Newark local office transfer: tracker

questions for riyaz404-t on transfer back to vermont

Hello riyaz404-t,

I have been reading your posts. Also I like your warm-hearted atttitude at this forum.

Now I am in the similar situation as you 2 months ago: my file was transferred to Newark on Sept 9, 2004, but back to vermont June 2005. I called 1-800 number to query my status in may, so I guess they did that because I called. Did you call them in between?

After that, did you do anything? did you write to vermont to ask them to send back your files to newark?

Also, your interview date is kind of based on your first transfer date, (b/c it is about time for Sept 2004 transferers) right? Did you do anything to make this happen?

I appreciated any information from you. Thank you so much.

Good luck on your interview.

qyang

riyaz404-t said:
Ush_Bha,

Congratulations! first of all.

How did you get your interview date preponed? I guess for rest of us, its too late to do that, but I am still curious?

Thanks

congratulations usha_bha on your success!

You say since you were not 245(I) applicant the officer was polite and nice, are they being rude and unpoilte to 245 folks?

Regards,
ataknev

Thank you all for congratulation.

ataknev said:
congratulations usha_bha on your success!

You say since you were not 245(I) applicant the officer was polite and nice, are they being rude and unpoilte to 245 folks?

Regards,
ataknev

It tooks only 10 minutes, since we were not 245(i) candidates.

The Office was polite, nice has nothing to do with 245(i) or any other type of case.

Regarding preponding of my case, my attorney talked to supervisor to change the date. I have no idea what he discuss with him.

I pray and wish all of you will get approved soon.

----------------
ush_bha

PD 01/01
RD 06/02
TD 09/04
ID 06/28
AD 06/28

Thanks usha_bha for your response. Do you know what kind of documents/questions they are asking 245(i) candidates? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
ataknev

ataknev said:
Thanks usha_bha for your response. Do you know what kind of documents/questions they are asking 245(i) candidates? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
ataknev

Can you explain me what is 245 category?

Well, 245(i) is a protection to those who might have fallen out-of-status (or might have entered illegally). They are eligible to file I-485 if their labor application is filed before 4/30/2001 and they should have been physically present in US on 12/21/2000. The spouse and children also get benefitted from this.

HTH,
Regards,
ataknev

ataknev said:
Well, 245(i) is a protection to those who might have fallen out-of-status (or might have entered illegally). They are eligible to file I-485 if their labor application is filed before 4/30/2001 and they should have been physically present in US on 12/21/2000. The spouse and children also get benefitted from this.

HTH,
Regards,
ataknev

Hi Ataknev,

Thank you and good luck for tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
TO : Ush_Bha

Dear Ush_Bha

Please accept my sincere congratulations with your new hard earned status and gratitudes for sharing the info with us. And your lawyer is worth the money you paid him/her.

Sincerely
Romano

ush_bha said:
Hi All,

I preponed my interview from 07/21 to 06/28 (today), due to this EB3 mess.

Reach 8:00 near the building, my attorney was waiting for me and my family, went to 13th FLR.. and interviewed today morning it took only 10 minutes to complete this interview.. since we were not 245(i) applicant. Officer was very kind, polite and helpful.

1). Took our signature and fingure print of me and my family members
2). Asked all of us to take oath by raising our right hand.
3). Ask about my Co's who has sponsered my Green Card Application.
4). Recent pay stubs.
5). Fedral Tax Returns of last two years.
6). Verbally asked about my date of birth, my educational background, when
I came to this country and from how many year I am working for the s
sponser company.

and on the spot he stamped our passport and congratulate all of us that you from today all of you now Legal Permanent Residence of United states. You will receive the card within 4 to 6 weeks in mail.

I also asked about EB3 stamping position after 30th June, he informed me that he is not sure about whether they will stamp or not, but interview will be done as per normal routine.

And we came out from 13th Flr at 9.15 AM, went down to 10th FLR to SS office and submitted our application to remove 'Work Authorisation' condition clause from our SS Card.

I thank you very much all of you and Mr.Rajiv Khanna to give me moral support, when I was very much dipressed.

ush_bha /EB3
RD 06/02
TD 09/04
ID 07/21/05 (Preponed to 06/28/05)
AD 06/28

Congratulations!!!!!

Also can you tell us about how you can prepone and interview?

Thanks

Pls help me

Hi All,
I was working in a division P of a company A. Company A was sponsord my I-140 and issuing my pay cheks. Last month company A sold the division P to another company B. Now company B is issuing pay checks to me. Now my interview is scheduled for Aug 18 at Newark. Should i file AC21 application? I could submit employment letter and the pay checks from company B. What shoud I do in this situation.

Please give me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

4328210 said:
Hi All,
I was working in a division P of a company A. Company A was sponsord my I-140 and issuing my pay cheks. Last month company A sold the division P to another company B. Now company B is issuing pay checks to me. Now my interview is scheduled for Aug 18 at Newark. Should i file AC21 application? I could submit employment letter and the pay checks from company B. What shoud I do in this situation.

Please give me your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

I dont think that you should have a problem in your situation, as you have no control for a company being sold to another one. As long as you are in status and also have proof that the company was sold to the one that you are currently working, you should be fine. I dont think that you need to file AC-21 at this point and even filing it now from today until you go for your interview on Aug 18, shouldnt make a big difference. Just take your paystubs and show that you are currently working, you should get your stamping the same day.

Good Luck!

Want GC Soon said:
I dont think that you should have a problem in your situation, as you have no control for a company being sold to another one. As long as you are in status and also have proof that the company was sold to the one that you are currently working, you should be fine. I dont think that you need to file AC-21 at this point and even filing it now from today until you go for your interview on Aug 18, shouldnt make a big difference. Just take your paystubs and show that you are currently working, you should get your stamping the same day.

