Newark local office transfer: tracker

4328210 said:
What is your date of transfer. In your signature it is June 1, 2005. But in this message ur td is Jan 6, 2005.

Checke out the tracker. Now they are scheduling many people for interview.

I dont think of any relation between the fingerprint and interview date. This may be the old procedure. All pending I-485 applicant should take fingerprint in every 18 months.

Was the typing error in the message. My TD is June 1,2005. What do you think? Should I get interview letter soon too?

Thanks

desiladka said:
Was the typing error in the message. My TD is June 1,2005. What do you think? Should I get interview letter soon too?

Thanks
Still u r using the desi calender ????

i think now a days newark office is sceduling the interview for people after getting background checking done from FBI and they also make sure that the finger print is current.i think FBI is taking 4-6 months to finish the background checking. since i'm sceduled for the interview,i hope my background checking is done.

Last edited by a moderator:
4328210 said:
Still u r using the desi calender ????

i think now a days newark office is sceduling the interview for people after getting background checking done from FBI and they also make sure that the finger print is current.i think FBI is taking 4-6 months to finish the background checking. since i'm sceduled for the interview,i hope my background checking is done.

whats the basis of thinking?

documents

4328210 said:
Just received the interview letter. TD was Dec 7 and the interview date is Aug 18. They asked me to bring the interview letter, passport and I-94. I think everyone will get the interview letter very soon.

Do you know what other documents are expected? My interview is aug-16th, and i was asked to bring the same 2 things too.

In the footnote to the letter, it asks to bring all other documents like birth certificate, marriage cert. etc. Do I need to bring college degrees, my college degrees are safely stored in India, and I really don't prefer to have them couriered unless i have to?

Anyone who attended 485 interview at newark as a derivative applicant,please tell what all documents they ask for?
thanks
subran

I think the following Documents may consider as supporting evidence

1. I-485 receipt notice
2. I-140 receipt and approval orig, copy
3. All H-1 Bs copy
4. Current employment letter
5. W-2 for last 3 yrs
6. Tax return for last 3 yrs (copies from H&R Block)
7. Pay stubs for last 4 months
8. AC21 (if any)
9. prev. medical test copies, receipts
10. 2 photos for each of us
11. passport, I-94 (for both) orig , copy
12. Certified disposition orig, copy (if any)
13. Birth Certificate - Non-availability of BC & affidatives from parents.
14. Experience letters from previous employers
15. Bank statements for 3 months
16. Apartment leasing agreement for last 3 yrs
17. Driver's licence & SS cards for me & wife
18. My copies of Medicals in sealed envelops
19. Birth ceritificates of sons
13. BS & MS cerificates and transcripts
14. Marriage certificate
15. ssn, EAD, ID for both, orig , copy

For spouse
1. marriage certificate, orig, copy
2. marriage photos
3. date of birth certi orig, copy
4. education cert. orig , copy

For kid
1. birth certificate orig, copy
2. ssn

All of us have these documents. We can avoid unnecessary tension by taking all possible documents.

Got a letter yesterday for interview at Newark on 08/18/2005. Let's hope our interviews go thru and we are not affected by the so called stopping of EB3 processing from June 30 - Sep 30.

I'll be anxiously waiting for ush_bha and qyang0828 for their interview as they are the first ones in this tracker to go to the interview in that period...

I couldn't update the tracker with my info as it was throwing some error while attaching the Excel sheet...

Good luck to all of us...

retrogression

ush_bha said:
Is any one has a talk with their lawyer, what will be happen to the case after June 30th for which they already issued interview letter. Every one is talking about they will not accept new application or will not adjudicate the EB3 cases. but what about who has already got interview letter.. there is no clear indication any where.

ush_bha
TD 09/04
ID 07/05
according to my lawyer, they will not stamp passport on my interview date in august, because they have alredy run out of numbers for this year.
i hope, that really does not apply to the temporary visa stamp they put on the passport, for which i hope they dont need numbers. they can take an extra month or two for plastic card, but i hope they give the gc stamp atleast on 8/16/05 to me and everyone else waiting for interview in july, aug and sept of 2005.

what did lawyers of others who have interviews in this time period say? please share.

Updated Tracker

Folks,
I have updated the tracker as much as I could with all the dates of our guys who have been scheduled for interview in July and August. Please use the same spreadsheet when you make future updates.

Good Luck to all!

tracker correction

Want GC Soon said:
Folks,
I have updated the tracker as much as I could with all the dates of our guys who have been scheduled for interview in July and August. Please use the same spreadsheet when you make future updates.

Good Luck to all!

This is the 2nd time my changes to interview notice date and interview date were overwritten by someone. please make sure that you dont insert entries into your local hard drive's excel file, first you got to get the latest tracker and then make corrections. otherwise, whats the point of the tracker?

at this time, we have multiple versions of the tracker floating? not sure what is a solution to this problem.

riyaz404-t,
On interview day, if your visa is stamped only if you have a visa number allocated to you..Normally for cases in service centers when people receive letters the visa number would be allocated (their case is approved but still needs to get stamped). I don't know what's the deal with cases at local office..whether we already have a visa number allocated to us or not..
So it's simple..we would get stamped or we wouldn't..

