Congratulation !!! and enjoy

----------------
ush_bha

RD 06/02
TD 09/04
ID 06/28
AD 06/28

Want GC Soon said:
Updated with all approvals and who are still waiting for interviews during July/August.

The "Recent FP after Transfer" column was recently added? Is there any importance to that? Does a recnt FP mean you are close to the interview letter? I just got my FP done yesterday. The FP notice was sent to me just after a few days of transfer.

Does it mean anything?

Thanks

ataknev said:
Hi,

I wanted to share the happiness, my wife's green card was approved today after an interview at Newark her passport was stamped.
The interview was scheduled at 11AM and we were there with our attorney by 10:40 and gave our appointment letter at the window. After one and half hour of traumatic waiting we were called in, and the interview lasted 15-20 minutes. The officer did not ask much, except that he was interested in knowing whether I working for the same company and what my salary is. He asked maiden name of my wife and she fumbled because she was too nervous. He asked about EADs, AP and other stuff of my wife. He asked when my case was approved.
He asked for medicals for my wife. It was good that I was carrying them with me. I carried every possible document with me. Finally I saw the orange stamp APPROVED stamped on my wife's application and heard the attorney say 'you are all set'. The officer took the passport and stamped on it the I-551.

Finally the journey is over. Now I have to wait for the cards in the mail.

I thank everyone on this forum, Mr. Khanna for this wonderful forum, and particulary savichin who gave me lot of courage. He said it would be simple, and it was, but until that moment came it was indeed traumatic.

My wife's details"

RD: 3/18/2002
ND: 4/5/2002
RFE : 4/2004
TD: 7/2004
ID:6/30/2005
AD: 6/30/2005

Regards,
Swamy

Congrats SwamyGaru and to your family.
Happy ending...Enjoy!!!

desiladka said:
The "Recent FP after Transfer" column was recently added? Is there any importance to that? Does a recnt FP mean you are close to the interview letter? I just got my FP done yesterday. The FP notice was sent to me just after a few days of transfer.

Does it mean anything?

Thanks

I dont think that would be an issue. I feel that its normally a 6 month waiting in Newark as far as I know as I had been to Newark sometime back in Dec 2004 after my case was transferred and the immigration officer told me that it would take atleast 6 months before they can schedule something for me and asked me to wait until I get the interview letter.

I dont know doing a FP in Newark would really help. Everything in Newark is FCFS basis. So you need to wait and watch the game. Its just a matter of time. You would get your GC anyway!

desiladka said:

Does it mean anything?

Thanks

i think there is co-relation to some extent. its to be found out. thats why i added it. if people add their dates, a possible connection could be disclosed. if everyone feels its probably useless, we can remove it.

i also think outcome of interview sometimes is determined based on security clearance which depends on when you were finger printed.

riyaz404-t said:
i think there is co-relation to some extent. its to be found out. thats why i added it. if people add their dates, a possible connection could be disclosed. if everyone feels its probably useless, we can remove it.

i also think outcome of interview sometimes is determined based on security clearance which depends on when you were finger printed.

FP and security clearance is kinda different. Infact the name check is submitted to FBI immediately as we file our 485 and it gets almost 6-8 months time frame to get this completed. But most of us think that only after FP the FBI clearance is done, which is wrong. FBI name check most of the time is completed even before we do FP. But we think that only after FP is done it goes to FBI. It does go to FBI for some clearance, but that doesnt take more than 1 day or a maximum of one week. In my case my FP and FBI was done on the same day checked and cleared.