Good Luck!

Thank you very much. I've one more question. I wish to change this company B asap and I've job offer from another company C. Suppose I'm submitting the current employment letter and pay stubs from company B and my future employment letter from company C. What will happen? I heard that if one person changing the sponsor of GC within 12 months of his GC approval may create some trouble. I mean INS can ask to return the GC if the sponsor made any complaint. I could avoid this situation if my sponsor is the new company C.

Pls share ur idea on this matter.

Thanks again
JS

4328210 said:
Thank you very much. I've one more question. I wish to change this company B asap and I've job offer from another company C. Suppose I'm submitting the current employment letter and pay stubs from company B and my future employment letter from company C. What will happen? I heard that if one person changing the sponsor of GC within 12 months of his GC approval may create some trouble. I mean INS can ask to return the GC if the sponsor made any complaint. I could avoid this situation if my sponsor is the new company C.

Thanks again
JS

My advise to you is to wait until you get the stamping and then move on to company C. If you keep moving many companies, they would think that you dont have a stable job profile. Waiting for another 1.5 months would save you lot of headache! You can use your best judgement as no one wants to go through this pain again.

Is company C is your GC sponsor, if that be the case then you are fine, if not its a problem.

Keep working for Company B until Aug 18 and get the stamping and then move on for your higher $$$$$$.. Good Luck!

i agree with want gc soon, but my 2 cents here

4328210 said:

Thanks again
JS
Also, you desperately need to consult a lawyer who does not represent your sponsor. Pay him for an hour and ask a lawyer. I don't think its a good idea quit your job after your GC. They want you to work with your sponsor after you get GC. It does not matter now, but it matters during Citizenship filing. I dont have details, but if I were you, I would spend $150 per hour and get a lawyer. Think about it as if you got a traffic ticket and had no choice but to spend. ;) ;) Hope my 2 cents were worth your time.

GC approved - Passport Stamped after Interview at Newark

Hi,

I wanted to share the happiness, my wife's green card was approved today after an interview at Newark her passport was stamped.
The interview was scheduled at 11AM and we were there with our attorney by 10:40 and gave our appointment letter at the window. After one and half hour of traumatic waiting we were called in, and the interview lasted 15-20 minutes. The officer did not ask much, except that he was interested in knowing whether I working for the same company and what my salary is. He asked maiden name of my wife and she fumbled because she was too nervous. He asked about EADs, AP and other stuff of my wife. He asked when my case was approved.
He asked for medicals for my wife. It was good that I was carrying them with me. I carried every possible document with me. Finally I saw the orange stamp APPROVED stamped on my wife's application and heard the attorney say 'you are all set'. The officer took the passport and stamped on it the I-551.

Finally the journey is over. Now I have to wait for the cards in the mail.

I thank everyone on this forum, Mr. Khanna for this wonderful forum, and particulary savichin who gave me lot of courage. He said it would be simple, and it was, but until that moment came it was indeed traumatic.

My wife's details"

RD: 3/18/2002
ND: 4/5/2002
RFE : 4/2004
TD: 7/2004
ID:6/30/2005
AD: 6/30/2005

Regards,
Swamy

ataknev said:
Hi,

I wanted to share the happiness, my wife's green card was approved today after an interview at Newark her passport was stamped.
The interview was scheduled at 11AM and we were there with our attorney by 10:40 and gave our appointment letter at the window. After one and half hour of traumatic waiting we were called in, and the interview lasted 15-20 minutes. The officer did not ask much, except that he was interested in knowing whether I working for the same company and what my salary is. He asked maiden name of my wife and she fumbled because she was too nervous. He asked about EADs, AP and other stuff of my wife. He asked when my case was approved.
He asked for medicals for my wife. It was good that I was carrying them with me. I carried every possible document with me. Finally I saw the orange stamp APPROVED stamped on my wife's application and heard the attorney say 'you are all set'. The officer took the passport and stamped on it the I-551.

I thank everyone on this forum, Mr. Khanna for this wonderful forum, and particulary savichin who gave me lot of courage. He said it would be simple, and it was, but until that moment came it was indeed traumatic.

My wife's details"

Regards,
Swamy

Congratulations Swamy, I can understand the feelings you are going through after such a long wait. Did you had a chance to talk to the officer to see if guys who are going for interview during July and August would they get it stamped the same day!

Have a nice long week end and flourishing years ahead!

riyaz404-t said:
Also, you desperately need to consult a lawyer who does not represent your sponsor. Pay him for an hour and ask a lawyer. I don't think its a good idea quit your job after your GC. They want you to work with your sponsor after you get GC. It does not matter now, but it matters during Citizenship filing. I dont have details, but if I were you, I would spend $150 per hour and get a lawyer. Think about it as if you got a traffic ticket and had no choice but to spend. ;) ;) Hope my 2 cents were worth your time.

Thanks

Do u mean that all employment based GC holders should work with the sponsor until they have the citizenship? Can u explain me how the sponsor change will affect the citizenship filing?

Yes, I like ur idea to talk with an attorney. Can u suggest some good attorneys for this matter?

Last edited by a moderator:
ataknev said:
Hi,

My wife's details"

Regards,
Swamy

Congratulations !!!!!

Thanks for your wishes. I did not get a chance to talk but during a talk the attorney did bring the visa number non-availability and the officer did not seem to be concerned about it all. He said how and why does it matter? It seems slightly confusing though! May be because we were EB2 and that's wy he said that?

Regards,
ataknevbbb