My attorney said if we have our priority date current we should be ok...But iam not sure abt that...

Thanks for info

patpat said:
riyaz404-t,
On interview day, if your visa is stamped only if you have a visa number allocated to you..Normally for cases in service centers when people receive letters the visa number would be allocated (their case is approved but still needs to get stamped). I don't know what's the deal with cases at local office..whether we already have a visa number allocated to us or not..
So it's simple..we would get stamped or we wouldn't..

My attorney said if we have our priority date current we should be ok...But iam not sure abt that...

Patpat,
Thanks a lot for sharing the info. I hope what your attorney said is right, and they have enough numbers reserved for the interviewees. I wish they scheduled my interview for some day in October, atleast i would know that they would give my stamp on that day, but now if the case goes back to their table without approval, who knows when someone in INS office will touch it again.

Thanks.

updated tracker

hope everyone uses updated tracker and keep it updated.

it was a mess, so i consolidated it. pardon me, if i missed something.

perhaps some form of version number would help

i added date as the extension to file so we can keep track of latest file.

Please update the tracker (I tried but did not succeed)

My Interview date; 6/30/05
Interview Letter : 5/12/05

Ataknev

Hi All,
I was working in a division P of a company A. Company A was sponsord my I-140 and issuing my pay cheks. Last month company A sold the division P to another company B. Now company B is issuing pay checks to me. Now my interview is scheduled for Aug 18 at Newark. Should i file AC21 application? I could submit employment letter and the pay checks from company B. What shoud I do in this situation.

Please give me your valuable suggestions.

I've updated the tracker with my info.

Interview Preponed, Approved and Stamped

Hi All,

I preponed my interview from 07/21 to 06/28 (today), due to this EB3 mess.

Reach 8:00 near the building, my attorney was waiting for me and my family, went to 13th FLR.. and interviewed today morning it took only 10 minutes to complete this interview.. since we were not 245(i) applicant. Officer was very kind, polite and helpful.

1). Took our signature and fingure print of me and my family members
2). Asked all of us to take oath by raising our right hand.
3). Ask about my Co's who has sponsered my Green Card Application.
4). Recent pay stubs.
5). Fedral Tax Returns of last two years.
6). Verbally asked about my date of birth, my educational background, when
I came to this country and from how many year I am working for the s
sponser company.

and on the spot he stamped our passport and congratulate all of us that you from today all of you now Legal Permanent Residence of United states. You will receive the card within 4 to 6 weeks in mail.

I also asked about EB3 stamping position after 30th June, he informed me that he is not sure about whether they will stamp or not, but interview will be done as per normal routine.

And we came out from 13th Flr at 9.15 AM, went down to 10th FLR to SS office and submitted our application to remove 'Work Authorisation' condition clause from our SS Card.

I thank you very much all of you and Mr.Rajiv Khanna to give me moral support, when I was very much dipressed.

ush_bha /EB3
RD 06/02
TD 09/04
ID 07/21/05 (Preponed to 06/28/05)
AD 06/28

ush_bha said:
Hi All,

I preponed my interview from 07/21 to 06/28 (today), due to this EB3 mess.

Reach 8:00 near the building, my attorney was waiting for me and my family, went to 13th FLR.. and interviewed today morning it took only 10 minutes to complete this interview.. since we were not 245(i) applicant. Officer was very kind, polite and helpful.

1). Took our signature and fingure print of me and my family members
2). Asked all of us to take oath by raising our right hand.
3). Ask about my Co's who has sponsered my Green Card Application.
4). Recent pay stubs.
5). Fedral Tax Returns of last two years.
6). Verbally asked about my date of birth, my educational background, when
I came to this country and from how many year I am working for the s
sponser company.

and on the spot he stamped our passport and congratulate all of us that you from today all of you now Legal Permanent Residence of United states. You will receive the card within 4 to 6 weeks in mail.

I also asked about EB3 stamping position after 30th June, he informed me that he is not sure about whether they will stamp or not, but interview will be done as per normal routine.

And we came out from 13th Flr at 9.15 AM, went down to 10th FLR to SS office and submitted our application to remove 'Work Authorisation' condition clause from our SS Card.

I thank you very much all of you and Mr.Rajiv Khanna to give me moral support, when I was very much dipressed.

ush_bha /EB3
RD 06/02
TD 09/04
ID 07/21/05 (Preponed to 06/28/05)
AD 06/28

Congratulations and enjoy your freedom!!!

Thanks for the detailed information.

ush_bha

Ush_Bha,

Congratulations! first of all.

How did you get your interview date preponed? I guess for rest of us, its too late to do that, but I am still curious?

Thanks