Newark, NJ - N-400 Timeline

Just call the listed ph#

They will ask you for your case # and tell you when your case was checked out and completed.

The question I have is how do you find out if your name check is complted.

I read thru many posts and also called the ph# but someone from Harvy's offcie (maybe his secretary).

Is his office the place to ask if you name verification is complete.

Deer said:
... She asked me show the court disposition papers for each ticket and I told her that I do not have it as I was not aware that I need to bring those docs. Also, some of the tickets are more than 10 years old and I do not have any documentation on it. I showed her the receipts of payment for recent tickets, but she wanted to see the official court records.
She was not aware of the following requirement:
"Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less that $500 and/or points on your driver's license."

or

she just wanted to give you a hard time.

NJGoose said:
She was not aware of the following requirement:
"Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less that $500 and/or points on your driver's license."

or

she just wanted to give you a hard time.

I find it hard to believe that a CIS officer would not be aware of the requirements. I did try to argue that these tickets are speeding tickets and no DUI, arrest was involved.

I called the Newark office a couple of months ago and asked if I need to report minor traffic tickets on N-400. The CIS lady said no.

Any latest interview dates from anyone

Folks,
I was wondering if anyone had any updates on newark interview schedules? whats the possible dates for someone who had FP done in mid feb 06?
I would appreciate if anyone can post their dates here.
Thanks
best wishes
JG

Jhamal Ghotta said:
Folks,
I was wondering if anyone had any updates on newark interview schedules? whats the possible dates for someone who had FP done in mid feb 06?
I would appreciate if anyone can post their dates here.
Thanks
best wishes
JG

FP date does not matter much to determine your interview date. Looking at other posts here, Newark DO time frame is about 6-7 months, i.e. interview in 6-7 months from your Priority Date (which is shown on the receipt)

Freinds,

I mailed N-400 to VSC.

03/01/06: Mailed Application
03/03/06: Recieved date
03/15/06: Receipt notice date
03/03/06: Prioirty date

aspiring citizen , Any luck with FP notice yet ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Newark administer Oath on the same day even for cases with a name change ?

Newark DO
Priority date – 10/11/2005
FP date - 12/21/2005
ID notice recd – 02/17/2006
ID – 04/25/2006

Amy Kellogg said:
Friends:

Does anyone know where citizenship oaths take place in NJ?

Thanks

NJ does oath same day of interview. newark DO administers oath twice a day (1:30PM and 5:30PM) and it is held at the same building (Rodino Federal Building) just down the hall from where the interviews take place on 15th floor.

Not sure about the schedule for Cherry Hill.

Receipt with Exceptions

I sent the N400 for me and my wife. Only my notice came with receipt with exceptions, additional docs would be needed at interview. Can someone tell me is this common and what does that mean?

Thx

Ceritified Court Dispositions

Deer
How are you doing with the follow-up of ur case. Any luck.
I went y'day to the court to get my Certified Court Disposition. It was a plain form where they entered name, address, traffic violation code etc and had an embossed seal in the bottom. Is this is correct or should I get a different one. Pls. reply.

No news yet...

anand74 said:
Deer
How are you doing with the follow-up of ur case. Any luck.
I went y'day to the court to get my Certified Court Disposition. It was a plain form where they entered name, address, traffic violation code etc and had an embossed seal in the bottom. Is this is correct or should I get a different one. Pls. reply.

I sent the docs to Newark DO last week. Some courts surprisingly had more than 10 years old records in the system and gave me the letter (similar to yours with seal and signature on the letterhead), some gave me a letter saying "No records found" and one court made a copy of the original ticket and printout of the screen and put the court seal on it.

No news yet, but I know it is being too optimistic to expect a reply from CIS so soon. I am planning to get an Infopass sometime in April to follow up. Hopefully by then they should have received the second A file too.

Interview date?

We are expecting the interview dates, still not received the letter though

Anyone know
1. Travelling now out of country for 60 days will affect the processing
2. If we postpone the interview date, will there be an issue for getting alternate interview date. We are fine with 6 months delay.

----------------------------------------------
PD: 12/20/2005
FD: 01/20/2006

Update

Freinds,

I received FP notice on the 18th , My FP is on the 29th.

How long usually is the wait at Newark ? Can a 3 yr old accompany.
What is the current timeline for interview at Newark after FP .

Guru's & anyone with similar time line, can you please update.

Thanks
scitizen

03/01/06: Mailed Application
03/03/06: Recieved date
03/15/06: Receipt notice date
03/03/06: Prioirty date
03/18/06: Received FP notice
03/29/06: FP at Newark

Going to Newark FP by train

Is the fingerprinting office in Newark close to the Newark Penn Station by walk?
Is it possible to get there without driving?

VS007,

If you prefer not to drive, You may need to take a cab from Newark Penn Station. The Penn station is on Raymond Blvd , the Newark INS is on Broad street.

Good luck with your FP , i m scheduled to go on the 29th.

SCitizen

scitizen said:
VS007,

If you prefer not to drive, You may need to take a cab from Newark Penn Station. The Penn station is on Raymond Blvd , the Newark INS is on Broad street.

Good luck with your FP , i m scheduled to go on the 29th.

SCitizen

I think you may be confusing the FP location at ASC (Commerce Street) with the DO at Broad Street.

VS007 said:
Is the fingerprinting office in Newark close to the Newark Penn Station by walk?
Is it possible to get there without driving?

The ASC location for FP is :
NEWARK ASC
24 Commerce Street
Suite 200
Newark, NJ 07102

This should be the address on your FP notice.
Yes, you can walk to the ASC from Penn stn. It is only a few blocks. I walked to this location for my FP from Penn. I asked the Info desk @ the lower level at Newark Penn and they gave me the directions. Also look at this thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=204180