Newark local office transfer: tracker

HI Mamadhu,

thanks and I wish you good luck on yours......

MAMADHU said:
Hi NJLADY, mjr_jcnj
Congrats and enjoy it!

our cases was transferred to Newark on July 8th and we have not heard anything from Newark yet, we live in Monmouth county, so we may get interviewed in Cherry Hill. I have been following this forum for a while and glad to see people getting what they been waiting for, I hope our turn is soon.

good luck to all

hi njguy07,

When you said newark is processing April 2003 they are talking to the received date of the application only without considering the service center assigned reciept dates or they are ordering receipt dates assigned service center based on the received date? What is true in these two?

If they are true considering the service center assigned reciept dates also then why are people whose receipts are in 2002's are waiting for 1 year time to get the interview scheduled?

When you say they go by the date they receive the application, do you mean by the order of original receipt date of the 485 application with the order in its received in their processing office?

Are they completely ignore the service center assigned date and process completely based on the received date of the application to their office?

Is the local transferred cases filed based on RD or TD? Its confusing?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, markmurali,

My RD is July 03, 02 and ND is July 08, 02, NIW based case.

They just mistook my case as family based immigration and the doucments they checked in the interview letter don't make sense to me. So I called my lawyer and he asked me to ignore it and prepare documents as they should be. For the documents I prepared please refer to my previous post.

Yours should be soon. I got the interview notice about 2 months after the transfer (mine was transfered on July 19) and I think they schedule the interview based on the transfer date instead of the RD of I-485. Just my guess.

hope to hear the good news from you soon.

NJJ[/QUOTE]

How long it takes to transfer file from VSc to Newark and how long it takes to schedule interview. My file was transfer on sept,27th.

--------------------------

ush_bha

RD 06/02
ND 06/02
FP1 08/02
RFE 12/03
RFE RCD 01/04
FP2 06/04
TRN 09/04 (case tranfser to Newark- NJ)
AD ??????

Feedback level of 485 cases transferred to local office

Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office. For transferred applications officially there is no date as such. The only way to know the status of the case is to talk to Immigration officer by fixing an appointment through Infopass. I really have no idea how much really congressman or senator can help.

I contacted the senator John Warner's office today morning, the lady who handles the immigration related issues said that we can only inquire with the district office only if we didn't receive any response after 6 months the case is transferred.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september, 2004. It can take up to 6 months in the normal course of time for the interview to be scheduled. In some cases it might be in 1 -4 months time also.

All the people whose cases are transferred have to keep their spirit up and wait for the decision/interview letter thats all i can tell guys after researching from last 4-5 days extensively.

Interview Notice after transfer to Newark

Hi Guys!

Just got my interview notice in the mail. (USCIS mailed it to my old address even though I notified them 5 times already about the new address). My case was transferred from CSC to LA Office on 8/23/04 then LA Office to Newark on 9/07/04. Interview is on 11/18/04. I'm quite nervous because my case is complicated.

Please pray for me and my family! Thanks!

Hi ACC218,

You said your case is complicated. Could you please tell me what is the problem.
Mine also transfered to newark local office on 09/14.
I filed Labour through company A and joing Company B before Labour apporval then filed 140/485 through company A (Future employement).

gkrishna999 said:
Hi ACC218,

You said your case is complicated. Could you please tell me what is the problem.
Mine also transfered to newark local office on 09/14.
I filed Labour through company A and joing Company B before Labour apporval then filed 140/485 through company A (Future employement).
As you can see on my signature, My I485 was denied and I filed MTR which was approved and denial was reversed. I transferred employment and moved to another state when my I485 was >180 days pending but I140 approved. My previous employer sent BCIS a letter telling them that I resigned so BCIS revoked my i140 and denied all the i485s. Plus back in 1982, I overstayed here illegally for 4 years before I went back to my country of origin and I came back in 1999. My lawyer said it should be fine because it was more than 10 yrs already since 1986.

I don't know what will happen. Just hoping that the IO will have mercy and approve our greencard for my kids future.

Mine is a future employment case, Guys any complication you could assess

Hi,

Our case is a future employment case. I used to work with the sponsoring employer when we filed the labour in May 2001. But i had to quit that employer and joined different employer in August 2001. But when labour (state and federal) got approved in November 2002 the sponsoring employer still continued supporting the process by providing all the documentation to file concurrent 485/I-140 process in December 2002. In January 2003 our I-140 has been approved. Gave 1st FP in Feb 2003, got EAD,AP in Feb 2003. After that Renewed EAD and AP in Feb 2004. After that again we gave 2nd FP recently in July 2004. Then in 2004 Septemeber case has been transferred to local office.

