Newark local office transfer: tracker

I am sorry that I dont understand what you meant by domestic violence? If you have proof that it was an arrest with no fault on your side, then you should be OK, but still it would be a definite question for you on your interview as they have all records of arrest even before calling you for an interview.

You still havent answered what documents you were asked to bring for interview? Also what time are you in on aug 5?

Thank you very much for your help.
Arrest for domestic violence but was unconditionally discharged.we will bring "No Guilty certificate" from the court for interview (08/02/05).
We were asked to bring Passport, I-94, other normal documents and nothing special.
We had our 2rd FP done at 01/05 after our I-485 transferred to Newark office.
Would you please give more help. Really appreciated.

If you can get the no guilty certificate you should be fine. I thought that you are going on August 5 but on this message I see you are interviewed on August 2, is it Aug2/Aug5?

Sorry I forgot to tell you interview time is 10:00 am

Want GC Soon said:
I am sorry that I dont understand what you meant by domestic violence? If you have proof that it was an arrest with no fault on your side, then you should be OK, but still it would be a definite question for you on your interview as they have all records of arrest even before calling you for an interview.

You still havent answered what documents you were asked to bring for interview? Also what time are you in on aug 5?

General Question For Newark Transfer

Hi, If anyone could please advice me. My I-485 was filed in Vermont on 06/2004. My I-485 case was transferred to Newark office on 8/2004. Still waiting for an interview. My case is EB3 with a priority date of 5/2003.

1. Come October 2005, do we expect the PD to be current for EB3 or will it start at the last cut off date?
2. I noticed Newark office processing April 2003 applications for I-485. Does this mean that itis the receipt date of original filing or is it the date that Newark got the case?
3. Im confused because last month Newark was looking at 2004 cases I-485 cases. So how come it is now back to 2003?

PD 5/03
I-485 filed 6/04
I-485 transferred to Newark 8/2004

meet_s,

I do not think Local office interviews have anything to do with PD or RD or ND. They are dependent on TD though, to some extent. I heard from my attorney that Newark is trying to clear the cases transferred by Sept. So it is scheduling interviews now. Earlier they were scheduling within 2 months of transfer. They were the fastest then. Later they became heavily backlogged and the delay accumulated to almost an year. Now if predictions are right they should clear all Transfer backlogs by Sept.
However the EB3 issue is not clear. We might have to hear an experience from EB3 interviewed folks to figure out what's happening.

Regards,
ataknev

meet_s said:
Hi, If anyone could please advice me. My I-485 was filed in Vermont on 06/2004. My I-485 case was transferred to Newark office on 8/2004. Still waiting for an interview. My case is EB3 with a priority date of 5/2003.

1. Come October 2005, do we expect the PD to be current for EB3 or will it start at the last cut off date?
2. I noticed Newark office processing April 2003 applications for I-485. Does this mean that itis the receipt date of original filing or is it the date that Newark got the case?
3. Im confused because last month Newark was looking at 2004 cases I-485 cases. So how come it is now back to 2003?

PD 5/03
I-485 filed 6/04
I-485 transferred to Newark 8/2004

Ataknev is right. Newark processing times are based on the dates, the cases got transferred to the local office. If your PD is April 2003, then you need to wait a little bit longer as even if the local office is going to schedule interviews, they would definitely look at the PD dates first before scheduling interview. Looking at the tracker and guys who are getting interviews, my gut feeling is that they fall under the current PD and hence being called for interviews.

I am closely following the tracker and it looks like the guys who are getting interview letters are between Nov, Dec 2004 transferred cases.

We need to wait and watch the game!

TO : PatPat - Mine is EB3 Case

patpat said:
qyang0828/romano,

I see that the tracker is updated with your interview date...Could you please tell us if yours is a EB2 or EB3 case?

Now that ush_bha's interview is over, you are the only means for us to get an early insight to see if they are approving an EB3 case when the interview happens..

Dear PatPat ... Mine is EB3 Case ... Well, we all will know soon " if DHS is approving EB3 cases when the interview happens "... Please prey for qyang0828/romano, we need your prayers, help and luck, all we can get ... Thank you ...

number of visa reached its limit for FY-2005 for 3rd and 3rd other workers

Hi ALL,

Newark local office did not stamp the passport after interview for me and my wife ( IDate. 07/07/05). As per officer ALL GOOD but they can not do the stamp as number of visa reached its limit for FY-2005 for 3rd and 3rd other workers and it will be available begining of OCTOMBER 2005. They will send approval notice at home once it is available and then we can take appoment for stamping.

Question?

1) ANY ONE HAS SAME ISSUE?

2) Our interview is done. Do we have to worry @ anything?

3) What is the % of approval of Adj of Status at this point? or Just wait till OCTOMER 2005.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
What questions were you asked by the immigration officer? Could you please share your experience.

I dont think that you need to worry about anything now, its just a matter of time you need to wait until October to get your visa numbers.

Did the officer take your EAD now or he has asked you to keep it with yourself until you get the physical stamp in your passport.

Want GC Soon said:
What questions were you asked by the immigration officer? Could you please share your experience.

I dont think that you need to worry about anything now, its just a matter of time you need to wait until October to get your visa numbers.

Did the officer take your EAD now or he has asked you to keep it with yourself until you get the physical stamp in your passport.

Even i feel you have nothing to worry.
I would also like to know if they let you keep your AP. Cause my wife needs to goto India the very next day after our Interview and we were hoping to go on AP before even we got the interview notice. Now if they dont stamp the passport and take away our AP, then we are in trouble.

I too believe that there is nothing to worry. The case is approved except that to put it on paper they do not have the visa number. I believe out apprehension s about visa number non-availability are now rested.
They will not take EAD or AP unless the passport is stamped for I-551.

Regards
ataknev

But then we don't know, how long they would take send out the approval notices to us.. Getting an infopass appointment for stamping would take a while...In effect i don't expect my stamping done until end of november/december..

They should have send out the cards directly in october like they do it for some people at the service center. But then we are a rare breed(Being EB3, visa number being non-available for 3 months)...

Anyway, the wait continues .....

patpat said:
But then we don't know, how long they would take send out the approval notices to us.. Getting an infopass appointment for stamping would take a while...In effect i don't expect my stamping done until end of november/december..

They should have send out the cards directly in october like they do it for some people at the service center. But then we are a rare breed(Being EB3, visa number being non-available for 3 months)...

Anyway, the wait continues .....

Quick Question? In your 140 application what description does it show if the application for EB2 or EB3. If its showing up as "Professional" what does that mean?

Please give the description for EB2 and EB3, incase if anyone knows.

This is what i know..

EB3 - Bachelor's degree/less than 5 years of experience..
EB2 - Masters Degree/Min 2 years experience
or Bachelors degree/5+ years of experience..

got stamped in interview

Thank you everyone for your help. My husband got his passport stamped. Now I am waiting for my files be transferred back to Newark and an interview notice. I haven't talked to him yet, so no details at this time. But I am just too happy. Wish all of you good luck also!!!!

Details on interview

standard questions:

1. criminal
2. terror
3. belong to any party?

any kids? write kid's name there

Then just stamped the passport

pretty quick.

Officer said it says one will receive green card in 5-6 month, but usually it is sooner.

Congratulations to your husband and best of luck to you!

Was yours EB2 or EB3? We heard EB3 is not getting stamped.

Regards,
ataknev

His is EB1

But as I know, 485 doesn't have categories. All should be the same. Is that true?

ataknev said:
Congratulations to your husband and best of luck to you!

Was yours EB2 or EB3? We heard EB3 is not getting stamped.

Regards,
ataknev