Good Luck!

fp and securiyt

Want GC Soon said:
FP and security clearance is kinda different. Infact the name check is submitted to FBI immediately as we file our 485 and it gets almost 6-8 months time frame to get this completed. But most of us think that only after FP the FBI clearance is done, which is wrong. FBI name check most of the time is completed even before we do FP. But we think that only after FP is done it goes to FBI. It does go to FBI for some clearance, but that doesnt take more than 1 day or a maximum of one week. In my case my FP and FBI was done on the same day checked and cleared.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the insignt. I hope what you said is absolutely correct. It will help everyone a great deal.
However, it does not explain why some cases are not approved on same day as interview. For some cases i know reason was they needed to see disposition for prior arrest.
However, in some cases on the site, i read that they said approval can't be done due to security clearance. E.g. natwar's case, whose approval came 48 days after interview.

In one of my buddy's case who has an absolutely clean record, who had gone to Canada for H1 revalidation, he mentioned last year they (uscis) took 2 weeks for his security clearnace while he waited in Canada, and this year for h1 revalidation again, they said last years is no longer valid and took over 1 month to finish his security clearnace. In other words, they took 30+ days to do his security clearnance and name check (he mentioned after reasearch and calls, tha security cleanrance+name check involves 5 different agencies). Well I hope this extra scrutiny is only for H1 and not for Green Card (would be awkward if that was true, anything is possible with the uscis).

riyaz404-t said:
Thanks for the insignt. I hope what you said is absolutely correct. It will help everyone a great deal.
However, it does not explain why some cases are not approved on same day as interview. For some cases i know reason was they needed to see disposition for prior arrest.
However, in some cases on the site, i read that they said approval can't be done due to security clearance. E.g. natwar's case, whose approval came 48 days after interview.

In one of my buddy's case who has an absolutely clean record, who had gone to Canada for H1 revalidation, he mentioned last year they (uscis) took 2 weeks for his security clearnace while he waited in Canada, and this year for h1 revalidation again, they said last years is no longer valid and took over 1 month to finish his security clearnace. In other words, they took 30+ days to do his security clearnance and name check (he mentioned after reasearch and calls, tha security cleanrance+name check involves 5 different agencies). Well I hope this extra scrutiny is only for H1 and not for Green Card (would be awkward if that was true, anything is possible with the uscis).

Thanks for your appreciation. I have seen very few folks not being approved on the day of the interview. One of my friend in San Jose, when he went for the interview he was stamped on passport, but since he didnt have birth certificate the officer had asked him to submit it within a week and once he submitted it, then his online message changed and GC was ordered.

In other case(FAMS) who had been to Newark, he had to get a police certificate that he had no arrests on his name and once he got it within a week, he went back to Newark and got it stamped.

But 99% of the time, when guys are asked to come for Interview, they would have pretty much completed all checks and even have a visa number ready and we also need to understand that Newark is just flooded with so many transferred files and every officer has his own headache of clearing the files that has been assigned to him on a particular month. So, they cant keep asking you many documents and prolong your approval.

I feel that everyone in this forum who have their interview scheduled in the next month or two or even after that should all get their approvals/stamping on the same day.

Thanks!

help

riyaz404-t,

would you please share your experience with me? Did you do anything to get your files be transferred back to Newark? and your interview time is kind of based on your first transfer date. Did you get your lawyer to do anything for that.

I appreciate a lot, if you could share your experience in this forum.

qyang0828

riyaz404-t said:

qyang0828 said:
riyaz404-t,

would you please share your experience with me? Did you do anything to get your files be transferred back to Newark? and your interview time is kind of based on your first transfer date. Did you get your lawyer to do anything for that.

I appreciate a lot, if you could share your experience in this forum.

qyang0828
qyang0828,
I didn't do anything except pray. My lawyer said, he cannot do anything. I am sure, a lawyer could do something, but mine believes he cannot do anything to help move the case. Luckily with God's grace, my case is scheduled for an interview on 8/16/05. Hope you get your interview notice soon.

thanks a lot.

riyaz404,

Thank you for your blessing. I will pray and pray. Wish you good luck on 8/16 for your interview.

riyaz404-t said:
qyang0828,
I didn't do anything except pray. My lawyer said, he cannot do anything. I am sure, a lawyer could do something, but mine believes he cannot do anything to help move the case. Luckily with God's grace, my case is scheduled for an interview on 8/16/05. Hope you get your interview notice soon.

qyang0828/romano,

I see that the tracker is updated with your interview date...Could you please tell us if yours is a EB2 or EB3 case?