After moving from sponsoring employer to another employer in August 2001 i was there working with them Maryland and in May 2003 i moved to another employer and then moved to virginia and right now i am still working with same employer till now on their parole.

Is this because of this complication with the case it is moved to local office?
What is the risk involved in this case? Any stastics around future employment cases transferred to local offices in?

To Cherry hill transfers

Hello

Thank GOD ,Today my attorney called and informed me that they received my interview letter and she will be present at the interview .
Interview scheduled on Oct 21 2004 at cherry hill office , NJ.
I am resident of Monmouth county .

Future Employment based under section i 245.

- Receipt date ( vermont ) April 2003
- Transfer date July 7th 2004
- Interview letter received on Sept 28 2004
- Interview date Oct 21 2004
- Second Finger printing scheduled on Oct 15 th 2004
- First Medicals not yet done.

Documents requested.
- All Passports
- I - 693 Medicals (appear for interview even if medicals not completed).
- Approval Notice ETA 750 ( Labor ) april 2002
- Proof of citizenship ( I am Indian Born -- Canadian Citizen )
- Birth certificate , marriage certificate in Originals and Dispositions for all
arrest records if any.

Thats all, Hope this will help transferee's with similar situation.

MM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Monmouth County Resident

Mine has been transfered to Newark from VSC on July 12, 2004. But I didn't hear anything yet. As some of you guys pointed out, my 485 could be sitting in Cherry Hill waiting for an interview to be scheduled.
ND: 10/23/2002
:confused:

Hi,markmurali,

So glad to hear the good news from you. My interview is scheduled in Cherry Hill on Oct. 13 and they assign officer 2 to handle my interview. Did they point out which officer will handle your interview in your interview notice? If it is the same officer, I will definitely share my interview experience with you after mine is done.

NJJ

My case transfer to Newark

My husband got approved On Sep 16,2004. But mine was transferred to local office. Does anyone know how long I could get response from the Newark office? My ND is Nov 13, 2002. Thanks.

Hi njm324,

Is your case any way AC21 or future employment based case? How different is it from your husbands case?

I am under the impression that Service center is transferring the cases only if they are eligible for AC21, future employment or any other things for which more investigation is required.

To Wonderfulboy

My husband is primary applicant, he got approved without any Ref. I was added when he applied 140. I don’t know why my case transfer to local office. For speed process or? When can I get interview?
My husband did change his job, but he doesn’t get the chance to submit AC21 because no REF.

njm324,

Since your husband was already approved, they probably just want to verify your marriage to your husband and you two live together, etc. So nothing to worry about.

Mine is a future employment case. i used to work with the sponsoring employer in the first couple of months after labour petition is filed. After that i left the company and joined another employer B. When working with employer B labour is approved and sposoring employer supported me to apply for 485/I-140 concurrent process in December 2002. My I-140 got approved in January 2003, 1st EAD/AP got approved February 2003, gave 1st FP at Baltimore office in Feb 2003. After that filed for extension of EAD/AP in Dec 2003 ang got approved Feb 2004. Meanwhile in May 2003 moved from employer B to employer C ( different from sponsoring employer). In july 2004 got notice for 2nd FP gave them in Alexandria, VA. In september 2004 my case has been transferred to local office. The scenario now is after getting GC i have to work with sponsoring employer.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september 2004. Probably they want to confirm whether the sponsoring employer will support even now for the GC may be? I am not sure if not what for they transferred to local office?

I am trying from that point of time what processing timings the local office is working for transferred cases. i talked to about 10 customer representatives calling 1-800-375-5283, congressman,senator, my attorney (Rajiv Khanna) etc about this.

Finally concluded based on all those calls that district processing timings for 485 are not meant for transferred cases but only for family based cases. For transferred cases there are no offiicial published timings. Its purely based on the way officer, office handles in scheduling the interview.Congressman,senators office and lawyers office said it can any where from 2 months - 1year to get the interview schedule.

God knows when they will send the interview schedule!!! :confused:

Hello,

Hi NJJ

At Last I received the interview l after almost three months .
My interview is on Oct 22 at 2.00 pm
The Officer # is 1
GOOD LUCK NJJ

Thanks

MM

Murali,

You are a lucky guy buddy. Officer scheduled the interview fast enough within 2 + months time. I am really scared after talking to rajiv khanna (my attorney), messages in washington dc forum how long it will take for my case to be scheduled an interview :confused: I will be very happy if i get it in 2+ months time frame.