Also he asked me about my date of marriage and husband's date of birth, etc. I had brought all documents but he said he had copies of all that he needed so he didn't ask for one doc!

Anyway, that was it for the interview and he handed me interview passing sheet and an oath certificate.

The oath was a little after 4.30 and we just did it in the waiting since everyone was kind of tired (they asked if we wanted to stay there or go to the waiting room).

The only benefit to going significantly earlier than your interview would just be mental peace of getting done with it earlier. Other than that, everyone takes oat at the same time. The morning ppl take it around 1.30 and the afternoon ppl around 4.30/5.00.

But yeah, that's about it...quite a relief.

Just thought I'd post my update. I have to look at all my dates so I'll post a timeline after this post.

May I ask what documents did you send together with your application when the first you sent it and may I ask your your eligibilities ( 3 years married to US citizen or 5 years working in US?

Thanks

need help

I am sorry that this post might not be related,but I need some help.
I just recently finled N-400 form and in the question asking about previous addresses I put 168 Bathurst, instead of 167 Bathurst which was the actual address. All other details like city, state, zip and so far were correct. Does anybody know if I could face delay in my process because of this mistake/
Any info would be appreciated

No problem

Hi,

I dont think it will delay your application. But when you go for interview during course of interview tell the officer that you have the correcttion.

Regards

havegc a question for you

havegc

In the interview..did they ask you how long you stayed with the employer after GC? if you left employer between 6 to 12 months, did they ask for a reason or any document supporting it?

Thanks in advance

Any new IL's

Has there been any new Interview letters for PD in March 2007?

Have not heard any new ILS for a long time....

04/26 - Sent to USCIS
05/01 - PD
05/13 - ND
05/14 - FD
05/30 - FP

March 07 IL

My PD is March 22. Biometrics and background check has been completed, and as of last month I was in the queue for an IL. However, I have not received the appointment letter yet. Would be curious to know if anyone else with a March PD has an IL.

Last edited by a moderator:
tjmar07, How did you find out that your background checks were complete?

My PD is March 22. Biometrics and background check has been completed, and as of last month I was in the queue for an IL. However, I have not received the appointment letter yet. Would be curious to know if anyone else with a March PD has an IL.

March 07 IL

I had to call the service center with regard to another issue. The person I spoke with was very helpful, explained each step, and exactly where my file was in the process. This was at the end of May.

havegc

In the interview..did they ask you how long you stayed with the employer after GC? if you left employer between 6 to 12 months, did they ask for a reason or any document supporting it?

Thanks in advance

No, no such question was asked
Thanks