Newark local office transfer: tracker

Your labor filing date would be your priority date. You can also find it in the I-140 approval document. The employer would've a copy of the I-140 approval document.

EAD application while 485 was transferred to Newark

Does anyone know how long it will take for EAD application while 485 was transferred to Newark?

Should we send EAD application form to VCS service center or Newark office?

prlover said:
Does anyone know how long it will take for EAD application while 485 was transferred to Newark?
-------- go to Local USCIS page of Newark NJ
-----Newark office

nrajesh said:
I got the Email when my case got transferred to newark and also a Snail Mail for the same.

Do we get an email when the interview is scheduled from newark...
does the lawyer get a copy of the interview schedule from newark when that happens.

485 - Sept02
Transfer Date: Oct16 2004
Interview is not yet scheduled.
City=Hackensack (Bergen County) - so i think it is Newark and not cherry hill.

Newark Service Area:
Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren Counties

Cherry Hill (Sub-Office) Service Area

: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Monmouth, Ocean, and Salem Counties

what the F#@K is wrong with Newark

Conclusions seem inescapable from the excel file that nobody transferred to Newark has received interview letter no matter what their PD, RD, TD are. WTF is wrong with Newark? They used to be the quickest local office and now the slowest in the nation. It's true that VSC is dumping lots of cases to local, but how come other locals don't have the same problem as newark is having?

I am so pissed off by this first-in-last-out game. Whose mother of those IIOs did I f#@K that they are screwing me up so badly?

RD 2003-3-26
TD 2004-11-3

Did all folks in the above tracker received a confirmation in postal mail abt your local office transfer.

The reason iam asking is i filed a change of address with Vermont Service center 3 weeks before my transfer to Newark local office. I haven't received a confirmation letter from Vermont Service center abt my change of address or abt the local office transfer(from Newark or VSC??).

Is there light at the end of tunnel?

Case transferred on 7/13/2004 and so far no interview:

ND: 4/6/2002

ataknev

patpat said:
Did all folks in the above tracker received a confirmation in postal mail abt your local office transfer.

The reason iam asking is i filed a change of address with Vermont Service center 3 weeks before my transfer to Newark local office. I haven't received a confirmation letter from Vermont Service center abt my change of address or abt the local office transfer(from Newark or VSC??).

Yes received.

ataknev said:
Is there light at the end of tunnel?

Case transferred on 7/13/2004 and so far no interview:

ND: 4/6/2002

ataknev

Why dont you go and meet an immigration officer to see if they have received your file and if they are planning to schedule an interview anytime soon. Did you receive any letter from VSC that your case has been transferred to Newark.

Hi Krishna,

Congrats...

I processed my GC using a substitute Labour with my previous employer A (whom i worked for 3 yrs) and i am currently working with Employer B in st.louis. This is the status now...

On December 14, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in ST LOUIS, MO for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in ST LOUIS, MO will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I had my FP on 10/26 .
My case is same as urs...I am sure u got ur GC...It would be of great help if you could share ur interview experience ....

Did you give your sponsoring employer address or the one you are working...

Do we get an email when the interview is scheduled as well...

do we get an email notification when the interview is scheduled as well???
because i recently changed my address and am worried that the interview notification might have gone to the wrong address.

nrajesh said:
do we get an email notification when the interview is scheduled as well???
------- no, once case is transfred to local office no update by email.
because i recently changed my address and am worried that the interview notification might have gone to the wrong address.
----- write to local uscis that your file from VSC or NSC is transfred on date..... provide your EAC#, name, dob and A#, copy of I-485 filing reciept and write your NEW address and past address on it and request them that interview notice should be sent to new address or take infopass and go to local USCIS and update new address

ED_GC said:
Guys

I received an interview letter for my I-131 document from Newark office yesterday.

Actually my 485 case was transfered to newark on nov 17th and
131 was transfered to newark on nov 30th.

Basically they ask me to bring these are the docs for the interview

Proof of identity,two photographs,passports,all BSCIS docs, proof of residency in USA, Proof of visited outside USA, All foriegn documents

I already sent all the doc with photographs along with my 131 application when I applied for my 131 on november 16th. I really don't know why they are asking again.

Does this related to my I-485? or Do I have to go for an 485 interview again?

Experts please answer my questions.

Thx

My relative also got a letter from INS to request an AP interview in Newark, NJ. Her 485 was transferred to Newark on Nov 3rd. She filed 131 on Sept. 28th. She went for AP interview today and got the paper done. But it seems nothing related to 485.

Hi

Hi Giveme_GC,

I joind in sponsoring company two months before interview
and took a letter from sponsoring company .
She asked so many questions related to the company .
where is it located. is it a big building.how do you go there.
how much time it takes? how much salary you are getting?
and previous addresses.

prlover said:

Hi prlover
I am sorry I don't know the answer to your Q.
Can you please provide the details of your 485 Category,RD,FP.Your case was transfered on Nov12 and your interview is scheduled on Dec 28.For most people it is taking 3 months time.Any input is highly appreciated.
Thanks
subran

My case is EB1 with RD: March 20, 2003 and ND: March 31, 2003

FP was done on Sept 16, 2004

My 485 was transferred to Newark on Nov 1, 2004.

How/where did you get info for my transfer date and scheduled date?
I even don't know that myself. I just checked my case status and there is no any updates at all (but I do wish it is true).

subran said:
Hi prlover
I am sorry I don't know the answer to your Q.
Can you please provide the details of your 485 Category,RD,FP.Your case was transfered on Nov12 and your interview is scheduled on Dec 28.For most people it is taking 3 months time.Any input is highly appreciated.
Thanks
subran

Hi prlover
Thanks for your reply.There is one another person with user name prlover1 who posted his details in page 52 of this forum.I am sorry.
Best wishes
subran

Thanks Krishna.

I am not working with my sponsoring employer. I worked with them 4 yrs ago when they filed Labour. Then i joined company B and i am working with them now. I will be joining my sponsoror only after GC approval...Any advise on what to expect in case of questions..