Now that ush_bha's interview is over, you are the only means for us to get an early insight to see if they are approving an EB3 case when the interview happens..

Interview questions

Hi, Friends:
Just got interview notices for us and I am the primary applicant based on NIW. Our interview date is 08/05 at Newark. I posted our case details at the bottom. Have some questions and would you please kindly help us:

1: My wife has an arrest record, but the case was unconditionally discharged. Do we need hire a lawyer for the interview? If so, anyone please recommend a price reasonable one.

2: My wife lost her birth certificate and there may not have enough time to get new one. Is it really necessary since she has passport?

3: When I was student, my wife had food stamps because of our kid's birth. How do we answer following question if asked at interview? Actually we answered “no” at I-485 form and we forgot the food stamps at that time.
Have you received any public assistance from any source including us government, state, county, city?

Thank all of you for your help and May God bless you all applications.

Case details:
I-140/485 concurrent filing (NIW)
RD: 10/02
I-140 PD: 10/03
I-485 TD: 11/04
Interview date: 08/05

bpx said:
Hi, Friends:
Just got interview notices for us and I am the primary applicant based on NIW. Our interview date is 08/05 at Newark. I posted our case details at the bottom. Have some questions and would you please kindly help us:

1: My wife has an arrest record, but the case was unconditionally discharged. Do we need hire a lawyer for the interview? If so, anyone please recommend a price reasonable one.

Answer: Need more details on arrest. If you believe that this might be a reason for your interview, then you might need to take an attorney with you. But in most cases its not necessary. I have seen very few folks taking a lawyer with them and even taking them is not a real advantage. Lawyers on an average charge between 350-500 dollars per appearance in person if the lawyer is in NJ.

2: My wife lost her birth certificate and there may not have enough time to get new one. Is it really necessary since she has passport?

Answer: Birth Certificate is certainly a MUST. You need to take it with you as its a standard document that they ask for. Incase if you dont provide one on the day of the interview when asked, they might stamp your passport, but still not send your application further to get your physical card until you submit the original birth certificate. This has happened to one of my friend.

3: When I was student, my wife had food stamps because of our kid's birth. How do we answer following question if asked at interview? Actually we answered “no” at I-485 form and we forgot the food stamps at that time.
Have you received any public assistance from any source including us government, state, county, city?

Answer: I dont think that this should should be a problem since you were a student and not on H1B.

Could you elaborate regarding the arrest and the reason? You can you let me know the time of your interview as I know a person who has the interview on the same date.

What are the documents that you have been asked to bring for the interview? That would give others in the forum to give you a better idea of what needs to be answered?

Case details:

Last edited by a moderator:
Arrest for domestic violence but was wrong, so it was unconditionally discharged.

bpx said:
Hi, Friends:

Case details:

Finger Printing

The Finger printing notice was issued for June 25th, I could not able to go for FP as I was in India. Please let me know how to rescheduled. will there be any problem for mu absence.

thanls

I didn't get interview, but my husband did. His case is EB1. but I will let everyone know the result anyway after July 8.
patpat said:
qyang0828/romano,

I see that the tracker is updated with your interview date...Could you please tell us if yours is a EB2 or EB3 case?

Now that ush_bha's interview is over, you are the only means for us to get an early insight to see if they are approving an EB3 case when the interview happens..

Should not be a problem. Call national customer service and let them to know to reschedule it or you might need to write a letter to Vermont stating that you were unavailable at that time and want it to be rescheduled. Dont know how long it would take for them to do it again. Good Luck!

I have question a about the public assistance from a source. Is dissability benefits, umemployment benefits or health benefits from social service dept. considered as public assistance?