Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Congrats luveks

Congrats luveks on your success.
Deer are you next in line. I guess there is someone in between having ID of 2/14.

Thank you, Deer and Anando74

I just came back from County Clerk Office where I applied Passport with Expedite Service today. Let's see how long actually does it take to get it.
Also I just dropped off my Voter Registration Application there.

If my menory is correct, Deer, don't you have your interview later this month?

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview is on Feb 21st at 1PM. I guess there is someone else scheduled on the 14th as well.

I found eagercitizen will have an interview on 2/14/06.
I hope eagercitizen will have a sweet Valentine Day with big success.
Also, Dear, please prepare well and I wish you to have great success on 2/21/06.

Thanks Luveks

luveks said:
I found eagercitizen will have an interview on 2/14/06.
I hope eagercitizen will have a sweet Valentine Day with big success.
Also, Dear, please prepare well and I wish you to have great success on 2/21/06.

Thanks Luveks. I had some traffic tickets in past 15-16 years and don't have any records for the older tickets, but looks like Newark doesn't care much about the tickets, so I should be OK. Besides that I don't see any problems, except off course the mysterious black hole of name check and if I get caught into it.... but will find out on 21st

Interview on 14th Feb

Thanks Luveks! Yes, I and my wife have the interview on 14th February. I will post the experience after coming back. I have prepared the 100 sample questions. Will review the N-400 application again. I will take the GC, passport, interview letter, letter from DOT (regarding traffic tickets), tax papers (if needed) with me.

Newark fingerprint experience

Hello everyone,

I have a fingerprint appointment at Newark coming up next week. The appt. is at 10am. I was wondering if someone could share their fingerprinting experience and also let me know how long I can expect to be there? Do they usually call you in at the appt. time and how soon is the whole thing over?

thanks a lot in advance.

sam

sam_c said:
Hello everyone,

I have a fingerprint appointment at Newark coming up next week. The appt. is at 10am. I was wondering if someone could share their fingerprinting experience and also let me know how long I can expect to be there? Do they usually call you in at the appt. time and how soon is the whole thing over?

thanks a lot in advance.

sam

I guess it all depends on the time of the day and how busy they are. My appointment was on a Saturday morning and I was in and out in 15 minutes.

Weekdays may be busier, but not sure.
---------------------------------------
PD: 7/11/05
FP: 8/20/05
ID: 2/21/06

Good Luck EagerCitizen

Good Luck to you.
You 'd be doing a great service if you could post the driving/parking experience at Newark DO. I guess you take 21N, left at E. Kinnet St and right at Orchard St to the DO's parking lot.

happy valentines day eager citizen!!

all the best eager citizen. hope you get a good valentines day gift!

I had my Naturalization Interview and my experience is very similar to Luveks;

My appointment time was at 1:00pm, and I reached there about 12:30pm. I put my Appointment Letter in the box and was called at around 3:00pm (long wait..). Once in the officer room, she first asked me to rais my right hand and asked me if I only told the truth and I answered "Yes". Then, I was asked to sit down and she asked me to give her my green card and passport, then verified my name, DOB and Native Country.

Once she verified those, she started to ask me questions from my N-400 application, Those were all from "Yes", "NO" parts. She asked me if I made any trips outside country after application. I said yes since I had a trip to out of country after application in Dec-05/Jan-06. She asked about the citation for traffic violation. I told her it was Speeding Ticket. She did not ask anything after that (no documents were asked).

After that, she gave me 6 questions from standard 100 questions;

1. Who wrote Star Spangled banner?
2. What is capitol of US
3. Which country we fought during Revolutionary war.
4. Which ship brought pilgrims to America.
5. How may stripes are there in our flag.
6. Which president freed the slaves.

Then, I was asked to write down the short sentense "it is a good job to start with".

After that, she gave me a letter with "Congratulation" and asked me to be in the waiting room for Oath Ceremony at 5:00pm. Interview last just 5 min. or so.

At around 4:30pm, I was called to sign on naturlization certificate and surrender green card. The oath ceremony started at 5:30pm. The video from the President part was skipped as it was not work well , so ceremony lasted just only about 20 min. Then, all of us were freed.

Regardin, driving and parking, I got lost some what as I took exit 58 from Route 78 express. However, I asked at a gas station and they knew where the immigration building was. I parked in paid parking at the intersection of Walnut and Orchar Street.

Congratulations! eagercitizen. Thanks for sharing your experience. One quick question - Are camera cell phones allowed inside the building? Both me and my wife have cell phones with camera and just wondering if they let you bring the cellphones or not? If they don't then I will just make sure to leave it in the car (will save me a trip back to the car at last minute :) )

My interview is on 2/21 at 1PM.

Congratulations, eagercitizen

I'm happy to hear good news from you.
I exactly parked my car where you parked. It costs $12 for 2 hours or over, but it is maximum.

Deer, I had my camera phone with me, but what they asked was just to turn it off. They never checked cell phone itself.

luveks said:
I'm happy to hear good news from you.
I exactly parked my car where you parked. It costs $12 for 2 hours or over, but it is maximum.

Deer, I had my camera phone with me, but what they asked was just to turn it off. They never checked cell phone itself.

Thanks luveks.

Thanks everyone! Yes, my wife cleared the test too. Cell phones are allowed but they ask to shut it off. I saw few people with digital camera during oath ceremony as they wanted to take pictures. I guess that is allowed too.

Decided to check on FBI FB --- Today

Today I had some time and decided to call the FBI to check the status of my Fingerpints.

I was pleasently suprised to know that the FBI had recieved my finger prints electronically the same day that I had them taken at Newark and even more suprising was that they had eletronically cleared them in 1 Minuite... Wow

The customer service person was quoting the time it was recieved and the time NCIS was informed that it was cleared.

Does this mean that I am off the Name check Loop? Or that a different process?