Newark local office transfer: tracker

Thanks Krishna...iam planning to do the same...

I worked for the sponsoring employer 3.5 yrs back when they filed for labor...Iam working for a different company now.
My plan is to switch to the sponsoring employer as soon as my interview is scheduled by newark ( transferred on oct18...no int schedule yet).

Can you give me more details of what all questions they asked...
was it problamatic
did they approve the GC on the spot.
etc etc. Please advice.
I thought they would be more than happy if I say that I already joined the sponsoring employer before they approve my GC rather than telling them that I will join them after the approval...

PRLover1 said:
Hi folks,

My case got transferred to Newark office recently

485 xfer date Nov 12
Interview schedule date Dec 28

Can anyone guide me should we be present at interview at exact time or we can go there 1-2 hours earlier.Also can we take kids to Interview.Please share your Interview experience

Thanks
Prlover1

please reply

anyone got interview letter in December, could you please post your transfer date?

I saw lots of people with transfer date around late Sept still waiting for interview letter. That's outrageous.

Thanks for updating!

My Case was transferred in July

Its been almost 2 months since the second finger prints were taken and 6 months since the file were transferred to Newark. I tried making an InfoPass appointment at http://infopass.uscis.gov but I am getting a message that "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later".

Is there anything else I can do? Can I just walk-in to the Newark office and try to get information about my case? Do you think contacting the Congress-Person or Senator would help?

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
I485 transferred from Vermont to Newark - 07/15/2004
2nd FP - 11/9/2004
Waiting for Interview

natwar said:
Its been almost 2 months since the second finger prints were taken and 6 months since the file were transferred to Newark. I tried making an InfoPass appointment at http://infopass.uscis.gov but I am getting a message that "At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later".

Is there anything else I can do? Can I just walk-in to the Newark office and try to get information about my case? Do you think contacting the Congress-Person or Senator would help?

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
I485 transferred from Vermont to Newark - 07/15/2004
2nd FP - 11/9/2004
Waiting for Interview

6 MONTHS is heck of a lot of time, I received letter after 2 months, for a interview scheduled another 2 months on. Try going directly to Newark office, before calling the Senator etc. I have read in these forums many people getting responses from there.

favor please...

anybody who might have a phone number for Newark Office .... would appreciate very much if you can post it here....

thanks !!! :)

transferred -August

My case was transferred in August 2004 and no news at all.2nd FP -Sept
3rd FP_Oct.
fams

tracker excel

fams said:
My case was transferred in August 2004 and no news at all.2nd FP -Sept
3rd FP_Oct.
fams
let's keep the excel file uptodate. i have sorted it by "transferred to newark date"

Attachning file is easy! Click on reply, and in the screen, scroll down, and click on "Manage Attachments".

ataknev said:
I updated the spread sheet with my details -

Just waiting!

ataknev

Did you get a letter from VSC that your case has been transferred to Newark? How long does it take nowadays to get an interview scheduled?

All

I went for my Advance parole interview on dec 29th to Newark office and I got the paper done on the same day. I enquired about my 485 case to the officer and she told me normally it takes 90 -120 days to send out an interview letter after they received the case from the main center.

AP question for transfer cases

ED_GC said:
All

I went for my Advance parole interview on dec 29th to Newark office and I got the paper done on the same day. I enquired about my 485 case to the officer and she told me normally it takes 90 -120 days to send out an interview letter after they received the case from the main center.

Did you send your AP appliction directly to Newark? Do you need a complelling reason like sickness or marriage for filing AP? Or simple reason like not visited family since a long time a sufficient reason? Also, when did you send your AP application.

Sorry folks for sidetracking to AP, but regular AP threads do not usually have people with transfer case experience.

riyaz404-t said:
Did you send your AP appliction directly to Newark? Do you need a complelling reason like sickness or marriage for filing AP? Or simple reason like not visited family since a long time a sufficient reason? Also, when did you send your AP application.

Sorry folks for sidetracking to AP, but regular AP threads do not usually have people with transfer case experience.

No, I sent my application to Vermont center. Because of my 485 case was transfered to local office, they transfered my AP case also. I just told them to planning to visit my family in india.

485 TD 11/17/2004
AP RD 11/16/2004 - Vermont center
AP TD 11/30/2004
AP Interview 12/29/2004 in Newark
AP Approved 12/29/2004

Hi,

Has anyone heard about a 245i case leaving to India on AP? What are the consequences? In my case the primary is approved and has the plastic card ad the secondary, the spouse is transferred to Newark and has been pedning for more than 6 months now. What would happen if the spouse travelled to India? Will she be allowed back and her case approved? Has anyone heard about any denials in such cases? Please let me know.

Thanks,
ataknev

ataknev said:
Hi,

Has anyone heard about a 245i case leaving to India on AP? What are the consequences?
------- dont go out with AP if the case is 245(i) you will not be alloed back to US

In my case the primary is approved and has the plastic card ad the secondary, the spouse is transferred to Newark and has been pedning for more than 6 months now.
------- go to your congressman or senator local office and provide them the info of the pending case with newark NJ
What would happen if the spouse travelled to India?
----- should travel after the Interview at local USCIS is over and AFTER gets the passport stamped.
Will she be allowed back and her case approved?
--She should NOT go out till her case is approved and she gets passport stamped after interview( FYI they dont ask much questions from spouse, they should have approved spouse case with your case, may be her Name Check or FBI clearence is pending, contact congressman office)
Has anyone heard about any denials in such cases? Please let me know.

Thanks,
ataknev

fams said:
Got an interview notice scheduled for Jan 31st.
fams

When did you get ur interview letter? Can you post the documents asked for you and send me a private message.

Thanks and Good Luck. I guess on Jan 31st you are a permanent resident.

Last edited by a moderator: